Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avoid....!

+6
LoolaBeanbag
alix266
shoppingaddict
TarasTalons
SueD
Laura
10 posters

Go down

Avoid....! Empty Avoid....!

Post  Laura Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:22 am

Thought perhaps we could have a thread to warn others of crappy nail products that we've bought.

I'll start with Primark nail wraps... should've known really Wink they're only a pound but they're far too skinny for any normal person's nails.

Anyone else got anything to add?
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Avoid....! Empty Re: Avoid....!

Post  SueD Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 am

Opi Chip Skip- it knackers your nails!!!
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  TarasTalons Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:01 am

Laura wrote:Thought perhaps we could have a thread to warn others of crappy nail products that we've bought.

I'll start with Primark nail wraps... should've known really Wink they're only a pound but they're far too skinny for any normal person's nails.

Fab thread! Is there any way you can cut the down into stops to use as tips? Not sure if I've explained that well but to use them as an accent in a kind of French mani? or cut 'V' shapes out of them to put on as an accent? I know it's a 'cheap' product but it isn't fair that they don't at least make them so they can fit properly! No-one expects them to last weeks at £1 but we do expect to actually be able to use them for their intended purpose!

TarasTalons

http://Tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 am

TarasTalons wrote:
Laura wrote:Thought perhaps we could have a thread to warn others of crappy nail products that we've bought.

Fab thread! Is there any way you can cut the down into stops to use as tips? Not sure if I've explained that well but to use them as an accent in a kind of French mani? or cut 'V' shapes out of them to put on as an accent? I know it's a 'cheap' product but it isn't fair that they don't at least make them so they can fit properly! No-one expects them to last weeks at £1 but we do expect to actually be able to use them for their intended purpose!

Nope, they're just way too skinny. They only cover about 2/3 to 3/4 of my nail! Binned them. Sally Hansen ones are fab Smile
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  TarasTalons Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 am

[/quote]
Nope, they're just way too skinny. They only cover about 2/3 to 3/4 of my nail! Binned them. Sally Hansen ones are fab Smile[/quote]

Urgh! What a nightmare! I've not tried the Sally ones but I'll keep my peepers out!

TarasTalons

http://Tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Nail wraps in general for me. Only stay on me for about 10 mins then start peeling off!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alix266 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 pm

I normally find wraps too wide for my skinny nails so they might be better for me! Very Happy
Having said that I usually don't have the patience for wraps...
alix266
alix266

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:32 am

The best ones I've tried were the Outdoor Girl ones from Poundland, or some that I got in Asda/George last year. I made them last by leaving a mm or two around the edges and sealing them/sticking them down with topcoat and wrapping the tops with it. The ones on my toes lasted well over a fortnight.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:29 am

not a polish but a supplier. Avoid eBay seller juliannlaplanche

I ordered a halo hue a month ago, 3 weeks later (and after the estimated dispatch date) it was marked as dispatched, it never turned up. I've only just got a refund. Looking at her reviews shes started a habit of marking items as dispatched and not actually posting them. All very odd.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:31 am

That is so annoying, glad you got your money back Laura x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:29 am

ninjajane wrote:not a polish but a supplier. Avoid eBay seller juliannlaplanche

I ordered a halo hue a month ago, 3 weeks later (and after the estimated dispatch date) it was marked as dispatched, it never turned up. I've only just got a refund. Looking at her reviews shes started a habit of marking items as dispatched and not actually posting them. All very odd.

That is so bad, I get annoyed with unreliable sellers - already at the mercy of Royal mail they shouldn't be added to the drama.
Had to email an amazon trader today because something hasn't arrived, I don't want a refund I just want my product, it was annoying because it is to replace lash remover my daughter loving poured down the sink, after I did my lashes.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 am

ninjajane wrote:not a polish but a supplier. Avoid eBay seller juliannlaplanche

I've seen that seller crop up a few times now - I've always avoided on the overexaggerated descriptions and the vast amount of the same 'discontinued' products sold!
I have seen Color Clubs that they've had for sale and bought them from the States for half their bid/sale prices though Laughing
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:45 am

I totally want to google that seller now, promise I wont purchase.
Well that was quick - I will guarentee you those OPI are fake as fakery.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Jasmina wrote:I totally want to google that seller now, promise I wont purchase.

Report them to ebay if you're sure. I wouldn't know a fake OPI and I'm sure loads of other people could be fleeced fi she is selling fakes.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Jasmina wrote:I totally want to google that seller now, promise I wont purchase.

How can you tell? I don't have many OPIs as I'm always worried about picking up a fake
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Laura wrote:

How can you tell? I don't have many OPIs as I'm always worried about picking up a fake

She has a lot of the "rare" hard to find shades in stock. Certain colours get faked more than others, i.e. the really popular limited edition, Mad about Alice and the Burlesque collection regularly appears from these fake sellers.

Certain hints for spotting a fake:
Bottle shape
Font on bottles
OPI being printed on the inside of the brush, if it is missing chances are you have a fake.
Gear shaped imprint inside the lid,if it is missing chances are you have a fake.
Dot on the middle of the "P" for OPI on the lid if it is missing chances are you have a fake.
Conflicting serial numbers
Collections from a long long time ago being in pristine condition and selling for low price.

There are blogs out there warning of fakes and how to spot them, some are more helpful than others. I am quite choosy where I get my OPI from now as I have received fakes in the past. I got my money back but was very disappointed as I just wanted the colours but refused to keep the fakes. If they legimiately sold them as dupes e.g. own brand I would have bought them but then it wouldn't warrant the higher price tag I am guessing.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:25 am

Jasmina wrote:
Laura wrote:

She has a lot of the "rare" hard to find shades in stock. Certain colours get faked more than others, i.e. the really popular limited edition, Mad about Alice and the Burlesque collection regularly appears from these fake sellers.

Bottle shape
Font on bottles
OPI being printed on the inside of the brush, if it is missing chances are you have a fake.
Gear shaped imprint inside the lid,if it is missing chances are you have a fake.
Dot on the middle of the "P" for OPI on the lid if it is missing chances are you have a fake.
Collections from a long long time ago being in pristine condition and selling for low price.

There are blogs out there warning of fakes and how to spot them, some are more helpful than others. I am quite choosy where I get my OPI from now as I have received fakes in the past. I got my money back but was very disappointed as I just wanted the colours but refused to keep the fakes. If they legimiately sold them as dupes e.g. own brand I would have bought them but then it wouldn't warrant the higher price tag I am guessing.

Very good to know, great post thank you Jasmina Smile
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:47 am

Jasmina wrote:
Laura wrote:

Bottle shape
Font on bottles

*goes off to check OPI bottles*
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down