Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you wearing today?

+26
Disco Diva
annita008
geekybat
shoppingaddict
fashion-beauty-empress
mmmmchocolate
stationaryace
Nail Luxxe
HanSpan
TattyScone
Shezza
Muffy
LoolaBeanbag
Laura
kelpyg
Babafette
martinsgirl
mayMeow
star_struck
Wesker
Geordie Nails
carter0268
starrystarry
Sam
ninjablossom
SueD
30 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

What are you wearing today? - Page 16 Empty Re: What are you wearing today?

Post  HanSpan Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:18 pm

I've got on blue liquid sand (can't remember the name). I slapped it on to go and see Rick Astley WOOHOO on Friday but it didn't want to dry fast (as all the other textures I've worn do) - so I slapped on a coat of Seche Invincible II. Definitely dries fast! But I can't decide if I have a bit of tip wear or a bit of shrinkage.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Seche Invincible..? What is this you speak of?
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Sam wrote:Seche Invincible..? What is this you speak of?

One of the mysterius new topcoats I've found to try!
there's a review here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I bought it on ebay here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Diva Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:10 pm

A rather amateur looking basic dotticure with CG For Audrey and Sinful Colors Out of This World. I'm following The Crumpet's Simples group on FB and this is this week's prompt. Left hand is CG with SC dots except for ring finger which is reversed and right hand is SC with CG dots again reversed on ring finger. Next time I need to use a smaller dotting tool as the dots are too big on my nubs, and they are rather unevenly sized & spaced, but for only my 2nd attempt at dots, I'm still pleased overall.
Disco Diva
Disco Diva

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:02 am

Disco Diva wrote:A rather amateur looking basic dotticure with CG For Audrey and Sinful Colors Out of This World. I'm following The Crumpet's Simples group on FB and this is this week's prompt. Left hand is CG with SC dots except for ring finger which is reversed and right hand is SC with CG dots again reversed on ring finger. Next time I need to use a smaller dotting tool as the dots are too big on my nubs, and they are rather unevenly sized & spaced, but for only my 2nd attempt at dots, I'm still pleased overall.

Ooh what's the link to the group? I could do with simple imstructions for dotting - mine always look like a 5 year old did them!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Diva Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:41 am

I can't link it, but if you search Simples-Nail Art From Muggle To Mastery, that's the one. Dots is week 5. I still need to do week 3 yet lol
Disco Diva
Disco Diva

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Disco Diva wrote:I can't link it, but if you search Simples-Nail Art From Muggle To Mastery, that's the one. Dots is week 5. I still need to do week 3 yet lol

Ta - found it & requested to join!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Diva Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:54 pm

I have GOSH Frosted Silver on my toenails & ring fingernails, and on the rest of my fingernails I have Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Crystal Beading, which is very pretty but very sheer, even after 3 coats, so think I'll use undies next time.
Disco Diva
Disco Diva

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:32 am

I'm all Smitten'd up...Amas Veritas on my toes and Claddagh on my hands Smile
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Barry M Pacific from the aquarium collection with Barry M Silver foil effects and Moyou plate Sailor 05. Scuse the middle finger nubbin and horribly dry hands Sad  They're now in cotton gloves and slathered with hand cream Hot weather can make my excema flare up from time to time unfortunately.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 pm

redfragglebiker wrote:Barry M Pacific from the aquarium collection with Barry M Silver foil effects and Moyou plate Sailor 05. Scuse the middle finger nubbin and horribly dry hands Sad  They're now in cotton gloves and slathered with hand cream Hot weather can make my excema flare up from time to time unfortunately.

Pretty!.

My ordinarlily absolutely shocking cuticles are just a bit horrid at the moment, thanks to a nailtiques kit on offer from Escentual. Ooh its still on offer here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I've found the oil plus the sticky balm stuff is absolutely fab for me, where nothing much before has made a difference.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:34 am

I went on holiday last week for my birthday and had acrylics done for the first time ever  Shocked 
The polish is a color club, its been on for nine days now and not chipped at all, just slight tip wear
Pic was taken after 4 days  Smile 

Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:55 am

Your stamping looks great redfragglebiker and that manicure looks fab Wesker. Belated birthday wishes!  Very Happy 

I've just painted my nails with OPI Pedal Faster Suzi! and it's lovely and shimmery.
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Second ever attempt at a water marble. Done using Essence polish from Wilkos

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:19 am

Wow, that water marble looks great!  Very Happy I've still never plucked up the courage to try it........

I'm currently wearing OPI DS Chiffon.
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:19 am

I'm currently wearing Festival. By tomorrow it will have been on for TWO WEEKS!
I've been so busy I've not changed it, although I would have done if it had chipped but it hasn't.

One coat of fill the gap, two of festival then a coat of Cuccio topcoat Thursday before last. Then on the friday I patched up a few bits I'd squished and put another top coat on the ends & any iffy patches. Since then I've not touched it, other than to pick at my cuticles which usually wrecks a manicure pretty quickly! Also during that time I've been packing boxes to go into storage so my hands have taken far more than their usual pounding. Its bizarre and astonishing!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Very Happy Currently wearing "Spending Spree" by ciate. It's a gorgeous goldy, pinky duchrome but IMPOSSIBLE to get a good picture of! It looks stunning in the sunlight and I can't stop looking at it!

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Diva Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Toenails are sporting Barry M Superdrug LE Promenade (bright vibrant pink with a shimmer) at the moment, fingernails currently naked after smashing my right index fingernail to smithereens right to the quick (owwwwww!) while wearing the beautimous A England Briar Rose.
Disco Diva
Disco Diva

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Daisy stamped mani using , essence blue, sinful white and sally hansen yellow. The mistamped thumb did my head in so I redid that but haven't taken a new pic - scuse the dry hands - they got a thorough oiling after the pic!!!

Typically after I'd just posted this the Jessica Holo I bought from mayMeow turned up so I now almost want to get rid of it so I can play! It's my first holo (I know, I know I can't believe it's taken me this long!)

On a side note I got transported back to my goth years after seeing a Stargazer stand in oine of our local cheapy tat style shops. They had the whole chromes range so although I have already got a good gold and silver for stamping (Barry M Gold foils) I had to buy the other 4 as I have heard good things about them for stamping!

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:31 pm

Wearing the holo I bought from Maymeow. It's the Jessica Holographioc Chic set which came with the basecoat. Why did no one tell me what a PITA it was to get a good picture of a holo??? It's so much better than the pics show! (scuse teh horrible cuticles and dry skin btw - My hands and nails need some serious TLC but I was short on time when I threw this on my digits!)

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:37 pm

redfragglebiker wrote:[url=https://servimg.com/view/18769026/22]Wearing the holo I bought from Maymeow. It's the Jessica Holographioc Chic set which came with the basecoat. Why did no one tell me what a PITA it was to get a good picture of a holo??? It's so much better than the pics show! (scuse teh horrible cuticles and dry skin btw - My hands and nails need some serious TLC but I was short on time when I threw this on my digits!)

Look great on you!! Very Happy Weird trick- but try taking a pic of your nails underwater- you usually get the holo effect pretty well. Works for duo-chromes as well!

I recently decided that professionalism can bite me. I woar bright purple nails with butterfly glitter to see a client last week and acid green the week before. I don't know how long I'll be able to get away with it before my boss pulls me up, so today I'm going to do peacock blue as the last hurrah.
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Good for you lovely. I was a bit concerned when I started my current job as it's for a property firm so all the guys are very "grey suit and traditional" types. Up I rock with my bright pink hair (It was that colour for the interview although I did make a point of saying it could be changed if need  be for the job) and no one batted an eye. We're still a very traditional offcie and I have normal coloured hair (for now) but my nails always rock it! Currently wearing Sinful Colours Timbleberry with a white floral stamp over the top. They're awfully bright and I love them!

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:58 pm

redfragglebiker wrote:Good for you lovely. I was a bit concerned when I started my current job as it's for a property firm so all the guys are very "grey suit and traditional" types. Up I rock with my bright pink hair (It was that colour for the interview although I did make a point of saying it could be changed if need  be for the job) and no one batted an eye. We're still a very traditional offcie and I have normal coloured hair (for now) but my nails always rock it! Currently wearing Sinful Colours Timbleberry with a white floral stamp over the top. They're awfully bright and I love them!

Yay! Go us Very Happy I wish I could do crazy hair (I did have green hair before I started my current job), but I know that one would be stamped out pretty quick! I've got an interview for an internal promotion on Thurs, so I'm going to wear super glitter nails and see if they say anything!!
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:26 am

My first ever leadlight style manicure.

Can't stop looking at it. Despite it's flaws and obvious misspamp in places I'm still pretty chuffed. Plate is Pueen 72 from the Buffet Collection if anyone is interested. #

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16