On this day, the 7th May 2013...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Laura on Wed May 08, 2013 3:15 am

I have FINALLY, successfully, stamped my nails! LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm so chuffed that I've finally got the hang of it that I want to show everyone haha. OK so it's not amazing, but surely I can only get better from here?

Now, few questions:

1) I only have KONAD M57 plate, can you get plates with bigger images on them (wide nails) and where from?

2) What polishes are good for stamping? I used the Barry M foils over the Gellys for this

Thanks Very Happy
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  martinsgirl on Wed May 08, 2013 4:38 am

The darker Gellys are really good for stamping with!

Well done, your nails look lovely! Smile
avatar
martinsgirl

Posts : 131
Thanks : 20
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  shoppingaddict on Wed May 08, 2013 4:49 am

Well done you! I'll never get the hang of it.......
avatar
shoppingaddict

Posts : 4131
Thanks : 83
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 34
Location : Suffolk

View user profile http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Geordie Nails on Wed May 08, 2013 5:23 am

I LOVE your colour combo! The plates I have with wider images than Konad are by Cheeky, Nailz Craze and the Bundle Monster 300 set but I think there are lots more, any other recommendations?
avatar
Geordie Nails

Posts : 617
Thanks : 73
Join date : 2013-05-03
Location : NE England

View user profile http://geordienails.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Laura on Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 am

Honestly I have been pissing around with KONAD for months now but today it just clicked?!

So far I have decided that the Barry M Foils (including the chameleons) are excellent Smile
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  ninjablossom on Wed May 08, 2013 8:26 am

thats really pretty!

Are you sure you want to wander into the dark side of stamping? seriously I'm not even a huge stamper and find myself googling plates and images I've seen on blogs and accidentally ordering them Sad

...there is the Summer Cheeky plates 2012, the new 2013 cheeky summer big plates, bundle monster, Dashica, DRK, Nail Craze, Nailways and soooo many the US stampers talk about that you can't get easily over here. Some of the older plates like the green boxed cheeky set have the small plates and images, I just got some individual early bundle monster ones and they are soooo tiny compared to the new ones.

I find color clubs excellent for stamping with and I really like stamping with Barry M Lychee. I stamped Lychee over Thats shore bright last week and was surprised how many comments I got, so it was noticeable and I like it if you don't want stark white. Nails inc are not bad stampers either, basically if its opaque and pigmented it should work.

And apparently you need a double ended stamper, the big end for whole images and the small end for individual images. I'm awaiting delivery of mine, as I have loads of trouble with individual images...
avatar
ninjablossom

Posts : 1246
Thanks : 57
Join date : 2013-02-16
Age : 103
Location : Surrey

View user profile http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  HanSpan on Wed May 08, 2013 9:33 am

I got a few decent plates from somewhere I can't now remember in the US - they were hexagonal and one had a bit spider web in the middle. So sorry to be so unhelpful!
But by far the best I have are the Lealac plates from Llarowe. I have both A and B and the stamps are huuuuge and very crisp.

I'm still strugling with the idea of getting anything vaguely straight or lined up so I'm enjoying all the random patterns best.

Barry M Silver foil was the polish of my best stamp to date.

And yours look pretty fab!

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  starrystarry on Wed May 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Laura they're fab! I've not got a leopard print stamp, I want one now. I've struggled with getting images big enough for my nails but I've cracked it now with the Lealac B plate from Llarowe. As HanSpan said, the images are huge. I want the DRK A plate as well but it's hard to get.
avatar
starrystarry

Posts : 1179
Thanks : 85
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Sally Magpie on Wed May 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Best plates I have every known DRK A/B/C from Ninjapolish. They are immense.

Other than this the cheeky plates tend to be bigger, also, the myonlinestore ones ( Butterfly) are bigger Very Happy
avatar
Sally Magpie

Posts : 2554
Thanks : 107
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 41
Location : Walsall

View user profile http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  starrystarry on Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Sally Magpie wrote:...also, the myonlinestore ones ( Butterfly) are bigger Very Happy

I've never heard of those ones, could you post a link Sal?
avatar
starrystarry

Posts : 1179
Thanks : 85
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Laura on Wed May 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Ahh thanks everyone for the comments, I like the look of the plates from Llarowe but I have to say I'm a bit nervous about ordering from her?
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Babafette on Wed May 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Laura wrote:Ahh thanks everyone for the comments, I like the look of the plates from Llarowe but I have to say I'm a bit nervous about ordering from her?
I don't blame you, I've been put off ordering from her too. I'll have a Lealac B plate and a large chunk of drama please............ Wink Razz

