Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gosh holographic

+16
meeko
nailaddict
Jasmina
RainbowNails
Wesker
Sally Magpie
Elisebutt65
starrystarry
Jei70
Sarah
Babafette
Dragonette
Becca
Jane
kissmenow9
shoppingaddict
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Gosh holographic  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gosh holographic

Post  Jasmina Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:02 am

I got some in Birmingham today, so excited. I have nfu-oh no61 but I wanted this as well. They had number 549 on the shelf but none on display so I asked for help. Think in my excitement I couldn't open the drawer myself. I did the unthinkable and took advantage of the 3-4-2, so addicted. Apologies to any other ladies in the area desperate for it, I couldn't help myself.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:06 am

Ive just applied mine again. Please dont hate me girls but im still not struck on this, its ok, but there are a dozen polishes Id choose before it I think.

DD loves it though.
Jane
Jane
Admin

http://pulliptears.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  nailaddict Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:35 am

I picked up a couple in my local Superdrug today. There was plenty of stock so it seems to be filtering through now. I hope all that are looking out for it are able to grab a bottle. I haven't yet used it but will post a pic when I do. Smile

nailaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  meeko Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:36 am

Hi, i'm new to here but have been lurking on mse for a few months and decided to join you lot here in the dark side Laughing
I would love to have the new holo but haven't managed to find any in my not so local yet so was wondering if any of you lovely ladies wouldn't mind picking me up a spare one if you happen to see them and i'll send you the money via bank, paypal etc obviously a bit extra to cover postage and before you send it Very Happy
Hope thats not to cheeky Embarassed

meeko

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 am

meeko wrote:Hi, i'm new to here but have been lurking on mse for a few months and decided to join you lot here in the dark side Laughing
I would love to have the new holo but haven't managed to find any in my not so local yet so was wondering if any of you lovely ladies wouldn't mind picking me up a spare one if you happen to see them and i'll send you the money via bank, paypal etc obviously a bit extra to cover postage and before you send it Very Happy

I'll try and get a spare next time i'm in town but not sure when that will be as i'm working most of the weekend Crying or Very sad

Whats your location btw?
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  meeko Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:56 am

*Wesker* wrote:
meeko wrote:Hi, i'm new to here but have been lurking on mse for a few months and decided to join you lot here in the dark side Laughing

I'll try and get a spare next time i'm in town but not sure when that will be as i'm working most of the weekend Crying or Very sad

Whats your location btw?

Hi, i'm in bristol, that'd be great Very Happy I did check my nearest one this week but none in yet and i struggle to get there very often with work, kids etc etc. Don't go out of your way just for me though! I'll post on here if i manage to get one and yeah Crying or Very sad to work, i'm off at the moment but am back week after next Crying or Very sad

Last edited by meeko on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added to it)

meeko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillyx Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My little haul from today. The holo was just bunged in with the rest of the polishes, I almost missed it!
Gillyx
Gillyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonette Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 am

I had just finished the top coat over the first layer of colout when a frantic Dr call for my OH resulted him being in hospital overnight and me feeling guiltyas sin for having to leave him in there.

The shiny nails did amuse both of us tho - as he asked me to do one of his toenails and is now in a hosp gown with one shiny toenail Very Happy
Dragonette
Dragonette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:09 pm

That doesn't sound like fun. Hope he is okay
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonette Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:51 pm

I can pick him up at 1 woooo!! The hosp pharmacy isn't open till 12 as its the weekend. Thank goodness, I think he would walked out otherwise as he will not miss the Fringe tonight Smile Probably a chronic condition but nothing we can't handle and work around. Between us we have enough to teach student doctors for several terms so one more thing isn't going to break us.

Apparently he hid his shiny toe all night too Smile Smile Once I've whizzed round the housework I'll put a second coat of holo on. I'm not mad keen on the silver but love the effect so want to see how it looks properly. That said, I usually avoid pale colours and I think it makes my nails look longer and more elegant Very Happy I'll ask OH to help me take a decent pic once its on
Dragonette
Dragonette

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Dragonette wrote:I had just finished the top coat over the first layer of colour when a frantic Dr call for my OH resulted him being in hospital overnight and me feeling guilty as sin for having to leave him in there.
Dragonette wrote:I can pick him up at 1 woooo!!
I hope your OH is OK and out of hospital now Dragonette.
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:30 am

Managed to pick some up yesterday. The smaller superdrug in town had 3, but the bigger one didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Wore it out last night and got lots of comments. Coated in seche vite but there are a couple of chips already.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Ok, to report back..

