Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What else?

+10
shoppingaddict
kissmenow9
Muffy
SueD
Sally Magpie
Jane
LoolaBeanbag
Laura
Babafette
ninjablossom
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What else? - Page 2 Empty Re: What else?

Post  ninjablossom Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Sam wrote:ninjajane, I match my wellies to my earmuffs, so I think polish and bag is fine lol.

That sounds cool!

now I'm thinking matching shoes... lol
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:23 pm

I kept my addictions to beauty and fashion but I do have other downfalls....

Star Wars stuff. Probably one of my worst addictions I have a thing for most Star Wars stuff but especially Lightsabers and ATAT's. I have 3 full sized prop replica lightsabers which function just like the movies, they are the best fun in the world (and a bit expensive Embarassed ) This is Tom and I fighting the other night....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I also have SW toys kicking about, busts etc

Shepherd Fairey Prints. I'll forgive most of you for saying 'who?' but you do all know him whether you realise it or not. He's the guy behind 'obey' and the Obama prints that have been copied a million times. I studied Graphic Design at Uni and I loved his style, his prints are limited runs and signed. I currently have 3 which OH and I love but I'm always scouting for more (when I can afford them)

Comic Books. Any and all. Especially Silver Surfer, X-Men and Avengers. I have a few hundred of those, all in protective sleeves and as mint as the day they were printed Embarassed

Pullip Dolls. By far my worst addiction and the meaning of my name on MSE. I started buying these Japanese dolls about 10 years ago. They are limited usually to 1,000 (sometimes less). I have about 25 of them. I say about because sadly I ran out of room so they all had to go into the loft in their boxes until I found room again. Couldn't bear to sell them so they are still in the loft waiting to come out again. They are one of those things you either adore or hate. This is one of the first I bought, Alice in Wonderland. She wasn't a bad investment, I paid about £60 for her and she's worth about £250 now Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jane
Jane
Admin

http://pulliptears.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Don't mention comics to me.

We once trawlled all the comic book shops in new yokr to get this stupid batman is dead book...which was $150
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Sally Magpie wrote:Don't mention comics to me.

We once trawlled all the comic book shops in new yokr to get this stupid batman is dead book...which was $150

Wow! Very Happy I'm guessing it wasn't the best day of your life? haha
If you'd have said I'd have gone with him for you Very Happy
Jane
Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 pm

It got to the point where I had written the name of it on my hand, and just used to walk in and say to the geek behind the counter have you got x. It was easier because whenever he looked we ended up with more comics. Some Spiderman 1920's thing, Dead Walking thingy ( its now on tv here I think)

The time before we went to NYC and we got on a train for 90 minutes to go to some hick backwater in the middle of nowhere ( which was actually really pretty and nice) so he could go to some comic book store...because some bloke who makes films owns it.

Although, last time we went we did go on a train to Hoboken to the Cake Boss shop to eat cakes. It was nice, but there was nowt else there.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Sally Magpie wrote:It got to the point where I had written the name of it on my hand, and just used to walk in and say to the geek behind the counter have you got x. It was easier because whenever he looked we ended up with more comics. Some Spiderman 1920's thing, Dead Walking thingy ( its now on tv here I think)

The time before we went to NYC and we got on a train for 90 minutes to go to some hick backwater in the middle of nowhere ( which was actually really pretty and nice) so he could go to some comic book store...because some bloke who makes films owns it.

Although, last time we went we did go on a train to Hoboken to the Cake Boss shop to eat cakes. It was nice, but there was nowt else there.

I have a friend in New York who's a comic book artist (Though he's recently moved over to LA), I'm not saying too much in the open forums though lol.
I don't actually seek out comics like that, I tend to just pick them up in shops and boot sales if I like the look of them. Probably fortunate for OH lol
Jane
Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Soap -I know its weird. For a while I made my own but - I have a short attention span, I'm too lazy, the crazy kitten would try to jump in the lye (pick whichever excuse works for me today) - so now I just buy. Particularly when I go away.
Shoes were a total obsession but since breaking my ankle and finding I just can't wear heels I wear MBTs and pretty much nothing else so I just window shop and lust after heels. I could almost be tempted by a pair of louboutin just to put on the mantlepiece and admire though;)
Makeup and nail varnish have reappeared in my obsessions list after a long (maybe 10 year) hiatus.
Stationary - I love little notebooks and pencils and.....
Bags too - not designer, just always looking for the perfect one. Recently I've started visiting charity shops again so have a totally unnecessary number of very cheap newly purchased pre-loved ones.
Clothes I guess - not that spend huge amounts but I do have far more than one person (or 6 people probably) actually need. Recently, having got fatter, I have ac tually had a bit clear out and about 7 big bags went to Oxfam but I *still* could clothe a small army.

Basically I'm a hoarder in training. No need to panick (yet) - there is still floor to be seen in every room - but if I was out of work and left on my own I fear I'd become one of those weird old ladies living amongs floor to ceiling piles of 'stuff' that I couldn't resist and couldn't bear to part with.
I watch hoarders both to remind myself where I don't wnat to get to, and to make myself feel a bit better about the amount of stuff we do have jammed in this little house.

Sorry - I got carried away there - oops!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:49 pm

HanSpan wrote:I watch hoarders both to remind myself where I don't wnat to get to, and to make myself feel a bit better about the amount of stuff we do have jammed in this little house.
PMSL, I do this. Laughing

I usually make myself feel better after each episode with a quick 5 minute attack on a pile that's been lying around for a while. Embarassed
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum