Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips £1

+2
Sarah
Wesker
6 posters

Go down

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips £1 Empty Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips £1

Post  Wesker Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Just been in Poundland and found some of these Very Happy
I bought 3 Embarassed
I've seen them for £3-£4 in other shops

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips £1 Empty Re: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips £1

Post  Sarah Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:31 am

oooh i like the glittery ones Very Happy
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips £1 Empty Re: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips £1

Post  Babafette Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:18 am

That's a really good price, I've seen them in TKMaxx for much more than that. Smile
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 am

I've just opened one and you get a mini nail file and an orange stick in each pack Very Happy

*guess who's going back to have another nosey tomorrow* Laughing
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 am

I don't blame you! I love the lace look one. I love you
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 am

They have them cheap on fragrance direct.com as well but didn't want to buy them in case they were as awkward as the Mylene Klass ones I got for my bday. They went straight back for a refund. Can you update us with a little review?

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:12 am

Babafette wrote:I don't blame you! I love the lace look one. I love you

Yeah unfortunately i didnt see the lace one there (that pic isnt the ones i bought)
I got Blue Ice

Check it Out

and Love letter

(Random pics from t'internet)

Probably wont get a chance to try them till the weekend though Neutral
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:03 pm

I really like the look of these, are they difficult to use? I want the lace one!

I've never tried foils or wraps or anything like that so not sure how they work.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:57 am

I'm applying these now, bit of a nightmare...
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 am

I never did reply to this as to how i got on with them Embarassed

I did have a quick go with one and it didnt seem to stick at all but thought it was probably cos i didnt read the instructions properly Laughing

Couldnt be arsed trying the others Rolling Eyes

There's probably a good reason they were in Poundland Laughing
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 am

Right, I have just finished applying them!

They look nice, but they're a nightmare. For a start, they're not very sticky. I've had to glue them down at the tips which I know I'm going to regret!

Secondly, they are FAR too long and filing them off without ripping them is tricky. I've had to fill a couple of rips in with Barry M Gold Foil (I'm wearing the leopard print ones).

They're OK, I would probably buy them again for a pound. But for any more than that they would be more trouble than they're worth.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 am

You got a lot further than i did Laughing

I was thinking maybe trying sticking them on top of a still slightly tacky basecoat?

Must have another go at these Cool
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:18 am

I found Outdoor Girl nail wraps (they don't look like the cheapie nasty foily things) and as well as the Sally Hansen nail effects thingies (only plain neons and a graphic black'n white in my local) I picked up a couple of packs of the Hansen 14 day nail shields in a pale pearly pink. Haven't tried any of them as yet as I also got a couple of Sinful Colors polishes, two Revlons and some Hansen Complete mainure polishes to try out first. If I ever work out how to post pics on here I'll add one.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down