Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polish peeling off all in one piece

+6
Whoami
LoolaBeanbag
Sarah
Wesker
SueD
Laura
10 posters

Go down

Polish peeling off all in one piece Empty Polish peeling off all in one piece

Post  Laura Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Hey ladies, last few weeks my nail polish has been peeling off in one complete piece (helpful for removal, but not so good any other time!)...

At first I thought it was my base coat, I normally use regular Nail Envy but I've got a bottle of matte at the moment as it's cheaper. Though I've been doing my nails without a base coat and the same thing happens!

It's never happened before really so it's all a bit odd. One just popped off earlier while I was putting my pants on... Laughing

Any ideas?
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Polish peeling off all in one piece Empty Re: Polish peeling off all in one piece

Post  SueD Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:56 pm

Could it be something to do with the heat ? It sometimes happens to me when I have loads of layers on though.
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Polish peeling off all in one piece Empty Re: Polish peeling off all in one piece

Post  Wesker Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:08 pm

It happens to me sometimes too, not sure why as it happens with different combinations of polish/top coat etc scratch 
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:10 pm

Only other thing is do you swipe over the nail with remover before applying everything,to remove any oil /grease on the nails? Mine lasts a lot longer since I learnt that tip Smile
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:58 pm

This happens to me every time I use nails inc polishes. Wiping nails with nail polish remover as Sue suggests seems to help. Also avoid a hot bath or anything within a few hours after
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Laura wrote:

It's never happened before really so it's all a bit odd. One just popped off earlier while I was putting my pants on... Laughing

Any ideas?

Go commando?
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:37 pm

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
Laura wrote:

Any ideas?

Go commando?

LOL sometimes I do (TMI?) only the other day my dress blew up in the middle of town, thankfully I was wearing leggings or it would have been hideous Laughing
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 pm

I do make sure my nails are clean etc, I wonder if my Seche Vite is the problem Mad 
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Whoami Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 pm

Sorry, no help but I love it when it peels whole - so satisfying to try and peel the rest Razz 

Whoami

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 am

do you know I think it might be my Seche Vite, just done my nails and it was so gloopy. Just bought another refill bottle on eBay Very Happy
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Shezza Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:34 am

The only time I've had this has been when I used Seche Vite over a full glitter polish. The polish popped off the whole nail in one piece, just like a false nail.
Shezza
Shezza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:00 am

I've only had this when I've done the dishes not long after painting my nails. So now I just don't wash the dishes.

You don't want to see my kitchen when John's away...
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
Laura wrote:

Any ideas?

Go commando?
PMSL!!! Laughing 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 am

I only seem to get it when I have a lot of layers on.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down