Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hubby clearly has no clue

+4
Laura
SueD
Babafette
Disco Diva
8 posters

Go down

My Hubby clearly has no clue Empty My Hubby clearly has no clue

Post  Disco Diva Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 pm

As to the extent of my obsession. He copped me with a parcel of nail mail the other day, and told me off for buying more "after all, you must have 20-odd now"
Not even close my darling, not even close. Try 220 and you might be getting closer to the actual figure. When I pulled out just my untrieds the other week, I had 97  Shocked 
Disco Diva
Disco Diva

Back to top Go down

My Hubby clearly has no clue Empty Re: My Hubby clearly has no clue

Post  Babafette Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:22 pm

Oh dear. Shocked Has he not noticed where you are storing them?

My OH does have a clue. I get a perplexed look every time I get nail mail, closely followed by "surely you must have enough polish by now?!?".  Embarassed I do like to keep him on his toes every now and again though by receiving a parcel which doesn't actually contain nail polish!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:05 am

I was sitting on the bed admiring one of my boxes of OPI's the other day when my DH came in, looked at them and said 'Have you got enough there?' Silly man....
He knows I've got a lot though as he knows how long I've been buying polish for ,where I keep them and which kitchen cupboard to avoid unless he wants a chance of being hit by one falling out on him Smile

Last edited by SueD on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Diva Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 am

Babafette wrote:Oh dear. Shocked Has he not noticed where you are storing them?

My OH does have a clue. I get a perplexed look every time I get nail mail, closely followed by "surely you must have enough polish by now?!?".  Embarassed I do like to keep him on his toes every now and again though by receiving a parcel which doesn't actually contain nail polish!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
They're all in a large Soap & Glory washbag or stashed under clothes in drawers, plus he doesn't need to lift the bag up any time, so I think he really isn't sure exactly how many I have. What the eye doesn't see and all that....he'd be horrified if he really did find out just how badly obsessed I've become, especially seeing as he had to bail me out financially over Christmas-not that I don't earn my own money and not that I blew my December wages on polish (I didn't actually buy any between December & January paydays), nor should I have to justify what I spend my wages on, but I just have this image in my head of him going absolutely nuclear on me.
Disco Diva
Disco Diva

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:38 am

Hahahaha I remember reading this on ATN Laughing
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  star_struck Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:30 am

Sounds familiar :p I was in Boots the other day with my boyfriend, and debating buying 2 more nail polishes, from him I got "what's 2 more to add to the 200 you already have"  Laughing Yes dear, I only have 200.... :p Think I must be at between 300 and 400 now  Very Happy 
star_struck
star_struck

Back to top Go down

Post  geekybat Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:11 pm

My hubby has a good idea about my collection and what I have. He knows where I keep them as he built the Helmers!

But when we are out and I'm looking at polish thinking if I should buy it he'll point out that I have every colour under the sun, so why would I want another colour of a colour I have? At this point I'll argue they are quite similar but not exactly the same  Razz 

He knows the difference between an OPI and W7 bottle. I'm impressed.  Shocked
geekybat
geekybat

http://www.ananka.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:25 am

I still live with my parents and luckily (or not) don't have an OH to moan about my stash. I have most of them proudly displayed on shelves in my bedroom, though I need my dad to make me another two or three racks. And then I need to find somewhere on the wall to put them.
My mum know the full amount I have and she still encourages me. Very Happy My dad just gives me a 'look', like he thinks I'm simple or something lol, when he ever sees them. The thing is he doesn't even think I have half what I have. Razz 

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:07 am

Mine are in various stacking baskets stored under the bed on my side. I also have a "spare" basket which I use to carry the bits downstairs I will be using at any given time. Since the OH only sees the "in use at this very moment" basket I don't think he has a clue! Plus the deliveries come to work so I can all too easily pull off the "NOOOOO I've had this one for AGES" thing! *naughtyface*

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down