Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International postage from the US

+10
Sarah
LoolaBeanbag
Sally Magpie
Babafette
Sam
RainbowNails
Wesker
polishedpurple
Jasmina
shoppingaddict
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

International postage from the US Empty International postage from the US

Post  shoppingaddict Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:55 pm

So I've heard for a while that postage from the states to here is going up quite dramatically. Didn't think much of it until they started posting there rates!!! It's going to horrible to ship in polishes now and I'm going to try and squeeze a few orders in before it goes up.

I think Sally's is going to be needed more than ever now!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

International postage from the US Empty Re: International postage from the US

Post  Jasmina Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks for the warning, won't be worth it if you don't save much money.
I just bought an opi liquid sands and china glaze safari collection, I was waiting for some reason but don't want to pay loads more for postage. Nearly £12 with shipping but the 1 opi would have cost that alone in the UK.

The combined shipping cost seems really steep, not weight limited but item restricted.
Ordered the 4 bottle mini set from Amazon as it was free postage, it will probably go on buyapowa soon though.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  polishedpurple Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:05 am

Hello ladies, have you a link for the increases? That's a real shame. Sad
polishedpurple
polishedpurple

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 am

polishedpurple wrote:Hello ladies, have you a link for the increases? That's a real shame. Sad

It seems to vary between suppliers at the moment. Some seem to be swallowing the increases, others don't.... What with the Royal Mail issues and now postage, not quite sure what will happen!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:52 am

I'd rather let someone else take the risk and import them, then buy from a UK supplier Neutral
I'm a chicken Razz
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  polishedpurple Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 am

Was really happy with one ebayer I just used. They are obviously used to shipping to the uk as polish was listed as nail cream at $2 on the front. Amazon sellers mostly charge $15 per shipment I noticed, and $5 per additional item...little steep. Not sure how much I'll risk wesker, all bar the one I just mentioned had charges. Hoping my glitzology won't now. Was only £12 but the goods are worth £24 due to 50% code so not sure what the lady will put on the form.
polishedpurple
polishedpurple

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:11 am

Mine hast shipped yet, hope when she does ship it, it gets here safely!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  RainbowNails Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:15 am

Is this a new thing. I have always bought my OPI and China glaze from ebay as it used to work out so much cheaper then here even with p and p
RainbowNails
RainbowNails

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:23 am

So some eBay sellers have updated their postage rates. To get in 2 of the Mariah opi's in from the states including postage will be £18.50 odd, to order from nail polish direct it will be £14.30!

So although the polish itself is cheaper in the US, it appears that postage will actually be a killer!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:27 am

I'm really worried about my Glitzology and eBay orders I did in the week before I knew about this. Waiting game to see if I get them or not. Hate to think they will be destroyed in the UK, I'm crossing my fingers it will be all ok as its 3 separate sellers rather than one big purchase. Do you think I will be covered by PayPal ?

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 am

Jasmina wrote:I'm really worried about my Glitzology and eBay orders I did in the week before I knew about this. Waiting game to see if I get them or not. Hate to think they will be destroyed in the UK, I'm crossing my fingers it will be all ok as its 3 separate sellers rather than one big purchase. Do you think I will be covered by PayPal ?

I'm quite worried about my glitz, dollish and essence orders right now. REALLY worried. Fingers crossed when they get here they'll be ok as you are allowed to post polish WITHIN the UK. It's just getting them that far!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:41 am

shoppingaddict wrote:
Jasmina wrote:I'm really worried about my Glitzology and eBay orders I did in the week before I knew about this. Waiting game to see if I get them or not. Hate to think they will be destroyed in the UK, I'm crossing my fingers it will be all ok as its 3 separate sellers rather than one big purchase. Do you think I will be covered by PayPal ?

I'm quite worried about my glitz, dollish and essence orders right now. REALLY worried. Fingers crossed when they get here they'll be ok as you are allowed to post polish WITHIN the UK. It's just getting them that far!

Fingers crossed for your orders too.
I've never had a problem before, sellers have always avoided mentioning it's nail polish. I feel it's their responsibility to send it with an approved courier but I may have misunderstood the changes. I thought it was ok if it didnt go standard air mail.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  polishedpurple Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:21 am

I've had 3 in the last week with nail polish plastered all over them and they've been fine. When did it all change? Can't find any info Sad
polishedpurple
polishedpurple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 am

I think if someone's selling you something from abroad, then it's their responsibility to ship it to you properly. It's not good enough for them to try to send it illegally and hope it slips through unnoticed, so if anyone does end up with any packages destroyed, you should definitely demand a refund.
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 am

I really don't get what the problem is with posting nail polish? Shocked Royal Mail seem to class it as a dangerous substance on a par with controlled drugs, explosives and radioactive material. It's only bloody nail polish for god sake.........am I missing something here?!? Suspect
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 am

Cause it's flammable I suppose?!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  polishedpurple Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:15 am

Haha! The bloke at the collection office was chatting with me about which nail polish I wanted to keep when I was paying my customs fees, the one from California or the one from Florida, he didn't seem bothered. He then tried to convince me I should tell my sellers to lie about the value so I don't get charged Very Happy All my uk orders have had stickers with return addresses as well that state they sell polish. Weird isn't it as it is on the prohibited items list Smile I'm also really unsure why! So many online stores sell it, so imagine it's hard to keep control of? It is flammable but I know people who have imported lighters before, surely that's more risky?
polishedpurple
polishedpurple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Its flammable, but they are treating like its anthrax
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:21 am

polishedpurple wrote:Haha! The bloke at the collection office was chatting with me about which nail polish I wanted to keep when I was paying my customs fees, the one from California or the one from Florida, he didn't seem bothered. He then tried to convince me I should tell my sellers to lie about the value so I don't get charged Very Happy All my uk orders have had stickers with return addresses as well that state they sell polish. Weird isn't it as it is on the prohibited items list Smile I'm also really unsure why! So many online stores sell it, so imagine it's hard to keep control of? It is flammable but I know people who have imported lighters before, surely that's more risky?

I imported a kid (mine!). Seriously, no passport at UK border control in Calais. He doesen't even look like one of our family, 7 dark haired family members and a little ginger kid clear as day in the car. LaughingLaughingLaughing
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:50 am

shoppingaddict wrote:

If you paid by paypal don't worry, you'll be able to get your money back if they don't turn up Wink
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 am

Yeah, that's why I always pay with PayPal. Just having to wait isn't a strong point of mine!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:30 am

Someone should make a petition about it.

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  polishedpurple Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
polishedpurple wrote:Haha! The bloke at the collection office was chatting with me about which nail polish I wanted to keep when I was paying my customs fees, the one from California or the one from Florida, he didn't seem bothered. He then tried to convince me I should tell my sellers to lie about the value so I don't get charged Very Happy All my uk orders have had stickers with return addresses as well that state they sell polish. Weird isn't it as it is on the prohibited items list Smile I'm also really unsure why! So many online stores sell it, so imagine it's hard to keep control of? It is flammable but I know people who have imported lighters before, surely that's more risky?

I imported a kid (mine!). Seriously, no passport at UK border control in Calais. He doesen't even look like one of our family, 7 dark haired family members and a little ginger kid clear as day in the car. LaughingLaughingLaughing

PMSL! Had to re-read that to make sense of it (it's Monday!) that's incredible! But to be honest, believable!! Are we petitioning price increases or have they put new legislation in to crack down on post containing substances they dislike carrying as well?
polishedpurple
polishedpurple

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:06 am

Think I have resigned myself to the fact I won't receive my Glitzology order. Checked her etsy page again and she clearly states she fills in the customs forms honestly with description of what is contained. It's clearly going to say nail polish and how many bottles. Never had to open a dispute with Paypal.

Hoping my other 2 orders get through though, eBay sellers seem to be savvy.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  polishedpurple Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:14 am

If it helps Jasmina, my indie polish order from cult came through fine with nail polish on it last week. Had customs but I got it. She has posted it hasn't she? Shocked
polishedpurple
polishedpurple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next