Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stamping Polishes

5 posters

Go down

Stamping Polishes Empty Stamping Polishes

Post  martinsgirl Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:49 am

Hey girlies,
Can anyone recommend some good stamping polishes? I want a good black in particular, but don't want to spend a fortune on konad ones! I normally just use white konad or Barry M silver foil, so want something different Very Happy
martinsgirl
martinsgirl

Back to top Go down

Stamping Polishes Empty Re: Stamping Polishes

Post  Jasmina Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:00 am

Depends what effect you are after, I get the crispest results with the konad polish but there are loads of cheaper polishes that work well. Sally Hansen Insta dri is pretty good and can be found in poundshops and fragrancedirect.com

I have used holographic ones for a subtle effect (see the picture thread)

One coaters are also quite good like the creme ones from the no 7 range.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:07 am

I'd like a good non Konad black too. I have only used regular polishes so far, The one that works the best for me over dark colours is OPI DS Radiance. I tried GOSH 549 holo over darks and it wasn't great. I've also had great success with a Nails Inc very dark navy blue (the freebie one with Glamour mag), so it's just dawned on me whilst typing this to try a NI black!!
I've used all sorts but as I'm a novice I've stuck to metallics/chromes over dark colours and stronger colours over pale - Essie Orange it's obvious works a treat over light pinks and white. Another surprise favourite is Avon Nailwear sequinned turquoise, and my most recent success was a Revlon berry metallicy polish from the pound shop! I don't have any nail wheel thingies yet so I just slap a couple of coats on a piece of white card and stamp over that to do a test run before putting it on. I also top coat the trial run - some polishes (cheaper ones generally) blur a bit with the top coat on.
Sorry it's a bit of a rambly non-specific reply!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:11 am

I've manged to get small Konad bottles off Amazon really quite cheap and it does seem so much better I decide dit was worth it in the end.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Sossidge Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:10 am

I'm a bit late to this, but the Barry M Colour Change polishes and the 17 ones are great for stamping, as they are so opaque, and they've got quite a few lovely colours.
Princess Sossidge
Princess Sossidge

http://www.nuthinbutanailthing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  martinsgirl Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 am

Barry M Gelly polishes work really well too - had to buy a couple at the weekend after seeing them used on a blog!
martinsgirl
martinsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down