Traffic Sources

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Traffic Sources

Post  Laura on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:20 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
Laura wrote:Ouch! Lol I blog because I love polish, I dunno how some bloggers get hold of freebies tbh. Probably the ones with like 10000 followers

Took me a while to find the switch editor button though!
(It's on the far right hand side on the button bar at the top)

Just wanted to have a go to see if I'd got it right.

I can't find it
Laura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nail Luxxe on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:25 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:

Sorry, I should have pointed that out. But we all got there in the end! * EDIT Laura it's the icon that's a white piece of paper, the last icon on the right.

Laura wrote:Ouch! Lol I blog because I love polish, I dunno how some bloggers get hold of freebies tbh. Probably the ones with like 10000 followers

Same - I started to blog about nails because I enjoy doing it.  But according to the editor at the time, we're all inferior to the professionals. Here's a link to where I found the info plus other scandals *cough cough* like Lynderella - I wasn't blogging then so I didn't know about it, but it seems like it was HUUUUUGGE.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nail Luxxe

View user profile http://thenailluxxe.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:13 am

Nail Luxxe wrote:

Same - I started to blog about nails because I enjoy doing it.  But according to the editor at the time, we're all inferior to the professionals. Here's a link to where I found the info plus other scandals *cough cough* like Lynderella - I wasn't blogging then so I didn't know about it, but it seems like it was HUUUUUGGE.

yay that works!

On FB as well there was moaning about another indie seller who claims to be on her death bed which is why she's not sending out polishes. Call me cynical but that seems to happen alot with smaller indie sellers and then they magically recover a few months later to relapse again.
I like nail polish and I like chatting about my obsession and posting pretty pic's of my nails and oooohing over others pretty nails.
ninjablossom

View user profile http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:58 am

Jeez Nail Luxxe, that link is fascinating.  I have been educated, had some semi-mysteries resolved, and been horrified and amused in the past hour or so since reading and am going back for more.
Thank you.
LoolaBeanbag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nail Luxxe on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:31 am

ninjajane wrote:
On FB as well there was moaning about another indie seller who claims to be on her death bed which is why she's not sending out polishes. Call me cynical but that seems to happen alot with smaller indie sellers and then they magically recover a few months later to relapse again.

LOL @ "then they magically recover a few months later to relapse again". I don't know about this specific case, but like you've said some small indies seem to have these issues. But if you think about it, creating, testing, mixing, bottling, packing, shipping, promoting, dealing with the business side is a lot when you're on your own and have a job and a life.
I'm not saying that you should ditch your customers when it gets too much, but I can definitely see how it becomes overwhelming. It's the customer service aspect that truly shows the mark of a good brand, indie or otherwise. Nails Inc is having a nightmare with their QVC deal. QVC took a month to send everyone their order and when they received it, it was the wrong colour...not good.

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Jeez Nail Luxxe, that link is fascinating. I have been educated, had some semi-mysteries resolved, and been horrified and amused in the past hour or so since reading and am going back for more.
Thank you.

Your experience perfectly sums up mine. It's better than the soaps I'm telling you! lol
Nail Luxxe

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:38 am

I've just got back from the link reading Nail Luxxe - whilst I was reading about the bleeding glitters it occurred to me that I had recently been surprised by a current brand that I like and respect. Calling a polish 'My bleeding heart' and making out that the bleeding glitter is a feature and pricing it the same as the other polishes in the collection doesn't work for me. What a Face
LoolaBeanbag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nail Luxxe on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 am

Can't say I disagree.  Especially because 'bleeding glitter' is seen as a mark of quality,or rather, lack thereof.  In all respects I can't see how bleeding glitter would be a benefit other than that it adds pigment to the base.  But then the glitter will be drained of its colour.
Nail Luxxe

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:22 am

[quote="Nail Luxxe"]
ninjajane wrote:

LOL @ "then they magically recover a few months later to relapse again".  I don't know about this specific case, but like you've said some small indies seem to have these issues.  But if you think about it, creating, testing, mixing, bottling, packing, shipping, promoting, dealing with the business side is a lot when you're on your own and have a job and a life.  
I'm not saying that you should ditch your customers when it gets too much, but I can definitely see how it becomes overwhelming.  It's the customer service aspect that truly shows the mark of a good brand, indie or otherwise. Nails Inc is having a nightmare with their QVC deal.  QVC took a month to send everyone their order and when they received it, it was the wrong colour...not good.

if they were honest and said they were overwelmed I'm sure most buyers would understand. This woman's husband posted a message about her being on her deathbed and the shop was closed. Some people had her as a friend on FB and she was posting about dancing on nights out and stuff like that. If her hubbie could post about her being on her death bed he could have helped her package some polish... there is a lot a drama in the polish world ey!
ninjablossom

View user profile http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Nail Luxxe wrote:
LoolaBeanbag wrote:

Sorry, I should have pointed that out. But we all got there in the end! * EDIT Laura it's the icon that's a white piece of paper, the last icon on the right.

Ooooh got it thank you! Am I seriously going to have to do this every time I quote someone?!
Laura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:33 am

Nail Luxxe wrote:
LoolaBeanbag wrote:

Ooh ooh. thought I'd never find it and was about to throw a paddy! Finally gotit.

I both hate and love gossip so that link is dangerous - I feel this dreadful urge to read all the to and fro but I really must get on wiith reading everything else and planning to throw a hissy at Next who were supposed to deliver before 9:30 tonight!

What I really want now is a "mark post as unread" button so I can come back to it. Anyone found a way to do that?

HanSpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nail Luxxe on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:25 am

I know exactly what you mean! Smile  Did your delivery arrive in the end?
Nail Luxxe

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:29 am

Nail Luxxe wrote:I know exactly what you mean! Smile  Did your delivery arrive in the end?

No! Pratts didn't have a house number and apparently called but didn't leave a message so OH screening calls never heard it.
Now I have a thiny taht says they delivered to the next door neighbour at no 10 yesterday, only they didn't.
Not impressed with this at all - they better give me back my same day delivery fee or there will be trouble!

HanSpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nail Luxxe on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:26 am

That's disgraceful! They absolutely must give you a full refund for the delivery.  I'm so sick of companies offering a Same/Next Day Delivery Service that they can't fulfill and then go to all these lengths to pretend that they attempted to deliver your item. 

Stand your ground HanSpan!
Nail Luxxe

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:46 am

Nail Luxxe wrote:That's disgraceful! They absolutely must give you a full refund for the delivery.  I'm so sick of companies offering a Same/Next Day Delivery Service that they can't fulfill and then go to all these lengths to pretend that they attempted to deliver your item. 

Stand your ground HanSpan!

I will. But before I ring I need to find the bloody package!
I'm guessing the divots can't tell 10 from 12 so its with the other neighbours but they are out.
grrrrr

HanSpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nail Luxxe on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:11 am

HanSpan wrote:
I will.  But before I ring I need to find the bloody package!
I'm guessing the divots can't tell 10 from 12 so its with the other neighbours but they are out.
grrrrr

How frustrating!  I hope it is at the neighbours so you don't have to spend much more time correcting THEIR mistake.
Nail Luxxe

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Can you believe it - still no sign of the package.
I sent a message and they called and apologised and have said they will refund postage but where the package has gone is a bit of a mystery.
Apparently the courier said they still haven't been able to deliver as they need directions - they can't find us.  But if that is the case where did the Next 'package left with No 10' card come from?

I am now really curious to see if it will ever actually arrive!

HanSpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:49 am

ninjajane wrote:
Nail Luxxe wrote:
ninjajane wrote:

LOL @ "then they magically recover a few months later to relapse again".  I don't know about this specific case, but like you've said some small indies seem to have these issues.  But if you think about it, creating, testing, mixing, bottling, packing, shipping, promoting, dealing with the business side is a lot when you're on your own and have a job and a life.  
I'm not saying that you should ditch your customers when it gets too much, but I can definitely see how it becomes overwhelming.  It's the customer service aspect that truly shows the mark of a good brand, indie or otherwise. Nails Inc is having a nightmare with their QVC deal.  QVC took a month to send everyone their order and when they received it, it was the wrong colour...not good.

if they were honest and said they were overwelmed I'm sure most buyers would understand. This woman's husband posted a message about her being on her deathbed and the shop was closed. Some people had her as a friend on FB and she was posting about dancing on nights out and stuff like that. If her hubbie could post about her being on her death bed he could have helped her package some polish... there is a lot a drama in the polish world ey!

Years ago, way back in the age of Myspace and LiveJournal, there was a massive 'case' like this - some 45 year old woman in Idaho or something was pretending to be a 15 year old girl with cancer, she died and came back to life like four times or something. It's funny now (I LOVE internet drama, as long as it's not me involved :p) but at the time people were pretty pissed off as they'd sent her gifts and stuff.
kissmenow9

View user profile http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:30 pm

This week I have been visited by someone wanting to "nail geordie girls". Clearly someone went on Google looking for some easy fun and ended up squealing over manicures instead Laughing 
Geordie Nails

View user profile http://geordienails.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Geordie Nails wrote:This week I have been visited by someone wanting to "nail geordie girls". Clearly someone went on Google looking for some easy fun and ended up squealing over manicures instead Laughing 
LOL
Laura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:14 pm

affraid :lol
LoolaBeanbag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:22 pm

Someone found me this week by searching for "cute girl webcam pic". Sorry to disappint mate!
Geordie Nails

View user profile http://geordienails.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:22 am

Geordie Nails wrote:Someone found me this week by searching for "cute girl webcam pic". Sorry to disappint mate!

LOL. fabulous.

HanSpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top