Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

redfragglebiker - ciate nail lab

4 posters

Go down

redfragglebiker - ciate nail lab Empty redfragglebiker - ciate nail lab

Post  backhoe71 Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:18 am

Help. Was going to have a play tonight but have got myself in a tis!! The silver balls. Now Im guessing these go in the suspension mix when you mix up a glitter. But how many do you put in? if they all have to go in one bottle then surely I go only make one glitter polish as i won't be able to get them out again!!! Please help.

backhoe71

Back to top Go down

redfragglebiker - ciate nail lab Empty Re: redfragglebiker - ciate nail lab

Post  HanSpan Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:00 pm

backhoe71 wrote:Help. Was going to have a play tonight but have got myself in a tis!! The silver balls. Now Im guessing these go in the suspension mix when you mix up a glitter. But how many do you put in? if they all have to go in one bottle then surely I go only make one glitter polish as i won't be able to get them out again!!! Please help.

How big are your balls (ooh err)?
If they are very big just one will do, otherwise two. You shouldn't need more than 2 unless you make something very sticky & hard to mix. Try one or two and you can always add another at a later date if you have to.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  backhoe71 Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:20 pm

HanSpan wrote:
backhoe71 wrote:

How big are your balls (ooh err)?
If they are very big just one will do, otherwise two.  You shouldn't need more than 2 unless you make something very sticky & hard to mix.  Try one or two and you can always add another at a later date if you have to.

Oh I say. Never been asked that before!!! lol

Well I had a go last night. I followed one of their receipes and after a lot of faffing around (the funnel getting blocked cos I put it right in the suspension, dropping glitter everywhere, the glitter just sitting in the suspension top coat and not mixing) it worked. I used two balls so I'm going to have to buy some more I think.

Thanks for the help.

backhoe71

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:05 am

Just got my kit today and can completely understand your confusion! You definitely need 2 that size, but then that's only enough for 3 bottles Sad
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Sam wrote:Just got my kit today and can completely understand your confusion!  You definitely need 2 that size, but then that's only enough for 3 bottles Sad

Definitely not enough balls! Although lots of the recipies say to mix glitter then squoosh wet polish into it in the dish, rather than actually mising with suspension base.

MandaMakes (or something similar) on Etsy does extra (and bigger) balls. Ooh err.

I really do have the humour of a small child. Balls just makes me want to giggle every single time.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:18 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one giggling like a juvenile! I was looking for some extras and the OH walks in
"whatcha doing" says he
"shopping for extra balls" Infantile gigling
OH (looking downwards) " I hoped mine were enough"
Me "Ah but yours are too big an not made of metal"
OH (looking considerably brighter) "Oh well that's okay then"

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  backhoe71 Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:43 pm

See now you have got me doing infantile giggling. All I can think of is a man with silver metal balls!!!

backhoe71

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:02 am

HanSpan's man is just shaking his head at me. Not that his sense of humour isn't equally infantile but somehow little metal balls doesn't tickly him.

teehee. Still giggling.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:43 pm

backhoe71 wrote:See now you have got me doing infantile giggling. All I can think of is a man with silver metal balls!!!

Hahaha - Don't forget his metal balls have to be REEALLLY tiny!
 (cue another round of hapless giggles at this end!)

Was still looking for some extras last night and the OH was also helping by searching for me.... cue the sentence from HIS mouth "hun - I think I've found your balls, but I don't know if these are too big!"

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:40 am

redfragglebiker wrote:
backhoe71 wrote:See now you have got me doing infantile giggling. All I can think of is a man with silver metal balls!!!

Hahaha - Don't forget his metal balls have to be REEALLLY tiny!
 (cue another round of hapless giggles at this end!)

Was still looking for some extras last night and the OH was also helping by searching for me.... cue the sentence from HIS mouth "hun - I think I've found your balls, but I don't know if these are too big!"

Priceless.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  backhoe71 Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:59 am

Was telling the OH about this thread and giggling. The stupid sod then says 'do I need to buy some more balls then?' I don't know petal you tell me!!! Laughing 

backhoe71

Back to top Go down

Post  redfragglebiker Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:09 am

backhoe71 wrote:Was telling the OH about this thread and giggling. The stupid sod then says 'do I need to buy some more balls then?' I don't know petal you tell me!!! Laughing 

Hahaha - they do just walk into these things sometimes!

OH bought me some nail polish to hceer me up after a bad day yesterday. He then comes out with " I was going to order you some balls but didn't know how big you wanted them so didn't bother"

I think he's just doing it on purpose now. The balls discussion has become a definite "thing" in our house

redfragglebiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:04 am

I quite like the big balls from MicaMoma - don't know how expensive they work out with postage though.
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Sam wrote:I quite like the big balls from MicaMoma - don't know how expensive they work out with postage though.

Expensive if that's all you buy. I did ask if they would do some with reduced postage as just one pack would be much less expensive to post but they refused. So I didn't bother.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down