Introduction

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  theotortoise on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi, I'm Gemma, I live in Derbyshire with my dog Tilly and tortoise Kosmo. Although I've always liked nail polish it only became an obsession this year when I accidentally found nail blogs. I've not recently counted but I know I have at least 200 bottles Embarassed

I run an etsy shop and am just about to start selling nail polish jewellery. I've been selling it at craft fairs and it's been well received. I'm just a bit pants at photography and taking pics of glass without getting my ugly mug in it is hard Neutral
avatar
theotortoise

Posts : 48
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 36
Location : Derbyshire

View user profile http://www.booteeq.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Dragonette on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:34 pm

HanSpan wrote:Hi I'm Hannah - I'm HanSpan on MSE.
I'm 46 and was working in IT for the Met until I got signed off ick a while ago - who knows where or waht I will go back to!

I was into nail polish a very very long time ago but stopped bothering and just kept them filed short for work - I can't type with long nails! But I've rediscovered the pleasure of having groovy colours (I'm not a pink and sparkly girl - greens and blues and odd things for me). Also how much nail polish technology has come on since I last bothered - there's so much more to have fun with! Unfortunately I'm a bit of a clutz so I am only very slowly getting to grips with doing anything more interesting than just a plain colour, maybe with an interesting top coat.

I'm a bit of a luddite so will no doubt struggle with this new forum - is there a way to get it to send me emails when someone posts?

Go to your profile and select the second tag along ("preferences"). Scroll down and select the option to receive emails Smile HTH
avatar
Dragonette

Posts : 32
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  HanSpan on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Dragonette wrote:
HanSpan wrote:Hi I'm Hannah - I'm HanSpan on MSE.
I'm 46 and was working in IT for the Met until I got signed off ick a while ago - who knows where or waht I will go back to!

I was into nail polish a very very long time ago but stopped bothering and just kept them filed short for work - I can't type with long nails! But I've rediscovered the pleasure of having groovy colours (I'm not a pink and sparkly girl - greens and blues and odd things for me). Also how much nail polish technology has come on since I last bothered - there's so much more to have fun with! Unfortunately I'm a bit of a clutz so I am only very slowly getting to grips with doing anything more interesting than just a plain colour, maybe with an interesting top coat.

I'm a bit of a luddite so will no doubt struggle with this new forum - is there a way to get it to send me emails when someone posts?

Go to your profile and select the second tag along ("preferences"). Scroll down and select the option to receive emails Smile HTH

thanks!

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  starrystarry on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 am

theotortoise wrote:Hi, I'm Gemma, I live in Derbyshire with my dog Tilly and tortoise Kosmo. Although I've always liked nail polish it only became an obsession this year when I accidentally found nail blogs. I've not recently counted but I know I have at least 200 bottles Embarassed

I run an etsy shop and am just about to start selling nail polish jewellery. I've been selling it at craft fairs and it's been well received. I'm just a bit pants at photography and taking pics of glass without getting my ugly mug in it is hard Neutral

I make nail polish jewellery as well, would love to see some pics of yours (so I can nick all your ideas pirat )
avatar
starrystarry

Posts : 1179
Thanks : 85
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Peony on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:02 am

The more pics the better as far as I'm concerned alien

Welcone to all the lurker too - glad you made the jump.

Peony

Posts : 158
Thanks : 6
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Middlesbrough

View user profile http://1008hollywalkpark.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  starrystarry on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 am

I'm amazed that there were so many lurkers on that thread.
avatar
starrystarry

Posts : 1179
Thanks : 85
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  amybirks on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:22 am

Huzzah.

I'm here. Being laptop less atm its taken my five hundred and seventy attemts at the silly spam filter to register.

Right... to find my way around....

amybirks

Posts : 7
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 36

View user profile http://www.pinkandtwinkly.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Becca on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:26 am

Doesn't surprise me about lurkers, and as not seen before people on here now. That thread is massive, it's full of a lot of information, and can be really overwhelming for new people, cus obviously people know each other for a bit. I daily digested on it stealing all your ideas for quite some time, before I felt comfortable in posting myself. I feel more comfortable posting here than the thread on top now.

But with a nice shiny forum, it's about starting from scratch again, and because it's a forum, not a thread things will be far more organised to view and read. I love this!

Just gotta make sure we keep the mse thread updated with the url to here Very Happy (as it is currently)
avatar
Becca

Posts : 63
Thanks : 2
Join date : 2012-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  shoppingaddict on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:50 am

amybirks wrote:Huzzah.

I'm here. Being laptop less atm its taken my five hundred and seventy attemts at the silly spam filter to register.

Right... to find my way around....

I had the same problem!
avatar
shoppingaddict

Posts : 4131
Thanks : 83
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 35
Location : Suffolk

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  starrystarry on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:51 am

That's a shame, if anyone felt intimidated by the other thread. If there are any more lurkers out there...please say hello...we'd love to hear from you. It's not a members only club, everyone's welcome.
avatar
starrystarry

Posts : 1179
Thanks : 85
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  shoppingaddict on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:52 am

Becca wrote:Doesn't surprise me about lurkers, and as not seen before people on here now. That thread is massive, it's full of a lot of information, and can be really overwhelming for new people, cus obviously people know each other for a bit. I daily digested on it stealing all your ideas for quite some time, before I felt comfortable in posting myself. I feel more comfortable posting here than the thread on top now.

