Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I've started a blog... complete novice

+2
carter0268
redfragglebiker
6 posters

Go down

So I've started a blog... complete novice Empty So I've started a blog... complete novice

Post  redfragglebiker Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:20 am

As the title says really (LOL) I;ve decided to start a blog regarding my forays into nail art. My current level is complete beginner so I am hoping that by sharing my successes and mistakes that I can encourage a few more people to give it a go and just generally share my experiences and reviews on whatever I happen to have in my grubby little bits at any given time.

Would really appreciate any followers. There's nowt on there except an intro at the moment but the idea is for a post per week at the moment and see how that goes down. Any support or people that fancy following me would be greatly appreciated. I will follow back where I can if you leave details of your blog for me either here or in the comment of my blog.

Thanksies muchly and I hope to see you there (Am hoping to write my first review this evening of my current wear so keep your eyes peeled!)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

So I've started a blog... complete novice Empty Re: So I've started a blog... complete novice

Post  carter0268 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:24 am

Hi Beccy, I will follow you if I can find a link to do so lol. Good luck with the blog Smile
carter0268
carter0268

Back to top Go down

So I've started a blog... complete novice Empty Re: So I've started a blog... complete novice

Post  starrystarry Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:26 am

I can't work out how to follow you? Do you need to add some buttons or something? I don't blog so I don't know how to do it but one of the other ladies will know.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:36 am

Still trying to work out the following bit. I've added a follow by email button now so hopefully that works! Also added a share to facebook button so hoping that works too! Very Happy

thanks for the support people. Really really sweet of you. Xx

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  carter0268 Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:27 am

You're welcome - following you now lol
carter0268
carter0268

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:23 am

Thank you Carter! New entry just posted!

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:32 am

I've followed you as well xx
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:08 am

Awww thank you starry.. Hadn't realised there were so many MSE exilers on here BTW. What on earth happened?

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:17 am

We started off on a thread on the Health & Beauty board over on MSE, but the powers that be started telling people off for posting links to their blogs and stuff. We had a bit of a heated discussion over it with the MSE admin team but they wouldn't budge, so Sally Magpie set up this lovely little corner of the web that's all ours. Nobody can tell us what to do here  cheers 
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:18 am

I've added you to my Blogger reading list Smile

Could I make a couple of suggestions? I'd remove the captcha from your comments (you may not even know this is there!) - this really puts a lot of people off commenting. Also, the size of your bottle photos is great, but maybe make the ones of your nails bigger? It's just personal preference really, but I like nice big pictures so I can see all the detail Smile
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi Sam,

All suggestions welcome! I hadn't realised the captcha was there so I will remove. The pics will be of a better size next time. I was a bit limited this time round as my camera died so it was all done via my phone! Good to have some feeback for future posts though! Very Happy

Thank you for the follow by the way... I'm all a bit new to this and the support I've had on this forum so far had been great!

Starry - It is a shame how the MSE guys seem to allow certain things but not others with no rhyme or reason behind it! It's nice we can run riot on here and share to our little hearts content though!

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  carter0268 Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Hiya :)I think your first stamping attempt is great! Re the post, I think you did really well! I liked that you included pictures of the stamping plate and nail polish bottles as well as your nails. I would suggest using the bigger picture of your nails as the first picture you see as that one was clearer than the one at the start of the post. Also, it makes a big difference to pictures if you have a plain background, good lighting and practice hand poses so that you can see all the nails as well as the bottle. It is harder than it looks to line up all your fingernails together. I only ever use my phone to take pics of my nails for instagram and find my bathroom light is the best in my house (halogen downlights). I read a really good post some time ago with suggestions for taking photos for blogging, but I can't remember who wrote it now :/. Might be worth a google!

Best of luck! I look forward to seeing your next post xx
carter0268
carter0268

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Thanks Carter - I have now sorted my initial camera issues so hopefully pics will be better on the next post! Very Happy I shall google the photo tips as I know they need some work for sure. Thanks for all the support and lovely comments!

Now I just have to decide what to do for my next post. Going to avoid another stamping one for now so I'm torn between a review of the Barry M Gellies, my adventures with a dotting tool or if I should risk it for a biscuit and try out the new fimo canes that arrived today (which I'm actually pretty chuffed with as I was worried about them being too big but they're proper tiny!)

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:34 am

I'm old & a bit dim in terms of all this new stuff so I've no idea how hard it is but - can you add follow on Bloglovin? That's all I've got to grips with for blogs and I'd really like to see your posts.
Alternatively just keep posting links here & I'll follow them but I think that will mean I'll never show as a watcher in any of your count lists.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:55 am

I don't actually know Han but I will certainly look into it. The mister works in IT so if I can't work it out I'll just cry at him until he makes it work!

Might try and do a feather mani over the next few weeks too - Wondering if I can ask for some freebie feathers froma friend who keeps chickens (obviously I'll wash them before using!)

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:00 am

Update - Bloglovin follow button now added - and I did it all by meself (well I asked google how to do it) but I'm well chuffed. Thanks guys.

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:32 am

carter0268 wrote:I liked that you included pictures of the stamping plate and nail polish bottles as well as your nails.
I completely agree with this, I really like to see pictures of the polish bottles too. Very Happy 
carter0268 wrote:It is harder than it looks to line up all your fingernails together.
So true, so true! I can't tell you how many attempts it usually takes me to get a good picture.  geek  Laughing
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:33 am

Followed via bloglovin xx
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:39 am

Thanks starry Smile

Hoping the double stamping doest look too bad! I couldn't see any obvious sharp lines which is alwaus a bonus!

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:37 pm

Fab - I've followed via blogloving too - well hopefully;)
I seem to be having more and more 'senior' moments where things I think I did haven't actually quite worked out!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:29 am

Hoping to do a Mini Mouse inspired mani this eve if all goes well. Hoping to get some better pictures this time too!
Very Happy

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 pm

New post up for the Minnie Mouse Mani at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down