OMG Disaster!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OMG Disaster!!

Post  shoppingaddict on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Dragonette wrote:*passes 2 large drinks*
I wonder if you could call her up and ask her to have another look? I know you won't want to upset her but surely it would be better for her to find out now than she sometimes over-files rather than in an exam etc.

Personally I would like to show her college tutor and maybe all three of you could work out the best way to (horrible phrase!) move forward. It would help you (maybe), definately help her learning and hopefully give the teacher a kick up the backside to keep a closer eye on their students.

I completely realise that the above is unlikely, I just feel really bad for you Sad the pics made my fingers and toes curl up in sympathy! I hope you're in less pain now xx

I was thinking the same as above. Really her college needs to know, especially as she's doing this to other people!
shoppingaddict

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:21 pm

I really feel for you, because I would hate this to happen. I am lucky that I have never dipped my toes into the acrylics world.
Sally Magpie

View user profile http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:08 am

Well i'm happy to report they're fixed! Went to the salon and had them soaked off and redone.

£50 later mind affraid But worth it to have them looking like they weren't done by a 2yr old and not hurting.

By the way, Linzi... I lied last night (unintentionally!) it WAS a hole in my nail affraid
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:16 am

xoxo wrote:Well i'm happy to report they're fixed! Went to the salon and had them soaked off and redone.

£50 later mind affraid But worth it to have them looking like they weren't done by a 2yr old and not hurting.

By the way, Linzi... I lied last night (unintentionally!) it WAS a hole in my nail affraid

HOW MUCH?! What did they say about the state of your nails?
shoppingaddict

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:18 am

A hole - right through? Oh my good god. Owww[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I really think you need to tell her if she filed right through your nail - definitely not something she wants to be left not knowing about and possibly doing it to someone else, even if you don't ask for your money back (which I definiltey would!)

So glad you're all better now.

HanSpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:28 am

I'm glad you've got it sorted now but what a nightmare affraid

Its really put me off ever having anything like that done to my nails, they are far from perfect but they will have to do lol.
I looked at the pics and it made me cringe No

I'm sure you could have done a better job yourself with a DIY kit and a few Youtube vids Wink
Wesker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:31 am

It was £15 to soak the old ones off, £35 for the new ones. Worth it though because they were hurting before and looked a state.

Yes, right through. Sad The pain when she took it off was horrendous.

I'm going to speak to her about it tomorrow.

The girl today was horrified. Called all her colleagues over to have a look at them before she started work, then again when she had taken the old ones off. She also suggested getting them infilled and growing the damaged nails out rather than taking them off any time soon because my nails have been filed so much. Took ages to soak them off because they were so flipping thick! She said she couldnt even see the tips the girl had put on because they were coated (on both sides) in so much acrylic Laughing

The girl who messed them up saw me going in to the salon so I guess she knows I wasn't happy.

I'm much happier with them now though.

Wesker - I definitely could have done a better job. Infact i'm contemplating getting a kit and having a go myself while I grow out the damage. On the nails that aren't destroyed underneath, obviously... Laughing
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzi on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:13 am

shoppingaddict wrote:HOW MUCH?! What did they say about the state of your nails?
To be fair, that sounds about right.

Generally soak offs are free with new sets, but if they've come from another salon/person then you don't know exactly how long they would take to soak off. Some salons use a liquid which is methylmethacrylate (MMA) rather than the ethylmethacrylate (EMA) that they should, basically because it's cheap! You could buy a gallon for less than I could buy a litre of my liquid for! It's also really, REALLY hard - it's basically dental acrylic - which is piled on thickly. It also needs for the nail to be really roughed up in order to stick, but once it does, it's on there and it's not shifting. People love it because they last for ages before they have infills, which they think is great. However, what they're not tol is that normal acrylic is made to break - something has to give and, in the case of the thick MMA, it will be your natural nail. It will, best case scenario, rip your nail off its bed. Sorry about the ramble, but they could've been sitting there for hours!

