Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helmers apparently reduced at the moment with Ikea family card...

+9
Wesker
HanSpan
martinsgirl
kelpyg
shoppingaddict
LoolaBeanbag
Babafette
Sally Magpie
mmmmchocolate
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Helmers apparently reduced at the moment with Ikea family card... Empty Helmers apparently reduced at the moment with Ikea family card...

Post  mmmmchocolate Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:33 pm

According to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] anyway - can't find any confirmation of it on the ikea site, but I thought it was worth mentioning...
mmmmchocolate
mmmmchocolate

Back to top Go down

Helmers apparently reduced at the moment with Ikea family card... Empty Re: Helmers apparently reduced at the moment with Ikea family card...

Post  Sally Magpie Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 pm

I need to reduce my stash, but would love another helmer Sad
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Helmers apparently reduced at the moment with Ikea family card... Empty Re: Helmers apparently reduced at the moment with Ikea family card...

Post  Babafette Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 pm

I'll give it a miss I think thanks - if I buy another Helmer I'll only end up acquiring even more polish to fill it up! affraid
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:45 am

I've heard helmers mentioned lots, but what exactly is one?!! I find the word helmer strangely offensive No (todger connection? American lingo? I'm just not sure what it is but I can't get my head around the word!) and can only invest if they're something that look nice !
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:56 am

It is a metal drawer set from IKEA. It comes in a variety of colours and is perfect depth to fit polishes, but without wasting space Smile
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 am

Lady S wrote:It is a metal drawer set from IKEA. It comes in a variety of colours and is perfect depth to fit polishes, but without wasting space Smile

I love my helmet..... Er halmer! Lol
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:52 am

Cheers ladies! I'm using a 4 drawer tall fake leathery from Matalan at the mo, and I've almost filled it Embarassed Best have a look at the Hs then!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:I've heard helmers mentioned lots, but what exactly is one?!! I find the word helmer strangely offensive No (todger connection? American lingo? I'm just not sure what it is but I can't get my head around the word!) and can only invest if they're something that look nice !
I'm not a big fan of IKEA furniture, but actually the Helmer is rather fabulous. It's a neat, compact size, comes in red, silver or white, the drawers are the perfect height for polish and it holds lots and lots of bottles. Here's a picture of my silver one so you can see what they look like: Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 am

Oh Babafette thank you so much. He's a little cutie isn't he?!! I'm glad that they also come in white, as my bedroom is......interesting. We haven't decorated since moving in and I think the previous occupants decorated in the 80s and were BIG Dynasty fans....
Roughly how many bottles would you say fit in each drawer, and are they polish height? I'm imagining that Helmo is about waist height, like a plastic storage tower.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 am

I reckon you could probably get at least 65 bottles in each drawer, maybe more. I think some people have managed to get between 400-600 bottles in a single Helmer. I know some of the other ladies on here have some pictures of their stash neatly organised in their Helmers.

They're a bitch to put together though! Suspect
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 am

65 in each drawer? Blimey, I'd best buy a few more then Laughing Thanks Babafette.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:11 am

I've just been upstairs and had a quick count up of one of my Helmer drawers. I reckon you'd actually get at least 75 polishes in each drawer. Laughing
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 am

I would fill just under three drawers right now. Helmo's definitely going to be moving in I think!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  kelpyg Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:17 am

I poped into Ikea today on my way home from Gatwick and the helmers are £18.95 with the ikea family card and £22.50 without. The label above says that they are reduced as they won’t be selling them anymore.
kelpyg
kelpyg

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:02 am

kelpyg wrote:I poped into Ikea today on my way home from Gatwick and the helmers are £18.95 with the ikea family card and £22.50 without. The label above says that they are reduced as they won’t be selling them anymore.

WHAT?!!!! Bugger!!!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  martinsgirl Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:50 am

I got my first one today Smile it was £25 and I didn't get any discount with the family card. Didn't see any signs saying it was being discontinued either.
martinsgirl
martinsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  kelpyg Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 am

Maybe its only at Lakeside?
kelpyg
kelpyg

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:54 am

kelpyg wrote:I poped into Ikea today on my way home from Gatwick and the helmers are £18.95 with the ikea family card and £22.50 without. The label above says that they are reduced as they won’t be selling them anymore.
Oh no!!! affraid
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:05 pm

I feel I may have to ahve one as well. The only thing is Malcolm has car the size of a toy so it might not fit! Coes anyone have a box it came in that they could measure for me?
I can't face paying Ikea delivery rates - they are crazy.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  kelpyg Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:13 pm

40x6x70cm roughly I haven’t put mine together yet
kelpyg
kelpyg

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:31 pm

kelpyg wrote:40x6x70cm roughly I haven’t put mine together yet

Really only 6cm thick? Should that be 60? Desont' seem big enough to get enough bits in to build what the helmers look like from.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  kelpyg Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

yep its a tardis!!
kelpyg
kelpyg

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:19 pm

kelpyg wrote:yep its a tardis!!

WOW. definitely seding him off for one then - that will fit even in our car!
thanks.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Yeah, the box is pretty small actually. It's quite impressive how all the bits are packed in. Very Happy
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:01 am

I don't actually need another helmer yet, but I'm debating getting one on the off chance I do fill it up!!!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next