Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nails for a wedding

+2
LoolaBeanbag
kissmenow9
6 posters

Go down

Nails for a wedding Empty Nails for a wedding

Post  kissmenow9 Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Friday morning me, my sister and my mum are going to go get our nails done before her wedding on Saturday. However I have no idea what to get done :(I was hoping that my nails might be long and strong enough for a simple, nice french manicure but they're still peeling and are oddly shaped and short.

I really don't want acrylics - is there an alternative to this?
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Nails for a wedding Empty Re: Nails for a wedding

Post  LoolaBeanbag Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:04 am

I've never been to a salon kissme, but I've read something about silk wraps somewhere, being a less damaging alternative. It may be worth a quick Google unless anyone knows about these ?
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  kelpyg Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:21 am

I’ve had gelish nails on mine when they’ve been peeling and the come up pretty well it doesn’t make them any longer but it does hide  peeling nails
kelpyg
kelpyg

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:53 am

I had gel nails done about a year ago- they looked great and lasted for ages (about 3 weeks). But when I took them off, my nails were totally destroyed. All peely and dry, they took months to recover. Don't do it!
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  candyrain Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:10 am

I think it depends how long it's cured for, I think I remember my friend who regularly gets gel nails done that her therapist told her if they over cure it can damage the nail.
candyrain
candyrain

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:11 am

candyrain wrote:I think it depends how long it's cured for, I think I remember my friend who regularly gets gel nails done that her therapist told her if they over cure it can damage the nail.

I bet that's what happened candy. The therapist was a friend of a friend and I let her try out her first set on me- won't be making that mistake again XD
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  kelpyg Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:23 am

Mine were in better condition afterwards I think because they were protected while I was sailing.
kelpyg
kelpyg

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 pm

How do you take gel nails off? What about shellac?
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  kelpyg Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:58 am

I took my gel nails off with the foil method I use for glitters except I scuffed the surface of the polish first it was pretty easy.
kelpyg
kelpyg

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzi Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Im sorry that its a bit late, but its always there for the next person! Smile

candyrain wrote:I think it depends how long it's cured for, I think I remember my friend who regularly gets gel nails done that her therapist told her if they over cure it can damage the nail.
Overcuring will cause the product to become brittle but this is down to UV intensity and not length of time in the lamp. Undercuring can cause allergic reactions to the product. That's why it's important to use the lamp that was designed to use with the product.

It's not the product but either improper prep or removal (biting, picking) that will cause damage. If the nails are too long for your lifestyle (if you're working in an office then your nails cant be too long, etc), the constant banging of the nails when trying to do something will cause damage and potentially cause lifting of the natural nails. It is important to note that properly applied and removed traditional hard gel or liquid and powder enhancements will not damage the nails either, but I would not recommend them unless you want to commit to wearing enhancements full time. Your alternative is a short and snappy shellac or gel polish manicure.

There is a product called brisa lite, from CND. The sculpting gel will allow your technician to either make sure that your nails are  all the same length by evening up your misshapen nails or they can sculpt every nail to give you extra length to your enhancement. The beauty of this product is that it requires absolutely no filing of the natural nail prior to application.

It can be soaked off by wrapping in cotton and foil. Shellac is the same. Wrap it up with acetone or nourishing remover. If using acetone,  you will need 10 minutes when wrapped properly, nourishing remover works in 8 minutes. You do not need to buff the surface prior to applying the wraps.

As to the design, you can have anything at all - from embedded glitter rockstars,  foils, swarovski crystals,  simple, plain shellac colour or even a nice nude with pearls embedded. Art with pure pigment powders, etc.

When I consult with a bridal client,  we create a mood board with different ideas so we can choose the design that she likes most.
Linzi
Linzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down