Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This morning ...

+2
mrsmoore2b
Jasmina
6 posters

Go down

This morning ... Empty This morning ...

Post  Jasmina Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 pm

... My son decided to put my work phone in the toilet!
Silly me flushed the toilet before I realised what he had done, at first it turned on and now it's just a white screen.
I may have buggered up my spare phone on a different network testing if the sim still worked and had to do a very embarrassing call to my boss to confess and order a new one.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

This morning ... Empty Re: This morning ...

Post  mrsmoore2b Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Oh no! Hope your boss wasn't too arsy with you x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:46 pm

mrsmoore2b wrote:Oh no! Hope your boss wasn't too arsy with you x

He found it hilarious, then wondered why I was so desperate to get it sorted. I told him I was mortified he would have to order another and he didn't care. Apparently these things happen and it brightened his morning.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:35 am

Sounds like your son had the right idea about where work phones should go cheers
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:58 am

ninjajane wrote:Sounds like your son had the right idea about where work phones should go cheers

Better than my personal one that's for sure.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  TarasTalons Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:22 am

I don't know if it's too late for this to work now but if you take the phone apart as much as possible (taking off the back and battery if possible) and put it in a bag of dry rice, it dries the phone out and 'fixes' it. I don't know how quickly you have to do it though

TarasTalons

http://Tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:40 pm

TarasTalons wrote:I don't know if it's too late for this to work now but if you take the phone apart as much as possible (taking off the back and battery if possible) and put it in a bag of dry rice, it dries the phone out and 'fixes' it. I don't know how quickly you have to do it though

I tried that and it turns on but the screen is all slanted. It seems pretty useable, probably because I panicked and turned it the minute it happened. Not sure if it's because it's a cheapy budget model phone or because of how much water damaged it- I have no way to know how long it was in the toilet for, I didn't noticed it when I fished the "other items" out.

Thank you for the tips though.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:04 am

I once fell in the sea with my phone in my pocket...needless to say, I had to buy a new one. I also had my friends phone in my other pocket. Oops.
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 am

If it ever happens again,don't press any buttons on the phone as this short circuits it,as I discovered last year when my 3 week old Samsung decided to jump out of my pocket and dive into the toilet Embarassed . Take it apart dry it etc and only when it's dry try the buttons.
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:12 pm

SueD wrote:If it ever happens again,don't press any buttons on the phone as this short circuits it,as I discovered last year when my 3 week old Samsung decided to jump out of my pocket and dive into the toilet Embarassed . Take it apart dry it etc and only when it's dry try the buttons.

Thankyou I will bear it in mind if he ever decides to do it again. The sim still works, someone had a spare at work.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down