It's a shame for xoxo, cos it wasn't her fault, but it's only fair to charge for the time taken.

xoxo wrote:By the way, Linzi... I lied last night (unintentionally!) it WAS a hole in my nail affraid

It did look like it Sad

I'm really glad you've got some nice nails on now! They do look beautiful when done properly... and they don't hurt!
Linzi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzi on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:17 am

xoxo wrote:It was £15 to soak the old ones off, £35 for the new ones. Worth it though because they were hurting before and looked a state.

Yes, right through. Sad The pain when she took it off was horrendous.

I'm going to speak to her about it tomorrow.

The girl today was horrified. Called all her colleagues over to have a look at them before she started work, then again when she had taken the old ones off. She also suggested getting them infilled and growing the damaged nails out rather than taking them off any time soon because my nails have been filed so much. Took ages to soak them off because they were so flipping thick! She said she couldnt even see the tips the girl had put on because they were coated (on both sides) in so much acrylic Laughing

The girl who messed them up saw me going in to the salon so I guess she knows I wasn't happy.

I'm much happier with them now though.

Wesker - I definitely could have done a better job. Infact i'm contemplating getting a kit and having a go myself while I grow out the damage. On the nails that aren't destroyed underneath, obviously... Laughing
Just remember that you only need a really high grit file, and that you only go over an area once Embarassed

I honestly don't know how you suffered the soak off, especially on the more tender nails - it must've been like getting nail polish remover in a cut Shocked
Linzi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:37 am

It took almost 2 hours to get them off with soaking, scraping, soaking, scraping etc - so I had no issue paying for that really. I gave the girl some extra money on top of the £50 too just because it was a nightmare for her to do and she's rescued them well and when she was redoing them she was really careful avoiding the sore nails. She deserved a drink or two on me after that I think Laughing

The soaking off was awful. I was almost in tears every time I had to keep putting my fingers back in. Around my nails are covered in cuts and grazes too from the first girls filing so you can imagine what it was like Shocked

They're not perfect now (white tips are a bit big but she had no choice), but compared to how they were I think she did brilliantly. I'm planning to polish over them tomorrow anyway so the whites aren't an issue. Look at all the cuts and grazes from yesterday Sad but 100000 times better, right? Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:58 am

That just looks a million times better. I was trying to compare before and after, but made this to make it easier.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:20 am

To be fair if it looked as bad after paying all that money i'd probably be locked up tonight Laughing Laughing
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CornishMaid on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:45 am

Oh they look so much better. Glad you got them sorted, well worth the money imo. I hope the cuts and grazes to your fingers heal quickly. Hope your chat with her tomorrow makes her realise the damage she has done!

CornishMaid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:59 am

You poor thing xoxo, what an ordeal you've had. I definitely think you ought to make the girl that did it aware of the discomfort and distress she's caused you. I hope the pain is better now and that the sore skin on your fingers heals quickly. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Out of interest, whereabouts in Devon are you? I went to Exeter University and my other half is from Devon.
Babafette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:45 am

I'm so glad you got them sorted - you are quite brave though, every bit of the description made me wince - I think I might have just worn latex gloves full of vaseline for a fortnight!

HanSpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:32 am

Haha you wouldn't think I was brave if you'd heard my screaming and moaning on weds while she was doing it!

At least it's confirmed I'll have no issues with a natural child birth one day Wink haha!

Babafette, I'm from one if the small towns between Exeter and Plymouth. Nearer to Plymouth than Exeter though. Where's your OH from?
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:00 am

xoxo wrote:Haha you wouldn't think I was brave if you'd heard my screaming and moaning on weds while she was doing it!

At least it's confirmed I'll have no issues with a natural child birth one day Wink haha!

LOL.

HanSpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzi on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Your poor little fingers!

A least the look a million times better now - hopefully your first girl will end up as good as that! Good luck when you chat to her today Smile
Linzi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:00 am

xoxo wrote:Babafette, I'm from one if the small towns between Exeter and Plymouth. Nearer to Plymouth than Exeter though. Where's your OH from?
He was born in Newton Abbot and grew up in Teignmouth. We split our time half and half now between London and East Devon.

I hope your fingers are feeling better today!
Babafette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top