What to wear to a wedding!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  Laura on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:54 am

I can't be bothered to find it in my wardrobe, but I think it's this one!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  shoppingaddict on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:59 am

I like that!
avatar
shoppingaddict

Posts : 4131
Thanks : 83
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 34
Location : Suffolk

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  ninjablossom on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 pm

I like that, gorgeous purple!
avatar
ninjablossom

Posts : 1246
Thanks : 57
Join date : 2013-02-16
Age : 103
Location : Surrey

View user profile http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  HanSpan on Wed May 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Pretty purple - but I like the red one - I'd wear that with a huge red & black hat to match.
But then one of my favourite things about a wedding is I get to wear a mad hat - the green chicken one is my fave of all time. I haven't got a scarlet wedding hat or I'd offer to lend you one.

I reckon if you wear a huge wedding hat (a) - no one really notices what else you are wearing and (b) regardless of the colour of your clothes you cannot be mistaken for a bride or prostitute! Although I guess if you wore all black & a huge black hat you might be mistaken for a funeral goer. Which is my next dilemma - what to wear to a funeral.

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  Laura on Wed May 01, 2013 10:21 pm

I don't do hats haha Smile we do have a hat hire shop here but the son of the woman who owns it was a total c*nt to me, so I refuse to give her business.
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  HanSpan on Wed May 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Laura wrote:I don't do hats haha Smile we do have a hat hire shop here but the son of the woman who owns it was a total c*nt to me, so I refuse to give her business.

Charity Shops or dress exchange shops are the best as many people buy wedding hats, wear them once, then get rid of them.
Ususally much cheaper than a hat hire shop! And although loads of people say they don't do hats - you just ahve to find the right shape and they are very flattering. I only suit turned down brims on reasonably large hats - anything else looks like a plant pot.

Anyone who lives in or near Colchester there's the fabbiest shop ever at the end of Crouch St farthest from the high st. Upstairs she has more hats and fascinators than I have ever seen anywhere before, plus loads of interesting second hand clothes in the most higgledypiggledy packed out place you've ever seen. I love it!

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  Laura on Wed May 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Smile I have got a fascinator type thing which is just a headband with some big black flowers on it. I could wear that, but I don't often feel confident enough! I always think I look a pillock in it!
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  HanSpan on Wed May 01, 2013 10:37 pm

Laura wrote:Smile I have got a fascinator type thing which is just a headband with some big black flowers on it. I could wear that, but I don't often feel confident enough! I always think I look a pillock in it!

I'm not so much a fan of fascinators as I KNOW I look a pillock in them.
Put it on and take a picture and post it. I promise to be honest.

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  Laura on Wed May 01, 2013 10:42 pm

I would have to find it first in my pigsty bedroom Embarassed
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  HanSpan on Wed May 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Laura wrote:I would have to find it first in my pigsty bedroom Embarassed

Go visit my Dad instead and try on all my hats hidden there. Unlike the pigsty here (much worse than yours I'm sure) the bits I have stored at his are in order.

I have a purple hat - very dark, medium large, feather. Its lovely. bought in some weird warehouse shop in Scotland the day before a wedding. Might go with the purple dress.
Actually I've probably got a hat that would go with most things except I don't have scarlet so that has become my mission. Actually I lied - I DO have a red hat but its felt rather than straw so might be a bit hot/heavy for a May wedding. Cost about £3 in Oxfam!

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  Babafette on Wed May 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Just another quick suggestion as I don't really know what your figure is like, but when I last went to a wedding I wore this Phase 8 dress with a little dusky pink bolero and a matching pink fascinator and clutch bag.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some of the Phase 8 dresses are absolutely beautiful; fifties style, very well made and quite flattering on curvy women. They're usually over £100, but you can get them relatively cheap on eBay if you don't mind wearing second hand. Smile
avatar
Babafette

Posts : 3414
Thanks : 127
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 42
Location : London/Devon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  HanSpan on Wed May 01, 2013 11:04 pm

That's georgeous! If I was ever willing to show my legs I'd wear it!

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  shoppingaddict on Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm

HanSpan wrote:
Laura wrote:I don't do hats haha Smile we do have a hat hire shop here but the son of the woman who owns it was a total c*nt to me, so I refuse to give her business.

Charity Shops or dress exchange shops are the best as many people buy wedding hats, wear them once, then get rid of them.
Ususally much cheaper than a hat hire shop! And although loads of people say they don't do hats - you just ahve to find the right shape and they are very flattering. I only suit turned down brims on reasonably large hats - anything else looks like a plant pot.

Anyone who lives in or near Colchester there's the fabbiest shop ever at the end of Crouch St farthest from the high st. Upstairs she has more hats and fascinators than I have ever seen anywhere before, plus loads of interesting second hand clothes in the most higgledypiggledy packed out place you've ever seen. I love it!

I need to know what that shop is called please?!
avatar
shoppingaddict

Posts : 4131
Thanks : 83
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 34
Location : Suffolk

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  Laura on Thu May 02, 2013 1:59 am

Babafette wrote:Just another quick suggestion as I don't really know what your figure is like, but when I last went to a wedding I wore this Phase 8 dress with a little dusky pink bolero and a matching pink fascinator and clutch bag.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some of the Phase 8 dresses are absolutely beautiful; fifties style, very well made and quite flattering on curvy women. They're usually over £100, but you can get them relatively cheap on eBay if you don't mind wearing second hand. Smile

That dress is stunning Babs! I might have to check it out!
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  Babafette on Thu May 02, 2013 3:04 am

Laura wrote:That dress is stunning Babs! I might have to check it out!
Thanks. I bought that particular dress a couple of years ago from the Phase 8 concession in Debenhams, but if you look on eBay you'll see similar designs at a fraction of what they cost new. Smile
avatar
Babafette

Posts : 3414
Thanks : 127
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 42
Location : London/Devon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  LoolaBeanbag on Thu May 02, 2013 3:24 am

I agree, it's a beautiful dress and looks like it be suitable for more than just weddings so could be a really great purchase.
I don't actually own a dress or skirt - and as for shorts....... affraid !!!!!! I
avatar
LoolaBeanbag

Posts : 2742
Thanks : 127
Join date : 2012-10-30
Location : The compost heap in the garden of England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  HanSpan on Fri May 03, 2013 7:54 pm

shoppingaddict wrote:
HanSpan wrote:
Laura wrote:I don't do hats haha Smile we do have a hat hire shop here but the son of the woman who owns it was a total c*nt to me, so I refuse to give her business.

Charity Shops or dress exchange shops are the best as many people buy wedding hats, wear them once, then get rid of them.
Ususally much cheaper than a hat hire shop! And although loads of people say they don't do hats - you just ahve to find the right shape and they are very flattering. I only suit turned down brims on reasonably large hats - anything else looks like a plant pot.

Anyone who lives in or near Colchester there's the fabbiest shop ever at the end of Crouch St farthest from the high st. Upstairs she has more hats and fascinators than I have ever seen anywhere before, plus loads of interesting second hand clothes in the most higgledypiggledy packed out place you've ever seen. I love it!

I need to know what that shop is called please?!

googled it and it must be Margot's from where that is on the map - 101, Crouch Street, CO3 3HA. There's even a phone number on whatever odd site I found - 01206 581673
If you buy anything I want to see pictures!

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  shoppingaddict on Fri May 03, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks Han. I tried to google but I don't know Colchester that well, despite not being that far from it!! I'll see if I can con OH into taking me Monday, if its open!
avatar
shoppingaddict

Posts : 4131
Thanks : 83
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 34
Location : Suffolk

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  HanSpan on Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 pm

shoppingaddict wrote:Thanks Han. I tried to google but I don't know Colchester that well, despite not being that far from it!! I'll see if I can con OH into taking me Monday, if its open!

Definitely easier if you already know vaguely what you are looking for too!

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  shoppingaddict on Fri May 03, 2013 8:55 pm

LOL Yes that too!

There is a nail shop as well in colchester that I tried to get to once before, but it was closed despite being in the middle of the day! Vowed I'd never go back but if I go for that shop, I might as well go to the other!! lol
avatar
shoppingaddict

Posts : 4131
Thanks : 83
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 34
Location : Suffolk

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  HanSpan on Fri May 03, 2013 9:14 pm

shoppingaddict wrote:LOL Yes that too!

There is a nail shop as well in colchester that I tried to get to once before, but it was closed despite being in the middle of the day! Vowed I'd never go back but if I go for that shop, I might as well go to the other!! lol

Ooh yes - on Eld Lane. Its one that I've bought from online a few times - very cheap. They had a huge range of sinful colours when I went before.
Found it - its called NailDelights, altough the online shop shows an address of North Hill. Hmm I think there must be two separate places, so I've no idea what the one on Eld Lane is called.
Oh well - I've always enjoyed Colchester for a mooch round the shops - you'll just have to visit both and report back;)

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  kissmenow9 on Fri May 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Laura wrote:I just don't understand why you would want to kick your own friends or family members out of your wedding service, purely for wearing the wrong colour? It just seems massively trivial to me?!

Not directly at you Kissmenow9 but you hear of it a lot don't you. Personally I wouldn't care as long as everyone is fully clothed Smile

Just seems a bit neurotic to me Embarassed I dunno, I'd just prefer my day to be remembered as a nice occasion, rather than one where people were scared to come in a colour that was "wrong" in case they got chucked out cos Laura's gone mad!

Oh and I can't wear blue because that's the bridesmaids' colour. So that and wtf no green? Shall I just go in my birthday suit? Very Happy

Not offended Smile It's just tradition. It's the same as the flowers - me and my sister can't have calla lillies in our bouquets because they're a funeral flower (my mums side of the family is from south London and is very strict on tradition). Everyone I would invite is either as traditional on wedding etiquette as me or has heard me rant about it often enough Laughing It is a bit ridiculous. It would offend me if someone I knew well - a relative or close friend - turned up in plain black or white. Red I can't give a stuff about, patterned black and white is fine, just not solid black. Or lacy white. Shocked

Basically... these outfits would upset me...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Something like this wouldn't bother me, I'd think it was an odd choice for a wedding but it'd be ok...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But then again, I think non-traditional weddings might just be the worst thing ever Embarassed I dunno why. I think it's the whole 'everything must be perfect' complex I have; I like to have control! Also having bright outfits in the wedding photos would be better, it's a celebration after all!

I think the purple dress is lovely Smile
avatar
kissmenow9

Posts : 408
Thanks : 7
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 27
Location : Bucks

View user profile http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: What to wear to a wedding!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum