Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Of Thrones

+2
ninjablossom
starrystarry
6 posters

Go down

Game Of Thrones Empty Game Of Thrones

Post  starrystarry Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Does anyone else watch this? If so, have you seen this week's episode?
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones Empty Re: Game Of Thrones

Post  ninjablossom Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:33 pm

I saved them to watch them all - but my cousin decided to spoiler the last episode on facebook Sad
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Bummer! That's why I didn't say anything about it, wanted to check whether people had seen it first.

I won't give anything away, just to say I don't think I've ever been as gobsmacked by a TV programme as I was when I watched that last night.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:58 am

I know it's bad but I don't watch it because everyone else watches it and I get sick of hearing about it Embarassed
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:25 pm

sometimes Laura you just have to give in and join the bandwagon! lol everyone talks about it as it is rather good and there are rather alot of fit men in it.

I might start watching it tonight Starry. I'm trying to wean myself off the new Doctor Who's - who knew that show was so good as well!
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 pm

I've got a series and a bit to watch as I keep waiting for OH! I may decide stuff him & watch them all alone as now I want to know, but not till I've seen all the ones before!

I saw something over someone's shoulder in Metro and instantly closed my eyes so as not to read it - fortunately it was half covered and had some shock horror headline so I realised it was something to avoid before I saw the details.
The next day there was I think an apology for spoilning it by the MEtro - certainly something on one of the first pages said something about not opening a certain page if you didn't want to know!

I'm a bit lary of facebook or anything else as I have some jolly inconsiderate friends so thatnks for keeping the shockers away from me!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:20 pm

What is it about? The name of the programme doesn't tell me anything lol
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:58 am

It's about the battle between several families who all think they should be on the throne, set in a fictional, almost fantasy, world. Its your basic tale of skullduggery, violence, sex etc but its different from a lot of other shows in that it doesn't pull its punches and you can't predict what's going to happen. It doesn't follow the usual formula of good triumphing over evil.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Peony Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:35 am

We're watching it and were both shocked at the previous episode. I don't want tomorrows to be the last one!

I've also been reading the books as it adds some history and a few ah-ha! moments. I don't normally read after I've watched films but it really helped this time! About 25% of the way through book 3 but I'm sure I saw that season 3 was only half of book 3?

Peony

http://1008hollywalkpark.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stationaryace Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:40 am

I would recommend the books. They are a really good read (less sex, more politics and more plot than the tv series) and I managed to get through them really quickly because I just really wanted to know what happened next. I have read all the books currently released but only seen the first two series as I don't have Sky.

Oh and the Metro apology wasn't an apology, they said sorry we spoilt something that had already been broadcast!. If people think that episode was bad, there are another 2 books and it gets more and more intense/gruesome/awesome!
stationaryace
stationaryace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down