Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haven't updated my blog in a while

5 posters

Go down

Haven't updated my blog in a while Empty Haven't updated my blog in a while

Post  kissmenow9 Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Because quite frankly, I feel like whenever I put polish on my nails, it goes wrong in some way. Either I get it all over my fingers (right hand) or it smudges because I'm too impatient to wait for it to dry or I touch it or something.

I also feel that I don't really have any *special* skills or polishes and that no-one really wants to see the 'boring' things that I can offer. I guess it's a bit of a chore now.

Oh, sigh. Lol. How do I make it fun again?!
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Haven't updated my blog in a while Empty Re: Haven't updated my blog in a while

Post  Wesker Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:39 pm

I think you need to talk to xoxo, she's feeling like that too Sad

I know what you mean tho, i've only been doing my nails for a few months and have bought over 100 polishes Shocked
but a lot of them are still untried.
I still like doing my nails but it can feel like a bit of a chore sometimes, i mean like you put basecoat on, wait for it to dry,
2 or 3 coats of polish, wait for each one to dry, then top coat, wait for it to dry...and even when you think they are dry you can still smudge one.
I tend to do mine in the evening but dont feel they are thoroughly dry until the morning, it is a time consuming hobby, and you cant really do much else while you are waiting for them to dry Neutral
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:04 am

Little secret... I've stopped putting a base coat on Embarassed

I have to say though, I think it might have been the base coat that was making my nails peel, since stopping it they've been much better.

I have a few gorgeous untried ones, Models Own glitters, but I just cba with the removal when I want to take them off!
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:38 am

Yh i went mad on glitters at first but they are a pita Mad
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:06 am

kissmenow9 wrote:Little secret... I've stopped putting a base coat on Embarassed

I have to say though, I think it might have been the base coat that was making my nails peel, since stopping it they've been much better.

I have a few gorgeous untried ones, Models Own glitters, but I just cba with the removal when I want to take them off!

It could have been, or could have been that your nails were too oily (naturally, im not suggesting you're a grease ball Laughing )

Try washing them with soap and water then drying them fully then wipe over with a nail polish remover to take away some of the natural oils before you apply any polish. Should help with peeling Very Happy I've found certain brands just peel off no matter what I do though (nails inc.... Evil or Very Mad )

For removing the glitters try using pva as a base coat, then it'll come off easy peasy Very Happy

I was going to start a blog a little while ago, but found the effort of having to redo my nails a few times a week no matter what was taking the fun out of nails for me. So I gave up before any of my pics made it to the blog. Then I bought some plastic nails to paint rather than redoing my own all the time but again, found it took the fun away Sad
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 am

I've found I bizarrely enjoy organising the polishes and painting nail wheels with weird combinations more entertaining than painting my own nails. So I'm kind of going with it.
Its not like nail wheels cost alot and I can paint 5 in a colour then try 5 different top coats then admire. All without having to deal with my cuticles and the mess of painting them and trying to clean it off!

The only thing that really doesn't worh on wheels is stamping so I pretty much paint my own nails once a week then, when they are starting to look shabby, I spend an evening playing with stamping and making a mess, then take it off and have a few naked days. Rinse and repeat.

It means I've still got loads of untried on nals but I have enjoyed weird combinations of them on nail wheels and I've got a better idea of what i like when I do paint my own nails.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Sossidge Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Do you use the tin foil method for glitter removal? I no longer have glitter fear any more, as it's so easy to get off. (cut cotton wool pads up into small pieces, soak in polish remover, place on nail, wrap nail with tin foil, sit with alien fingers for ten min, all comes off dead easy).

Also, have you got yourself a quick dry top coat? I use Sally Hansen insta-dri and it's so much easy because that dries your polish to touch dry within 60 seconds, so a lot less chance of smudging.
Princess Sossidge
Princess Sossidge

http://www.nuthinbutanailthing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down