Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What annoys you?

+29
polishedpurple
geekybat
Jane
TattyScone
senta_mental
Sarah
weskers toyboy
annita008
kelpyg
stationaryace
Geordie Nails
martinsgirl
Sam
Wesker
kissmenow9
mmmmchocolate
Muffy
HanSpan
Sally Magpie
SueD
backhoe71
LoolaBeanbag
Babafette
starrystarry
Jasmina
shoppingaddict
ninjablossom
Laura
33 posters

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

What annoys you? - Page 27 Empty Re: What annoys you?

Post  JackieP Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:21 am

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Windows fan either. I'm more a fan of open source technologies. If I had my way I'd be running linux all the time.

I also wasn't having a pop at Apple fans (well at least not the non rabid Steve Jobs worshipping types). I just don't like Apple as a company, their philosophy and the closed nature of their system has always gone against the grain for me. But we're all different (certainly no offence meant to you Laura!). Smile
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:24 am

Babafette wrote:I'm so upset - we have a new neighbour on our private road who moved in last year and who is now causing a great deal of distress to everyone else on the road at the moment. We've received a letter from her already accusing us of moving her fence and she's just put another one through the door accusing us of planting on what she sees as her land. Mad Crying or Very sad 

I hate confrontation and I know OH is going to go absolutely ballistic when he sees the letter. No
My mom lives next door to somebody like that (she's a drama queen who uses fake illnesses in an attempt to get her own way too). Worst of it is they're cousins! They just don't speak anymore, though it doesn't stop the cousin from trying to stir things up with the landlord when she sees an opportunity.

Some people are just born vindictive!
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:30 am

I've got an iPhone, iPad and an iMac. I only use windows at work now.

I love the simplicity of it. My mum has an android and is forever asking me how to do stuff. When she first got it she wanted me to connect it to the wifi, took me bloody ages to do it an I'm not bad with technology whilst it would have taken 30 secs on my the iPhone.

Going to start queuing from 5am Friday. Most people think I'm sad and a bit strange but I don't care. It's my money and I'll spend it on what I like!

However these same people do think that my nail polish collection is also stupid so I really need to find other people to hang around with!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mmmmchocolate Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 am

shoppingaddict wrote:It's my money and I'll spend it on what I like!
Now that I agree with Smile
mmmmchocolate
mmmmchocolate

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:02 am

shoppingaddict wrote:Most people think I'm sad and a bit strange but I don't care.
Story of my life. You think you've got problems, try explaining to people who've never even heard of Linux that you attend a LUG (Linux User Group) as a social activity. Very Happy

That said, I haven't been for a while, but still, you get my point!
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:15 am

I do jackie!!!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 am

The fact that it has been practically impossible to find a decent wedding anniversary card for my husband,which doesn't have a stupid four page gushy poem in it.I just want one that says Happy Anniversary Evil or Very Mad 
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:41 am

can you buy a blank one and personalise it? I come from a very unemotional family so buying mothers day cards with out all that gushy 'best mom ever' stuff is a pain, so I just get a blank one with a cat on the front or similar. Smile
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:42 am

We don't do cards Sue! I told him that for our 14 year anniversary in August the traditional gift for 14 years was polish. I gave him car polish, and I don't think I need go any further......!!

LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:45 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:We don't do cards Sue! I told him that for our 14 year anniversary in August the traditional gift for 14 years was polish. I gave him car polish, and I don't think I need go any further......!!
PMSL!!! Laughing 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:52 am

Laura wrote:I'm always a bit annoyed by people who slag off Apple and Apple fans, we all like what we like, I don't take too kindly to being called a trendy hipster.

I just find the iPhone the easiest to use.
Me too. And houlier than thou android users get my back up. Thinking they're superior and unique because they "went against the majority" and got a Samsung galaxy sWHATEVER. When 99% of non apple users also have a Samsung Galaxy sWHATEVER. It doesn't make you cool or unique or a nerd or anything because you've got an android rather than an iPhone.

