Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Nail Envy thread

+8
HanSpan
starrystarry
Laura
SueD
LoolaBeanbag
JackieP
Wesker
kissmenow9
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another Nail Envy thread Empty Another Nail Envy thread

Post  kissmenow9 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:43 am

Well, the miracle cure didn't want to work for me Sad

I tried it, it just makes my nails peel even more - actually, two weeks after not using it, it appears my nails are much better now than they were when I was using it. Eventually I think I'll get round to selling my bottle.

Am I just the rare one who couldn't get along with it?
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Another Nail Envy thread Empty Re: Another Nail Envy thread

Post  Wesker Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:56 am

I've used it a few times but not sure if it really did anything.
What i dont understand is that if you are meant to use 2 coats the first day then one coat a day after that and take it all off at the end of a week,
can you not use normal polish at all?
Cos if you removed your polish after a day or 2 you would remove the nail envy too, and start from the beginning again scratch
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:02 am

I've just been using it as a basecoat. Hasn't done much so far, in fact I had a bit of peeling on one yesterday. But it's only been just under two weeks I think so maybe I need to give it a bit longer.
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:42 am

I use it religiously but I'm not convinced it does anything - I like to feel that I'm protected by it, and would feel like I'd deprived my nails if I went without it. I'm using Vitagel with the gels for the same reason.
I do massage in plenty of oil, nail balm etc. and buff like buggery every time I remove and re-polish which is probably doing far more good than these 'miracle products'!!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:48 am

What oil do you use Loola?

I moisturise my hands and nails like mad on a daily basis anyway because I have problematic skin (currently using Hand Food), plus I massage Burts Bees lemon cuticle balm into my cuticles every night (and when changing polish). I'm wondering if I should use an oil or something as well, or should that be enough?
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:05 am

My nails are naturally like my hair, thin and crappy .Using Nail Envy helped me grow my nails as they are much stronger using it as instructed ie two coats,then one a day etc. I still use it as a base coat as I'm too scared not to ! I do have a couple of nails that are a bit peely , though they're on my right hand which always gets more of a battering Rolling Eyes 
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 am

JackieP wrote:What oil do you use Loola?

I moisturise my hands and nails like mad on a daily basis anyway because I have problematic skin (currently using Hand Food), plus I massage Burts Bees lemon cuticle balm into my cuticles every night (and when changing polish).  I'm wondering if I should use an oil or something as well, or should that be enough?
I use Moyra Sea Fruits Oil Jackie, but I've just bought some essence nail oil and nail balm which I'm trying. I'll also plonk whatever is nearby on - Bio Oil, L'Occitane shea butter, H&M body butter.... you name it, I'll try to rub it in Very Happy 

Sue, my nails are like my hair too - except mine are thick and dry.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:04 am

Hmm...I've got some rosehip oil, but no idea if that's good for nails as well as skin. Very Happy

My nails are generally ok strength wise, just a bit prone to ridges and peeling. It's really annoying, they reach a certain length and then tiny layers start chipping off. No 
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:12 am

Can you gently peel them and re-surface with a buffer Jackie? If they're thick enough it stops them catching until they grow out. Smile 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Nail Envy has done absolute wonders for me, until I started using it I had never been able to grow my nails as they would just break as soon as they got to a decent length. I use a coat of Nail Envy under every manicure and have done for about 18 months and I can finally grow nails that are so long I can't cope with them!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:09 pm

kissmenow9 wrote:Well, the miracle cure didn't want to work for me Sad

I tried it, it just makes my nails peel even more - actually, two weeks after not using it, it appears my nails are much better now than they were when I was using it. Eventually I think I'll get round to selling my bottle.

Am I just the rare one who couldn't get along with it?
Did you buy the regular Nail Envy or the Sensitive & Peeling version? The regular one did nothing for my peely nails but the S&P one did work.

Wesker...you're supposed to do one coat a day, no polish, for a week or so until it gets too thick then remove it and start again. You do this for 2 or 3 weeks to give your nails a boost then go back to just using it as a basecoat under polish.

I did get results from S&P Nail Envy, but not as good as Nailtiques Formula 2. That completely stopped my nails peeling.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:19 pm

I've not got peely nails ususally - just the occasional odd bit at the edge if I've abused them, but I bought nail envy when I went on holiday and forgot base & top coat.
Didn't work for me as a base coat at all - everything came off!
When I finally get round to sorting out getting rid of the things I really enver will use this will be going I think.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:18 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Can you gently peel them and re-surface with a buffer Jackie? If they're thick enough it stops them catching until they grow out.  Smile 
Yeah I might try that this time, as it's only one little bit that's peeling. I don't like to buff too much though, I thought it made the nail thinner?
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:31 am

I imagine if you over use the rougher sides then it would thin the nails Jackie, but the polishing surface shouldn't thin them, and buff lightly. I'm fortunate that I have thick nails, I can peel a couple of layers off and still have plenty left to buff.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:36 am

Guess I'm in for a good buffing tonight then. Laughing 
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  annita008 Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:36 am

does this help sith peely nails? the layers of my nails keep breaking :/
annita008
annita008

Back to top Go down

Post  annita008 Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:45 am

sorry about the double post, i bought this yesterday, im gonna give it a try... but i do have a question..do i have to use only the nail envy (with one coat every other) without polish for about 2 weeks??? naked nails???? Neutral
annita008
annita008

Back to top Go down

Post  stationaryace Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:06 pm

I use it as a base coat under regular polish but put two layers on. Have done this from the start (no naked nails here, no siree) so I didn't notice any immediate change. Took a few months then one day I looked down and thought "holy crap my nails are long" Shocked - they hadn't chipped away at the sides so I hadn't had to keep filing them down. I now have to watch my pinky fingers as those babies can do some serious damage if I forget when applying make up etc.
stationaryace
stationaryace

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 am

I think doing the naked nails thing for 2 or 3 weeks will give them a quick boost annita, but if you can't bear to be without polish then just use it as a basecoat as stationaryace says.

Did you get the Sensitive & Peeling Nail Envy by the way, or the regular one?
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  annita008 Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:04 am

thanks, i think its the regular one.. it was weird cause they were kinda expensive...and there were like the whole line of nail envy by themselves and also nail envy with other stuff for the same price :S... so i picked the regular nail envy that came with a cuticule oil, avoplex or something like that.
annita008
annita008

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:23 am

Well if that doesn't work you can always try the sensitive & peeling one, if you have peely nails like mine.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 am

I've pretty much switched to Vitagel. No more dragging, splits or nakedness, less tip wear too! I may have mentioned this stuff a lot but it's great, and I urge you ladies to consider it even though there's an initial highish spend (lamp, Vitagel, Cleanser and pH bond). elephant 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:24 pm

LoolaBeanbag wrote:I've pretty much switched to Vitagel.  No more dragging, splits or nakedness, less tip wear too! I may have mentioned this stuff a lot but it's great, and I urge you ladies to consider it even though there's an initial highish spend (lamp, Vitagel, Cleanser and pH bond).  elephant 
I might look into that in a few weeks. Where did you buy supplies from?
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:47 am

JackieP wrote:
LoolaBeanbag wrote:I've pretty much switched to Vitagel.  No more dragging, splits or nakedness, less tip wear too! I may have mentioned this stuff a lot but it's great, and I urge you ladies to consider it even though there's an initial highish spend (lamp, Vitagel, Cleanser and pH bond).  elephant 
I might look into that in a few weeks.  Where did you buy supplies from?
eBay, US sellers mainly Jackie. I bulk bought essence cleanser when I was in Holland though so probably won't need any more of that until 2018 Smile 
I'm sporting another full set of stark white gels this week (with vitagel under) to use as a base for maybe some stamping, maybe some spots..... maybe a neon collage.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:01 am

I did have a quick google around for the Vitagel etc, and then ran away quickly when I saw the price. Very Happy
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next