Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inspiration Thread

+2
ninjablossom
Geordie Nails
6 posters

Go down

The Inspiration Thread Empty The Inspiration Thread

Post  Geordie Nails Tue May 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Hello! I was having a mental block about what to put on my nails, and wondered if it might be nice to have a thread where we could give each other mani inspiration? The poster could start suggestions off with a colour/mood, or equally just be open to any ideas. What do you think? x
Geordie Nails
Geordie Nails

http://geordienails.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Inspiration Thread Empty Re: The Inspiration Thread

Post  ninjablossom Tue May 28, 2013 8:23 pm

nice idea.

Looking at the weather and the dark wintery feel - I think bright, loud, summery colours and designs are in order. Happy nails.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TarasTalons Wed May 29, 2013 10:14 am

That's a really good idea! I live near the beach so at the moment I'm inspired by different blues and bright colours from people on the beach. Also sandy textures.

TarasTalons

http://Tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sticky Wed May 29, 2013 7:56 pm

The days of the week represent different colours to me, so sometimes I paint my nails to match the days colour.

So I take inspiration from the day, if that makes sense. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Wed May 29, 2013 8:45 pm

what colour is each day?

Monday seems red to me...not sure about the others. I like red as well so thats odd.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sticky Wed May 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Obviously it's always changeable - weather / mood / outfit dependable, but for me, the definites are : Monday is green or blue, Wednesday is red or orange and Friday is always pink !

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzi Wed May 29, 2013 10:12 pm

I have no real ideas but look at what's around you; a colleagues top, a flower, look in traffic jams for colours that look good together and others that don't.

Look at everything and see if it goes or not. Is there a pretty fabric? Does it have texture? What is the texture? Netting, velvet, should it be foiled or glittering?

Once you get the hang of it, you can't stop seeing ideas... everywhere Embarassed
Linzi
Linzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu May 30, 2013 4:28 am

I am kinda the opposite, I have too many ideas floating around and can't decide what to pick, sometimes I have time constraints and others it is a skill level problem. Hoping my recent order of lots of false nails on spines will resolve the latter (hoping it turns up, ordered from Aliexpress after a recommendation on here)

I love gradients and I like doing them in different directions for a spin.

Reverse glitter gradients look amazing and you can pick some wonderful contrasting colours.

You can never go wrong with a glitter sandwich, makes glitter easier to wear if you can't be outrageous at work.

Laser lines are so simple but so effective, I think they look best over a gradient so the lines reveal multiple colours.

Reverse french tips also looks amazing.

One skill I want to master is stamping with Matte topcoat - think it looks very chic and effective. Need more patience though as quick drying topcoat really speeds it all up for me but obviously I cant use it for this technique.

I love the blog challenges when they take inspiration from their favourite song/film etc

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  TarasTalons Thu May 30, 2013 9:07 am

Linzi wrote:I have no real ideas but look at what's around you; a colleagues top, a flower, look in traffic jams for colours that look good together and others that don't.

Look at everything and see if it goes or not. Is there a pretty fabric? Does it have texture? What is the texture? Netting, velvet, should it be foiled or glittering?

Once you get the hang of it, you can't stop seeing ideas... everywhere Embarassed

I do that too, bedding and wallpaper seem to be really good for inspiration for patterns, shapes and colours

TarasTalons

http://Tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down