My iphone does everything I need it to do, it's simple, it looks nice, it syncs perfectly with my laptop. I can sync my music and photos without having to search for a lead or even press a button. It's just done instantly through wifi/iCloud. I have an app for everything I could possibly need an app for. My iphone has completely replaced my need for a laptop. Being an iPhone doesn't make it crap or less of a phone. It's a bloody brilliant phone regardless of the fact it's made by apple.

Having used an android phone regularly because my OH is an android user and having to help my dad use his android phone there's absolutely no way I'd go from my iphone to that.

End of rant Laughing
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:11 am

ninjablossom wrote:can you buy a blank one and personalise it? I come from a very unemotional family so buying mothers day cards with out all that gushy 'best mom ever' stuff is a pain, so I just get a blank one with a cat on the front or similar. Smile
Well I bought one with a nice picture and am going to stick a label over the crappy sentiment inside Very Happy Didn't help that most of the times I went looking for one I was pissed off with him anyway....Embarassed 
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:16 am

my ex is like that - soooooo anti Apple that he thinks his Samsung is amazing and holier than though about it. thats why I ask if an android phone has a message app on a PC laptop - because the seamless syncing between my devices is fab and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have that. But I'd like to check before I mention it Very Happy
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:16 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:We don't do cards Sue! I told him that for our 14 year anniversary in August the traditional gift for 14 years was polish. I gave him car polish, and I don't think I need go any further......!!

Damn, I want our 14th anniversary again, that was a missed opportunity, lol.
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:18 am

Just checked what a 20th anniversary is and it's China....which could be translated as China Glaze ?Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Trouble is Loola, we don't do pressies so I feel I have to buy a card!
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:24 am

ninjablossom wrote:my ex is like that - soooooo anti Apple that he thinks his Samsung is amazing and holier than though about it. thats why I ask if an android phone has a message app on a PC laptop - because the seamless syncing between my devices is fab and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have that. But I'd like to check before I mention it Very Happy
There is an app for that, yeah, though the name escapes me. There may actually be more than one. I don't really use it though, but did try it briefly for sending texts to my tablet.

I'm not a holier than thou Android user btw, it's just what suits me. I like being able to tweak things, you can't really do that as much with an iPhone. But I'm no elitist, we all use what suits us. Android isn't perfect, no system is really there are always pros and cons. My loathing of Apple as a company goes back way further than the iPhone. But I'm not preaching to anyone, just expressing my own feelings! Smile
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:04 am

My Facebook friend's 6 year old kid is throwing a massive tantrum apparently because he has no memory on his games console to play his new game.

The new game? Grand Theft Auto.

*judgy judgy judgy*
Geordie Nails
Geordie Nails

http://geordienails.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:15 am

Geordie Nails wrote:My Facebook friend's 6 year old kid is throwing a massive tantrum apparently because he has no memory on his games console to play his new game.

*judgy judgy judgy*
Shocked Shocked Shocked 
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:35 am

Geordie Nails wrote:My Facebook friend's 6 year old kid is throwing a massive tantrum apparently because he has no memory on his games console to play his new game.

*judgy judgy judgy*
omg
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:41 am

Isn't that rated 18 or something?!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:47 am

It is. I've been judgy about her before on here, she leaves the kid alone in his bedroom on Teamspeak playing Call of Duty.
Geordie Nails
Geordie Nails

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:07 am

...I do feel bad for being judgy because I'm sure being a "perfect parent" is bloody hard. It is very shocking to me though because I grew up in an ultra-conservative house where my parents never let me watch/play anything inappropriate!
Geordie Nails
Geordie Nails

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:55 am

Geordie Nails wrote:...I do feel bad for being judgy because I'm sure being a "perfect parent" is bloody hard. It is very shocking to me though because I grew up in an ultra-conservative house where my parents never let me watch/play anything inappropriate!
I think leaving a 6 yr old kid unattended playing an adult game, and worse, on Teamspeak, would be classed as bad parenting in most peoples books! Wow!
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:57 pm

The latest Candy Crush Saga update has messed it up. It just keeps switching back and forth from loading Facebook. Gutted Sad
Geordie Nails
Geordie Nails

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:24 pm

I just deleted Candy Crush yesterday, fed up with it.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum