Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic - My Angel

3 posters

Go down

Off Topic - My Angel Empty Off Topic - My Angel

Post  Sally Magpie Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 pm

I touched on this earlier, but had to wait to get to a PC to explain myself fully. Its long, so bear with me.

When I was younger I swear I had a guardian angel. No one ever beleives me, but, I am convinced.

It started when I was about 17 and if the truth is told I was a bit of a wild child. I was studying for A Levels and my school's 6th form and completely and utterly bored with what I was doing. It didn't light a fire in my soul and I just wanted to have fun. To my immense luck my dad was a wild child of the 60's and was quite happy for me to live my life and enjoy the freedoms that he had in his youth. He wanted me to pass my exams, but he wasn't adverse to me going out and having a good time. He didn't think that being a girl should stop me doing exactly what I wanted.

This however, did lead me to get into a number of sticky situation.

When I was about 17 I started to see the same man around several times. It wasn't always in the same pubs/clubs etc, it could be completely random. But he was always there. He knew my name, but never tried to chat to me. I wouldn't see him for weeks, then he would just appear, bang. He is really distinctive, he is tall, well over 6ft and he has dreads half way down his back. Eyes and skin the colour of dark chocolate. So distinctive I know him anywhere and could spot him across a crowded room.

Roll forward to me just about passing my exams and I go out to celebrate, big style. We had been drinking since about 12 in the afternoon, and by 10pm were in a right party mood ( despite me having work at 7am the next morning). So, we head to 'The Dome' which is a massive nightclub in Birmingham which plays awful music, but there are always plenty of 'hicks' who are happy to buy drinks and we are poor students. When we are there I nip to the loo and on the way back to my mate I fall down some stairs. I didn't know it at the time but I had shattered my elbow. Things were bad, very bad.

My mate had pulled, and I didn't want to let her down by us having to leave early. So, I take a seat, her beau for the night buys me a brandy to settle my nerves and I slowly come to the realisation that something bad has happened. The long and short is we call for an ambulance, and it doesn't arrive for what feels like ages, and a taxi driver pulls up outside the club and offers to take us to the hospital. The driver is this guy. When we arrive he helps us inside in our very inebriated states and then disappears. No money ever passes hands.

Forward a week and I am still in hospital and in a bad way. My sister is visiting who is a very young 15. The doctors come and explain that my operation done 5 days previously hasn't gone to plan and they are going to do another. I am inconsolable and very frightened as it could mean I could loose the use in my arm.

As soon as my parents arrive my sister bolts. She isn't used to being alone in the city, she has little to do no idea where she is or where she is running. My dad tries to find her and after 15 minutes finds her walking down the road with a tall black guy with dreads. I never see him myself, being stuck in a hospital bed, but he found her in a phone box crying her heart out and brings her back to us.

After this meeting I see him more and more regularly. It isn't always night, it is completely and utterly random. He still never speaks to me, and for some reason I never have an urge to speak to him. But, he is there throughout my life for years.

I lost my dad young and to compensate for all the hurt and guilt I felt I decided to embark on what was the most insane, destructive relationship I have ever known. The first time we meet properly, I see this guy on the way. He just looks at me and says 'what the hell are you doing' I knew I was doing something very stupid, and went ahead. I wish I had listened. To put it into perspective he was a 36 year old woman hating single dad, who had a 3 year old autistic son and a previous conviction for dealing which resulted in a prison sentence. (needless to say he didn't get invited to come home and meet my mum!)

During this time I see him a lot, he frowns a lot when I am not near my home town, but if I am out with friends or living my life he is back to his normal self. This relationship ended with a crash. At the time I had the bestest friend a girl could ask for, we were like sisters. She was poorly, so poorly I used to look at her sometimes and will her any way out of the pain that she was feeling. I used to visit her daily in hospital and hold her hand. We didn't speak much, she just didn't have the energy. Sometimes when I left at night it was late, the hospital was all closed up for the night and I had to walk along empty corridor after empty corridor to get out. It was terrifying, especially as the lights were motion activated. I hated every second of it. But one night I could tell there was someone there, hiding. Moments later my angel runs past, as if he is in a rush and doesn't even make eye contact. I get to my car safely and get home.

Move on a few years and I meet the man who is to become my husband. I see him once after this. He tells me to take it slow. This was March 2005 and I have never seen him since this date.

Before I got married in 2007 I had Reiki, it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I am confident that if I hadn't done that I would never have got down the aisle. Far too many old ghosts to allow me to be peaceful about it. During those sessions the lady told me I had a guardian angel and he took her by shock as it was a man and he was very striking. The description sounded like the guy I used to see around.

Reading this it sounds like it has been made up by someone who is as crazy as a coconut. It isn't, and I am not. But feel free to have a laugh if you want. My aunt was and is convinced he is a stalker.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Off Topic - My Angel Empty Re: Off Topic - My Angel

Post  Melonade Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 pm

Thats amazing Very Happy I've never been one to believe in Guardian Angels and stuff like that but it sounds very strange indeed. It must be a lovely feeling to have someone there, kind of guiding you. You're very lucky!!

About 13/14 years ago I had a reading done by this woman, she waffled on about stuff that would relavent to nearly everyone and tbh I was keen to get out. Out of the blue she asked who David was... I don't know anyone called David, at least no-one important. Then she asked who Paul is... thats a bit easier as he's my Dad. I was told to go home and speak to my Dad about David (not Dave but David, she was very insistant I got this right) she said David was my Dad's Guardian Angel!!

David turned out to be my Dad's best friend, they always used to look out for each other (everyone called him David, apart from my Dad who called him Dave. His family didn't even call him Dave apparently). David died very young but I can see how he is my Dad's Guardian Angel. My Dad's been through one scrape another another in his life and in all honesty he's pretty lucky to still be here. I like to think David is looking out for him in some way Smile

Melonade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:58 pm

It is very strange,and to be honest I know most people thing it is strange/coincidence etc, but I still like to think he was there to look out for me when I needed it. Just I don't need him anymore so he has gone Sad
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:19 am

That's amazing!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content