Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What annoys you?

+29
polishedpurple
geekybat
Jane
TattyScone
senta_mental
Sarah
weskers toyboy
annita008
kelpyg
stationaryace
Geordie Nails
martinsgirl
Sam
Wesker
kissmenow9
mmmmchocolate
Muffy
HanSpan
Sally Magpie
SueD
backhoe71
LoolaBeanbag
Babafette
starrystarry
Jasmina
shoppingaddict
ninjablossom
Laura
33 posters

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Go down

What annoys you? - Page 8 Empty Re: What annoys you?

Post  Sam Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:09 am

Hahaha when we were little we'd always eat a bag of crisps whilst walking around LEOS and my parents would pay for the empty packet :p
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:06 am

Boyfriend has annoyed me a little bit today Sad
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:17 am

Laura wrote:Boyfriend has annoyed me a little bit today Sad

I think that's just part of the deal Laura. Husbands are far worse Very Happy 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:20 am

Laura wrote:Boyfriend has annoyed me a little bit today Sad

Try living with mine!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:40 am

Mine works in Africa so he can only annoy me for half the year :p
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:49 am

OH making me feel like a shitty person all weekend. Neutral 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Babafette wrote:OH making me feel like a shitty person all weekend. Neutral 

That's not on Sad

People who instead of updating reference spreadsheets, save a new copy and leave both copies in the folder. Why?.. Because some one might need the old copy, which had all the same information minus what you just added? Because some one might not trust what you added so they will take the new one and the old one and compare? Or because they just like confusing people who see 2 copies and then come running to me about which to use? Because obviously its not immediately logical to go for the latest date one? And to add to all this, why I get informed of all this when 1) I'm not a manger and 2) I don't believe I'm the admin person, and I'm pretty sure we don't have an admin person on the basis that everyone is old enough, trained and responsible enough to save back a bloody document - but no seems not. ********

It's barely 10am and work has completely and utterly wound me up Sad Sad 
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:27 pm

People who can't be arsed communicating.Currently haven't been paid for one of my jobs for the last two weeks,was expecting to get a cheque today but no.no cheque and no communication....I need the bloody money!!
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Got a really nasty sore throat, woke up the last three days with it, awful Sad
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:22 pm

This is really petty but when on Facebook someone asks a question on their status and "likes" all of the answers except yours lol, well I won't bother next time!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:47 am

I fucking hate my brother...
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Sticky Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Just come back to work - been off since Thursday, and apart from the very few decent people here, people just look at you like 'Ehhh, you're here' with a sneery look. Feel like poking their eyes out. Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post  martinsgirl Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:17 am

Trains!
Yesterday my train home was cancelled and the one after was delayed. Today they had signalling problems again and the staff at the station couldn't even tell us if trains were coming or not until they arrived. Ended up on a replacement bus that didn't even stop at my station Evil or Very Mad  plus the bus was boiling in the sun and some wee brat kept kicking my seat. Ugh.
martinsgirl
martinsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:28 am

Last edited by Jasmina on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:54 am

I'm the only one in my team that isn't a parent. The patents get time off here there and everywhere. I ask for a couple of hours off to wait home for a delivery I get told no, I have to book the morning off work.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:01 am

martinsgirl wrote:Trains!
Yesterday my train home was cancelled and the one after was delayed. Today they had signalling problems again and the staff at the station couldn't even tell us if trains were coming or not until they arrived. Ended up on a replacement bus that didn't even stop at my station Evil or Very Mad  plus the bus was boiling in the sun and some wee brat kept kicking my seat. Ugh.

Don't even get me started on ****ing trains. AAAARRRGGGHHH. How can they charge so much and provide SUCH a **** service. Everytime I've travelled from Maidstone back home to Swansea it's been an absolute disaster. Last time nothing was going via Reading due to one of those infamous signal failures, so I had to travel back across london, then go some backwards route via Basingstoke (wherever that may be). Was supposed to get in at 11:30pm. Try 2am. Not. Happy.

And when I went home for Christmas, the trains were only going as far as Bristol (no one told us why, but probably safe to assume a signal failure), with a replacement bus to Newport, and then just on your own from there... Ticket inspector hid for the whole journey, until we got to Bristol when he announced that we would be going all the way to Swansea after all! So I didn't have to kill anyone, which was nice.

Sorry, rant over Embarassed 
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 am

shoppingaddict wrote:I'm the only one in my team that isn't a parent. The patents get time off here there and everywhere. I ask for a couple of hours off to wait home for a delivery I get told no, I have to book the morning off work.