Applied the Holo on Friday, base coat Rimmel Matte, 2 coats Holo, top coat Sally Hansen followed by a final single coat of Holo to revive the sheen. It's still perfect.

I've spent a weekend demolishing beds, up and down the tip, I've cleaned, gardened and generally put my hands through hell. The only chip on my nails is from where I broke a nail on Saturday. I'm amazed.

I'm taking it off later today, but it seems to make it last, thats the way to go.
Jane
Jane
Admin

http://pulliptears.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RainbowNails Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 pm

pulliptears wrote:Ok, to report back..

Applied the Holo on Friday, base coat Rimmel Matte, 2 coats Holo, top coat Sally Hansen followed by a final single coat of Holo to revive the sheen. It's still perfect.

I've spent a weekend demolishing beds, up and down the tip, I've cleaned, gardened and generally put my hands through hell. The only chip on my nails is from where I broke a nail on Saturday. I'm amazed.

I'm taking it off later today, but it seems to make it last, thats the way to go.

Yay I am glad it worked for you as well. Funny enough rimmel matte is the one I use as it is the only one I own.
RainbowNails
RainbowNails

Back to top Go down

Post  veelicious Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:22 am

RainbowNails wrote:
pulliptears wrote:Ok, to report back..

Yay I am glad it worked for you as well. Funny enough rimmel matte is the one I use as it is the only one I own.

This is exactly the same for me too! I love the brush of the Rimmel Matte as it only takes one stroke to do each nail Very Happy

veelicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonette Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:47 am

Hi all,

really late post. Holo has lasted quite well with an OPI base/top coat (Base - Holo -Top - Holo). And has lasted 4 days so far Smile Its started to chip ever so slightly, will be removing it to attempt gradients tomorrow

Natural Light with flash (on phone)

Electric Light wit flash (on phone)

Second is fuzzy as I took it. Dots are No.7 and stargazer blues
Like a Star @ heaven
Dragonette
Dragonette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:16 am

I just did my usual routine: OPI Natural Nail basecoat, 2 coats of polish, 1 coat of Seche Vite and it lasted 4 days until I took it off. No chips, other than where I broke a corner off my index finger again.

So pretty...
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:12 am

I did mine on Friday. Since then i've been to the pub, clubbing, a&e, used crutches, ice skating, played football.. as well as all the usual daily things.

After friday it had chipped a bit around the tips, so I did another coat on Saturday and it's lasting really well. No chips or anything since.

I didn't use a base coat so i've got 1 coat of holo, one of seche vite then a coat of holo on top.

Very impressed
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:55 pm

I definitely think Gosh lasts longer than nfu-oh had mine on for 3 days and it's only got tip wear. I used top coat and it hasn't dulled that much. On a side note has anyone noticed the crazy prices it is going for on eBay? Madness

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  lubbacat Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:03 am

I can't find it Sad
Despite checking my local Superdrug.

lubbacat

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:09 am

Jasmina wrote:I definitely think Gosh lasts longer than nfu-oh had mine on for 3 days and it's only got tip wear. I used top coat and it hasn't dulled that much. On a side note has anyone noticed the crazy prices it is going for on eBay? Madness

Tempting prices for those with an extra bottle! Don't think I can part with mine though.....
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:32 am

shoppingaddict wrote:
Jasmina wrote:I definitely think Gosh lasts longer than nfu-oh had mine on for 3 days and it's only got tip wear. I used top coat and it hasn't dulled that much. On a side note has anyone noticed the crazy prices it is going for on eBay? Madness

Tempting prices for those with an extra bottle! Don't think I can part with mine though.....

I got my spares because I knew I would love it and use it all up. I can see it being discontinued because stuff I love always is. I feel a bit sorry for all the people paying over thr odds for it, but I know in desperation I would do the same.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3