Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any body else love to layer holos to create new shades?

+3
Babafette
LoolaBeanbag
mrsmoore2b
7 posters

Go down

Any body else love to layer holos to create new shades?  Empty Any body else love to layer holos to create new shades?

Post  mrsmoore2b Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Any body else love to layer their holos?

Last week I used 1 coat of jade hypnose and then layered a thin coat of jade déjà vu over the top and it created the most stunning unique purple colour!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

And then a while ago I wanted a deep, dark red holo. I layered 1 coat of china glaze naughty and nice then I layered 1 coat of glitter gal red over and then fell in love!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

Let me know what you think Smile

mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Any body else love to layer holos to create new shades?  Empty Re: Any body else love to layer holos to create new shades?

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:44 pm

I'd never have thought of that! Seriously need to give it a go. I'm a bit off holos at the mo as although I love the effect I can't get more than a days wear out of them on their own, and as soon as I add the Seche the effect is halved. Maybe as a holo expert you could point me in the right direction?!
Thank you for a fab pic! Smile
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Any body else love to layer holos to create new shades?  Empty Re: Any body else love to layer holos to create new shades?

Post  mrsmoore2b Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:03 am

Hehe not sure I'm an expect lol just a nutter for a rainbow Smile I get the best wear from my jade holos. Can do dishes, chores and still have a chip free mani, I use NYC quick dry topcoat and the effect isn't dulled Smile

X
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:03 am

Thank you! I haven't tried the Jades yet as I've always reckoned that the Laylas are unbeatable. Off to see what Magpies has in stock then.....! Wink
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:11 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Thank you! I haven't tried the Jades yet as I've always reckoned that the Laylas are unbeatable. Off to see what Magpies has in stock then.....! Wink

You'll love them, I'm desperate for the red! Some reason I didn't get it when I got the others last year x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:32 am

That looks fantastic, for some reason I would never think to layer holographic polishes. Smile
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:06 am

Babafette wrote:That looks fantastic, for some reason I would never think to layer holographic polishes. Smile

It's a bit of trial and error but you come up with a winning combo more often than not Smile
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:36 am

I never though of doing this but I am defo going to try it. Very Happy

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:49 am

Let me know if you do and what you try, I'm always looking for new ideas Smile
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  carter0268 Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 am

That looks very similar to what I have on now! I wanted to try my new Hits Atena, but they are only small bottles so put it on top of Sally Hansen Ruby Rush - it came out like a sort of burgundy holo, quite different to the cerise pink Atena starts off as. I can't find how to post a photo yet lol xx

carter0268
carter0268

Back to top Go down

Post  carter0268 Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:55 am

No idea if this will work...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
carter0268
carter0268

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:32 am

Yep it worked and looks stunning! X
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:47 am

I've layered holos over normal polishes but I've never tried it over another holo. Will give it a bash, I love that purple shade.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  TarasTalons Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 am

I love layering holos over each other and both over and under other polishes!

TarasTalons

http://Tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:39 am

starrystarry wrote:I've layered holos over normal polishes but I've never tried it over another holo. Will give it a bash, I love that purple shade.

Can get some lovely effects can't you x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 am

TarasTalons wrote:I love layering holos over each other and both over and under other polishes!

I really should try more, apart from using a holo top coat these two were my only experiments Smile x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down