Nice stamping by the way Laura. I still haven't attempted it! Laughing
avatar
Babafette

Posts : 3414
Thanks : 127
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 42
Location : London/Devon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Laura on Wed May 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Babafette wrote:
Laura wrote:Ahh thanks everyone for the comments, I like the look of the plates from Llarowe but I have to say I'm a bit nervous about ordering from her?
I don't blame you, I've been put off ordering from her too. I'll have a Lealac B plate and a large chunk of drama please............ Wink Razz

Nice stamping by the way Laura. I still haven't attempted it! Laughing

I don't really know what the problem is supposed to be I just keep hearing that she or someone creates a lot of drama... not sure if I can be bothered
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  starrystarry on Wed May 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Laura wrote:
Babafette wrote:
Laura wrote:Ahh thanks everyone for the comments, I like the look of the plates from Llarowe but I have to say I'm a bit nervous about ordering from her?
I don't blame you, I've been put off ordering from her too. I'll have a Lealac B plate and a large chunk of drama please............ Wink Razz

Nice stamping by the way Laura. I still haven't attempted it! Laughing

I don't really know what the problem is supposed to be I just keep hearing that she or someone creates a lot of drama... not sure if I can be bothered

I must say that I didn't have any problems with my order from Llarowe.
avatar
starrystarry

Posts : 1179
Thanks : 85
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Laura on Thu May 09, 2013 7:32 am

Oh wow, just went to buy a Lealac plate from Llarowe and she wanted $35... errr no!
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  ninjablossom on Thu May 09, 2013 8:07 am

have a look at the new cheeky plates, can order off amazon and loads to choose from and cheap £5.99 - Happy Nails might be a good plate, I went for Viva Mexico but they all look pretty. that will be cheaper and easier than ordering US ones to start with. The DKR's on Ninjapolishes are $35 affraid
avatar
ninjablossom

Posts : 1246
Thanks : 57
Join date : 2013-02-16
Age : 103
Location : Surrey

View user profile http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  HanSpan on Thu May 09, 2013 6:38 pm

starrystarry wrote:
Laura wrote:
Babafette wrote:
Laura wrote:Ahh thanks everyone for the comments, I like the look of the plates from Llarowe but I have to say I'm a bit nervous about ordering from her?
I don't blame you, I've been put off ordering from her too. I'll have a Lealac B plate and a large chunk of drama please............ Wink Razz

Nice stamping by the way Laura. I still haven't attempted it! Laughing

I don't really know what the problem is supposed to be I just keep hearing that she or someone creates a lot of drama... not sure if I can be bothered

I must say that I didn't have any problems with my order from Llarowe.

Not did I - apart from getting soemone else's three polsihes sent to my address by accident as well - so not a problem for me!
And yes I did email and tell her and ask what to do but never got an answer.

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  HanSpan on Thu May 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Laura wrote:Oh wow, just went to buy a Lealac plate from Llarowe and she wanted $35... errr no!

I have a £3 off voucher which anyone is welcome to - but I dont suppose that makes enough of a difference does it. I can't remember how much they cost me.

HanSpan

Posts : 1888
Thanks : 61
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  starrystarry on Thu May 09, 2013 7:40 pm

HanSpan wrote:
Laura wrote:Oh wow, just went to buy a Lealac plate from Llarowe and she wanted $35... errr no!

I have a £3 off voucher which anyone is welcome to - but I dont suppose that makes enough of a difference does it. I can't remember how much they cost me.

Mine worked out at £23.07 delivered.
avatar
starrystarry

Posts : 1179
Thanks : 85
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Laura on Thu May 09, 2013 11:05 pm

I just can't spend that on a stamping plate. I would pay the $20 for the plate, but $15 shipping to the UK is a piss take!
avatar
Laura

Posts : 2727
Thanks : 86
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 26
Location : West Sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  RainbowNails on Thu May 09, 2013 11:22 pm

They do look really good

I did a post with stamping plates size comparisons

will see if I can bump it
avatar
RainbowNails

Posts : 234
Thanks : 14
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On this day, the 7th May 2013...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum