Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to buy a pressie - help!

4 posters

Go down

Need to buy a pressie - help! Empty Need to buy a pressie - help!

Post  Muffy Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:36 am

I asked my soon-to-be sister-in-law what she would like for Christmas today and she said an iridescent polish. She means one that she can apply over a French manicure to give a little colour. But I don't really have any of these as I prefer opaque colours, and the few I do have are discontinued/random brands.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Preferably available in Boots, Superdrug or easily available online. I don't ever wear a French manicure so I don't know where to start with this one. affraid

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Need to buy a pressie - help! Empty Re: Need to buy a pressie - help!

Post  Sam Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:54 am

The only one I have that's anything like that is OPI I Juggle...Men. It's a very very subtle irridescent shimmer.
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  StripyJules Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:04 am

Yes, I Juggle Men is good, a sort of blue/silver shimmer.

Essie Kisses'n'Bises is a sort of iridescent pink made for layering, or if she wants something chunkier Andrea Fullerton's Gemstone Topcoat which is more a sort of flaky holo effect.
StripyJules
StripyJules

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 am

Sam wrote:The only one I have that's anything like that is OPI I Juggle...Men. It's a very very subtle irridescent shimmer.

This one is cheaper on fragrancedirect.com at the mo, think £5.99 plus shipping.
I have a no 7 one but not sure if it's still available in their range- I tend to gloss over colours I already have when I look.
True2u I think it's called in superdrug have some like your description £1.99 or 3 for £5 I think.
Barry m has some I, I have a green one and a blue one not sure about pink though.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:10 am

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Smile

Sam wrote:The only one I have that's anything like that is OPI I Juggle...Men. It's a very very subtle irridescent shimmer.
I think that might be too glittery, but I may buy it for myself. Wink I have one similar from MeMeMe in violet and it's beautiful.

StripyJules wrote:Yes, I Juggle Men is good, a sort of blue/silver shimmer.

Essie Kisses'n'Bises is a sort of iridescent pink made for layering, or if she wants something chunkier Andrea Fullerton's Gemstone Topcoat which is more a sort of flaky holo effect.
Ah, that Essie one is the type of polish I think she means. Though I'm not sure the colour would work on top of pink.

Jasmina wrote:This one is cheaper on fragrancedirect.com at the mo, think £5.99 plus shipping.
I have a no 7 one but not sure if it's still available in their range- I tend to gloss over colours I already have when I look.
True2u I think it's called in superdrug have some like your description £1.99 or 3 for £5 I think.
Barry m has some I, I have a green one and a blue one not sure about pink though.
Ooh, I will look at 2True and Barry M when I'm next in town.

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down