But with a nice shiny forum, it's about starting from scratch again, and because it's a forum, not a thread things will be far more organised to view and read. I love this!

Just gotta make sure we keep the mse thread updated with the url to here Very Happy (as it is currently)

I've also noticed lots of guests here (on the home page) so I reckon we'll get some more MSE lurkers come through soon!

If you're reading, join up! cheers
avatar
shoppingaddict

Posts : 4131
Thanks : 83
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 35
Location : Suffolk

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  shoppingaddict on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:53 am

starrystarry wrote:That's a shame, if anyone felt intimidated by the other thread. If there are any more lurkers out there...please say hello...we'd love to hear from you. It's not a members only club, everyone's welcome.

Great minds! Lol Wink
avatar
shoppingaddict

Posts : 4131
Thanks : 83
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 35
Location : Suffolk

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Sally Magpie on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Well after all this I think I am the only one who hasn't introduced herself.

My name is Sally, I am 36 years old, married, step monster to two lovely children and very proud mummy of a cockapoodle puppy called Dobby who I adore more than I do polish. ( hard to beleive I know)

avatar
Sally Magpie

Posts : 2554
Thanks : 107
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 41
Location : Walsall

View user profile http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Jasmina on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:01 am

.


Last edited by Jasmina on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Jasmina

Posts : 1713
Thanks : 53
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Sally Magpie on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:21 am

Really nice to see you hear Jasmina. Is it wrong it really pleases me when a past lurker decides we are nice enough to join. I have a bit of joy in my heart.
avatar
Sally Magpie

Posts : 2554
Thanks : 107
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 41
Location : Walsall

View user profile http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  shoppingaddict on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:19 am

Jasmina wrote:Hello everyone
Longtime lurker from the nail polish addicts thread, I didn't sign up to the old website but wanted to give this one a try.
I have always loved nail polish but my addiction really grew this time last year when I went for an OPI manicure birthday treat at a local salon. I have over 200 polishes and treatments at present and more on the way.

Hi Jasmina! Welcome, glad you've joined us, the more the merrier!!!
avatar
shoppingaddict

Posts : 4131
Thanks : 83
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 35
Location : Suffolk

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Sarah on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:49 am

Lovely to see the lurkers feeling like they can join in xx
avatar
Sarah

Posts : 1247
Thanks : 31
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 30
Location : Devon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  amybirks on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:20 am

Sorry Ladies

I haven't introduced myself either

I'm Amy - amyb on MSE (i'm not very imaginative)
I'm 31 and live in Eastleigh Hampshire , with my boyfriend and two budgies. I work very very long hours as an Ops Manager for a Train Operating Company.

Been polish mad since giving up on acrylics (after 12 years continuos) and my obsession has grown since then and i think i'm not approaching 400.

Other than nail polish my other money drain is Yankee Candles - i have over 100 jars plus boxes of samples and tarts.

Think thats me?

amybirks

Posts : 7
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 36

View user profile http://www.pinkandtwinkly.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Sarah on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 am

amybirks wrote:
Other than nail polish my other money drain is Yankee Candles - i have over 100 jars plus boxes of samples and tarts.

Your house must smell amazing Shocked
avatar
Sarah

Posts : 1247
Thanks : 31
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 30
Location : Devon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  RainbowNails on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:29 am

Hello I am another lurker from the MSE thread.

I have about 250 polishes and I store them all in a helmer. My fullest drawer is my glitter drawer.

I am currently wearing the original Gosh Holo on my finger nails and W7 mosaic on my toes.

avatar
RainbowNails

Posts : 234
Thanks : 14
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Bex on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 am

Hi everyone, another lurker here! I've been reading the old thread since it started but had to sign up here to be able to see the pics (I think).

I'm Becky, 26 and a manager for a financial services company. I've always loved painting my nails but am not very artistic, it's amazing seeing what some of you can do Very Happy

Bex

Posts : 1
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Elisebutt65 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:35 am

Hello. I kept my same name as MSE (Briar Rose on FB)
About me: 40(ahem) something single(but soon to be a mrs)mum to 2 boys 12 & 17. Full time teacher/learning mentor. Love doing nails and beauty stuff with a wee little blog[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Currently thinking about doing a part time evening course in nail tech but the cost is a bit off putting.

Elisebutt65

Posts : 18
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  sawan82 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi, I'm Saira (sawan82 from MSE as well!!)

Full-time worker, and nail polish addict as most of you know Smile Unfortunately I just don't have enough hours in the day, so not been on MSE. But will hopefully be able to pop on here more frequently Smile

sawan82

Posts : 1
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  starrystarry on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:47 pm

sawan82 wrote:Hi, I'm Saira (sawan82 from MSE as well!!)

Full-time worker, and nail polish addict as most of you know Smile Unfortunately I just don't have enough hours in the day, so not been on MSE. But will hopefully be able to pop on here more frequently Smile

Ah, our founder! I'm glad you've found your way over here, we wouldn't have got together without you x


avatar
starrystarry

Posts : 1179
Thanks : 85
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Introduction

Post  Jude S on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:10 am

Hi all,
I am Jude, a fourty something teacher. I have been a long term nail destroyer who was reformed by friends buying me a manicure! I now have lots of cheap and cheerful nail polishes that I enjoy experimenting with. Current favourites are the new shades of Barry M magnetic and I did treat myself to an Opi spotted but I haven't tried it yet. Very Happy

Jude S

Posts : 1
Thanks : 0
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum