Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A England She Walks in Beauty swatches as promised!

5 posters

Go down

A England She Walks in Beauty swatches as promised! Empty A England She Walks in Beauty swatches as promised!

Post  LoolaBeanbag Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:34 am

Ok, so here we go....please bear in mind that I consider my skill level as a polisher as 3/10 and 2/10 as a photographer!
The whole wheel:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
L - R OPI Princesses Rule, Peri Pera (cat bottle) Roly Purple, OPI DSRadiance

China Glaze Dynasty, H&M Honey I'm Home (dusty plum creme), Butter London Shambolic

Layla Ceramic 61 (Golden Green), Picture Polish Warning, Butter London Shambolic

OPI Princesses Rule, Layla Holo Purple Illusion, Paul and Joe 004 (pearly sunset colour)

Layla Ceramic 72, Ciate Daisy (black), OPI Holiday Glow

These look all the same to me! Revlon Plum Night, Sinful Mercury Rising (pearly deep brown), Sinful What's your name (black with blue microglitter)

Sinful Hotspot (deep pearly blue), OPI Holiday Glow, Ciate Daisy

Rimmel Cockatil Colours Baby Bellini, Layla Golden Green, Picture Polish Warning

Trying to get a better picture of the Layla Holo.

All the pictures were taken in daylight with no flash except the last which was shoved under the undercabinet light in the kitchen, all the swatchlets are two coats of base colour, one of A England and a top coat.
I'm still not a fan of this polish, it seems too 'dry', all glitter dust and no gloss - therefore doesn't spread easily and I didn't find it easy to get a thin coat which I particularly wanted for the darker colours.
Whaddya reckon?!

LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

A England She Walks in Beauty swatches as promised! Empty Re: A England She Walks in Beauty swatches as promised!

Post  ninjablossom Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am

I think I'm being dim - as I was looking thinking these aren't A England polishes until I twigged its the top coat!

Looks nice over the red China Glaze? thats where I was drawn to first.

So what makes this one special, its a gold hex glitter - or is it slightly iridescent? I've missed all the hype about A England so far. What am I missing?
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

A England She Walks in Beauty swatches as promised! Empty Re: A England She Walks in Beauty swatches as promised!

Post  mrsmoore2b Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 pm

I love it! Really love it over the pinks and purples! Thankyou for doing this Smile
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:05 pm

If you want to swap your a England let me know Wink x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 pm

As expected it looks lovely over darker shades, very surprised how interesting the reds and greens look, I wouldn't have thought of that combination.

Felt a bit meh about the pinks and lilacs which has shocked me as I thought the gold shimmer would be stronger.

Totally see what you meant about the holo not working, how disappointing as you'd hope the glitter would add depth but It really doesn't.

Not sure what to recommend for thinner coats, maybe add a small quantity to some clear polish in a dish before application, similar to how bloggers create full ombré manis with only 2 colours.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:48 am

mrsmoore2b wrote:If you want to swap your a England let me know Wink x

Hell Yeah! Why not!!!

Glad you liked the swatches, I really enjoyed doing it - I might do some of my Femme Fatales next!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:56 am

Brilliant! What's your prefered kinda polish? I have some opi burlesque glitters or back up bottles of ludurana holos in light blue or the lilac Smile if they don't tickle your fancy let me know what kinda thing you'd like and I'm sure in my stash I'd have something along the lines Wink x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Sossidge Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:33 am

Oh these are great! I really love it over the reds and purple colours too.

I think I need this polish. Smile)
Princess Sossidge
Princess Sossidge

http://www.nuthinbutanailthing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:41 am

mrsmoore2b wrote:Brilliant! What's your prefered kinda polish? I have some opi burlesque glitters or back up bottles of ludurana holos in light blue or the lilac Smile if they don't tickle your fancy let me know what kinda thing you'd like and I'm sure in my stash I'd have something along the lines Wink x

My fancy is well and truly tickled! Blue holo sounds great, I don't have a blue one! I'll send you a PM later tonight (after the kids' dance club, Beavers, Scouts......!)x
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:58 am

Ludurana Magnifica is yours, yeah just PM me later and we'll sort details out Smile

Suz x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down