I may be a parent but I've been an employer in the past, and am sticking my neck out here by saying this but given the choice of employing a parent over a non parent I think that an employer should be allowed to consider that parents have a bigger and more important responsibility than work. If a child is poorly and needs to be home from school, the parent has to take the day/rest of the day off and is unable to give any notice to the employer. Schools send children home pretty much at the child's request at our school. Parents have to be available to take children to medical appointments, attend school appointments, maybe the childminder has let them down - there are numerous spanners to be thrown in the works of event the best organised parents.
Businesses exist to make money, and an employee who can commit fully is unfortunately more cost effective.

I also believe that there should be companies who see the value of and capitalise on the mummymarket and are able to attract and accommodate mums whose career has taken a hit due to becoming a parent! We need on site crèches to be commonplace and there are workable solutions to the time constraints, in a company comprised of this specific labour group these could be easily built in.

I'll just hop off my soap box now.......Laughing 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:03 am

This weather. I hate it. How long till winter?
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Tbh loola I'm not sure what you are trying to say but quite frankly I'm getting annoyed at being discriminated against because I don't have kids!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Laughing 
People with kids face difficulties that those without don't. An employer should be able to choose the latter (and many do) but there should be companies who are geared to purely employing parents. Parent Apartheid I guess!
I am so going to get thumped one of these days.......
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:43 pm

It did used to really wind me up at work when the people with young children would swan in late, leave when they wanted/needed, not turn up and just generally get preferential treatment, while I was bollocked for clocking in at 8:03 Mad Mad 
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Last week one of the members of my team called in to say her little one was ill and she couldn't come in. Fair enough. That afternoon however there were pictures on facebook of her and her mum and little one playing in the garden. That hacked me right off.

Kids need dentist or docs etc. Mum can take the time off no problem. Me, I need to make the time up.

Sports day, of course off you go. I'm left holding the fort.

Any after hours meetings required everyone pipes up with their childcare issues, I'm left doing it and I'm made to feel guilty if I can't do it cause I have a prior engagement.

I go to college on day release so can only have holidays during school holidays same as parents. Yet I'm not allowed to book half terms off to go away because the parents get priority. Apparently I can go away any time of year. So when I try and book something 'any time of the year', I get a bollocking because work are paying for me to go to college and no go on holiday. Er, well when can I go then! Oh June, thats it?!!!

Christmas, as I'm limited to time I can take off due to others childcare issues I generally try to use the christmas shutdown to use up my holiday. But no I can't do it as the others need it off because its family time.

Pisses me off no end. Sorry to those with children who I might offend but quite frankly I'm hacked off that I've had to use a mornings annual leave when others can come and go as they please.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:55 pm

It's a pisstake SA but I don't really see any way it can be prevented Sad

Speaking of pisstake, people who piss on the toilet seat :/ think it was my brother grr
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:58 pm

shoppingaddict wrote:Last week one of the members of my team called in to say her little one was ill and she couldn't come in. Fair enough. That afternoon however there were pictures on facebook of her and her mum and little one playing in the garden. That hacked me right off.

Kids need dentist or docs etc. Mum can take the time off no problem. Me, I need to make the time up.

Sports day, of course off you go. I'm left holding the fort.

Any after hours meetings required everyone pipes up with their childcare issues, I'm left doing it and I'm made to feel guilty if I can't do it cause I have a prior engagement.

I go to college on day release so can only have holidays during school holidays same as parents. Yet I'm not allowed to book half terms off to go away because the parents get priority. Apparently I can go away any time of year. So when I try and book something 'any time of the year', I get a bollocking because work are paying for me to go to college and no go on holiday. Er, well when can I go then! Oh June, thats it?!!!

Christmas, as I'm limited to time I can take off due to others childcare issues I generally try to use the christmas shutdown to use up my holiday. But no I can't do it as the others need it off because its family time.

Pisses me off no end. Sorry to those with children who I might offend but quite frankly I'm hacked off that I've had to use a mornings annual leave when others can come and go as they please.

This hacks me off no end - Andy's been having this at work recently too, because he's the youngest and has no kids he's expected to come bottom of the pile for time off. We've had to cancel plans twice now because his central office has OK'd his leave then his manager has turned around and given it to someone else because of childcare.

Also, interesting and related point, if anyone of them say that they're taking their kid to the opticians, you might want to double check because Andy's shop is not legally allowed to take children's appointments during school hours. I believe this goes for doctors and dentists (apart from emergencies) as well.
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:03 am

My stepdad just came into the living room where I was watching TV on my computer and put the main TV on over it. How fucking rude, I've really had it with living with this foul cunt of a man. It gets worse every day.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum