Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beauty Joint

+3
Babafette
RainbowNails
Sam
7 posters

Go down

Beauty Joint Empty Beauty Joint

Post  Sam Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Just wondering if anyone's ordered from www.beautyjoint.com ?
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Beauty Joint Empty Re: Beauty Joint

Post  RainbowNails Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:30 am

Yes I have last year when I went to Florida. I ordered from the UK using PayPal I think.and had it delivered to our villa in Florida no problems.

I ordered kleancolor and NYX
RainbowNails
RainbowNails

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:50 am

Just a heads up - I'm having problems with BeautyJoint on eBay at the moment despite being really happy with a previous purchase through Amazon.

I bought 5 NYX Girls polishes from them and was quoted $7.68 on the listing page for shipping by USPS First Class Mail International. However, after purchasing all 5 polishes I received an invoice with shipping costs at about $23.00. I contacted them by email and they then combined the shipping costs but they still want me to pay $13.60 which is nearly double what is quoted on the listing. Mad I emailed again but they're obviously not going to reduce the postage any further.

I've had to pay up as I don't want any negative feedback, but I'll be avoiding them from now on as it hasn't worked out much cheaper than buying from the UK in the end plus I'll have to wait weeks for the parcel to arrive. Crying or Very sad
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 am

Babafette wrote:Just a heads up - I'm having problems with BeautyJoint on eBay at the moment despite being really happy with a previous purchase through Amazon.

I bought 5 NYX Girls polishes from them and was quoted $7.68 on the listing page for shipping by USPS First Class Mail International. However, after purchasing all 5 polishes I received an invoice with shipping costs at about $23.00. I contacted them by email and they then combined the shipping costs but they still want me to pay $13.60 which is nearly double what is quoted on the listing. Mad I emailed again but they're obviously not going to reduce the postage any further.

I've had to pay up as I don't want any negative feedback, but I'll be avoiding them from now on as it hasn't worked out much cheaper than buying from the UK in the end plus I'll have to wait weeks for the parcel to arrive. Crying or Very sad

I thought sellers couldn't leave negative feedback only buyers. I'm sure the buyer isn't allowed to do this and is strongly against the terms and conditions. I know you have paid now but it might be worthwhile contacting eBay about it.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:14 am

Jasmina wrote:I thought sellers couldn't leave negative feedback only buyers. I'm sure the buyer isn't allowed to do this and is strongly against the terms and conditions. I know you have paid now but it might be worthwhile contacting eBay about it.
I figured they might leave me negative feedback by saying I didn't pay them. Do you mean I should contact eBay about the fact that the postage is not as advertised? Question
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:38 am

Babafette wrote:
Jasmina wrote:I thought sellers couldn't leave negative feedback only buyers. I'm sure the buyer isn't allowed to do this and is strongly against the terms and conditions. I know you have paid now but it might be worthwhile contacting eBay about it.
I figured they might leave me negative feedback by saying I didn't pay them. Do you mean I should contact eBay about the fact that the postage is not as advertised? Question

I think as the buyer you could have that removed, it changed ages ago and I know it put a lot of people of selling on eBay as they werent protected from bad buyers and couldn't leave negative anymore.

Definitely contact them about the postage, do you have a copy of the listing? They have to send it at the price listed. The only thing I can think of is they don't actually offer combined postage but mislead customers. Was the first invoice with combined postage divisible by the number of polishes you bought? Some sellers refuse to combine postage but send the items in the same parcel!

You can rate their postage feedback, give it the lowest rating.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 am

Jasmina wrote:Definitely contact them about the postage, do you have a copy of the listing? They have to send it at the price listed. The only thing I can think of is they don't actually offer combined postage but mislead customers. Was the first invoice with combined postage divisible by the number of polishes you bought? Some sellers refuse to combine postage but send the items in the same parcel!
This is one of the listings: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NYX-Girls-Nail-Polish-NX-NGP209-Dorothy-/121005690583

If you scroll down to the shipping section you can see that they say they combine shipping. Also if you click on the 'see details' link next to postage at the top of the listing it takes you to another section where you can select the quantity of items and the shipping destination. This is where I got the $7.68 figure from. I assume the seller adds these postage costs which is why I'm annoyed that they're charging me so much more.

I hope I've explained that OK - I've got a cold at the moment and can't seem to think straight! Neutral
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:49 am

Personally I would take a screen print and email it to eBay with the invoice.
Seems like they are really trying it out.
Thanks for the warning though- I definitely wouldn't use them now for multiple nail polish orders, possibly wouldn't try for 1 bottle.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 am

I'm afraid there's little point emailing eBay unless you want a generic answer that doesn't offer any assistance at all.

It is impossible for a seller to leave a buyer negative feedback, but as you've paid the increased amount there is an option to report the seller for charging more than the advertised postage. Click on the 'report item' tab at the bottom of the page and the options will lead you to the right route of complaint. Again, I'm aftraid it's fairly futile as nothing will come of it I'm afraid.

I'd open a case against the seller and escalate immediately to a claim (as you've already made contact to no avail), that seems the only way with a glimmer of hope - the vast majority of claims favour the buyer (I've sold quite a few things and have had the mickey taken by buyers!) so it's worth a shot.

At very worst you've lost them a few customers, I'll not be using them now, so thank you for your warning.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Must admit I agree you should raise a paypal claim if you can. Even if it just ruffles a few feathers. Does anyone have any objections to me changing the title of the thread to their actual ebay user name? Then it may show in search engines if people are looking for reviews?
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 pm

No objections, sounds like a good idea.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:44 pm

Just because I'm annoying like that, I probably wouldn't have paid until they responded to my query asking why they weren't charging the postage advertised.

Ebay won't be any help at all. I once ordered a car part off a personal seller. He charged me £10 next day delivery. It arrived 3 days later and cost him £5. He said that that it cost him £10 when I bought it originally to post and therefore passed that on!!! This was unfortunately before the days of DSR's so I couldn't sting him on that. I asked Ebay about it and they said tough.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:11 am

They did respond to my message but they didn't actually answer my question about the price difference or provide an explanation. See below:

'We've already sent you the combined shipping invoice for your purchases. If you are buying from U.S. eBay site, instead of making individual purchases, you can add all the items into your Shopping Cart before you commit to buy. This way, you can see the combined shipping discounts prices. You can also add, delete or modify any items and once satisfied, then confirm your purchase.'

Not exactly very helpful. Suspect
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:12 am

Oh I see...........

And they haven't responded further?!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:17 am

No, the first time they just forwarded through the invoice with combined shipping on it. When I quibbled over why the shipping was higher than advertised on the listing they just sent me the response I posted above. Neutral
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:21 am

Sods aren't they!!!!

Not sure what else to suggest!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down