Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone recommend a non-greasy super-high SPF?

+2
Sally Magpie
mmmmchocolate
6 posters

Go down

Can anyone recommend a non-greasy super-high SPF? Empty Can anyone recommend a non-greasy super-high SPF?

Post  mmmmchocolate Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 am

I have insanely fair skin - need spf50+ even in the UK if I'm spending more than a few minutes outside. I hate heavy greasy suntan lotion, and I hate having to reapply it constantly. Can anyone recommend one (preferably something I can get in boots / superdrug / supermarket) that actually sinks in, won't make me all sticky, and lasts all day? I've been looking at the kids sprays - anyone know if they're any good?
mmmmchocolate
mmmmchocolate

Back to top Go down

Can anyone recommend a non-greasy super-high SPF? Empty Re: Can anyone recommend a non-greasy super-high SPF?

Post  Sally Magpie Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:16 am

The best one I have ever used is the Loreal 50+ spray

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It isn't cheap, but one can lasts me a holiday and I am a chunky monkey.

Other than this no sun tan lotion works on me. Its very light, and doesn't cause my skin to get nasty. I won't go away with anything else in the case.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Can anyone recommend a non-greasy super-high SPF? Empty Re: Can anyone recommend a non-greasy super-high SPF?

Post  Laura Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:40 am

I'm sick of burning too, I am so fair, practically vampire!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:53 am

the elizabeth arden factor 50 all day one is pretty decent for the face. It absorbs pretty quick but its not cheap. And Banana Boat factor 50 sport is pretty good and smells nice. You can get that at Sainsburys for cheaper but you will need to reapply but its sweat resistant so its not as bad for reapplication as your standard creams.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:06 am

Laura wrote:I'm sick of burning too, I am so fair, practically vampire!

I feel your pain, I can burn walking from the car to the house, which is about 100 yards. Ieven burn my scalp.

When we go abroad I sit under a brolly, with a towel over my legs.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 am

My scalp gets burnt too. I have very fair skin and when I do actually tan it's just because all my freckles have joined up together. Rolling Eyes Laughing 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  mmmmchocolate Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone Very Happy Price is quite a way down my list of considerations on this one, so I'll definitely have a look at those...
mmmmchocolate
mmmmchocolate

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 pm

I use this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is actually for the face and 'mattifying'. I'd imagine you can use it on your body too. And it's only £2.48 at the moment.

The one I use on my body is from Lidl and is for kids. I don't know how much it is because I stole it from my mum :twisted but I'd imagine not much coming from Lidl. Razz 

I've just tested them both on my arm and while the Lidl one leaves more of a residue, it's only because the Superdrug one has virtually disappeared. Neither of them are greasy though - if they were I wouldn't use them. I hate hate HATE using greasy products (so much so that I wear rubber gloves to apply any oil, lotion, cream etc.) but these are OK if I wipe my hands on a towel and use hand sanitiser. Very Happy

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  mmmmchocolate Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks Muffy Smile Going shopping tomorrow - got a horrible feeling nowhere is going to have anything left!
mmmmchocolate
mmmmchocolate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down