Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nail/cuticle/eponychium help!

3 posters

Go down

nail/cuticle/eponychium help! Empty nail/cuticle/eponychium help!

Post  Dragonette Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey all, I've been AWOL for a while (working away, with no mobile or internet signal).

As some of you know, I work outside with manual labour and currently my nails are wrecked Mad . Not totally, but the top layers are peeling off and I cannot get this to grow out. So I was hoping some of you lovely people might have some ideas on what I can do to fix the damage, or halt it till it grows out.

Currently I'm using Leighton Denny renovate several times a day, with moisturiser over it. I wear gloves at work but these regularly get soaked through. I wear cotton gloves overnight, again with renovate and moisturiser on underneath them. Before that I tried OPI strengthening polish but it simply didn't work in the conditions.

The damage is being caused by a combination of repeated soaking and drying, cold, dehydration (inevitable in the conditions and plenty of fluids drunk at night) and the manual labour - digging primarily.

Please help! Sad
Dragonette
Dragonette

Back to top Go down

nail/cuticle/eponychium help! Empty Re: nail/cuticle/eponychium help!

Post  kissmenow9 Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm

I can't offer suggestions just my sympathy, since the start of summer my nails have been peeling something chronic (like, a layer off every nail every day Shocked ) so I'm also on the look out for something good! I've heard good things about Nailtiques Formula 2 I think?
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:44 am

Yes, Nailtiques Formula 2 is great for peeling nails. OPI do a special Nail Envy for peeling nails ("Sensitive & Peeling"), that's good as well though for me the Nailtiques works better. I just use it as a base coat and my nails never peel anymore. My index fingernails used to peel something shocking.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down