Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frankening adventures

+10
ninjablossom
Lain
Babafette
Sally Magpie
HanSpan
LoolaBeanbag
kissmenow9
Sarah
shoppingaddict
Jasmina
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Frankening adventures Empty Frankening adventures

Post  Jasmina Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:19 am

My new glitter arrived today so had a play already:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not sure what to call the gold one yet but the mulit glitter will be "angel tears"

Blurry to show all the sparkle. I want to name this something to do with princesses. It's too pink for "glass slippers" but it really magical in the bottle.

Last edited by Jasmina on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Frankening adventures Empty Re: Frankening adventures

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:27 am

Ohhhhhh sparkly!!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:47 am

Sooo shinnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shocked
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:07 am

Soooooooo pretty! Where do you get your glitters from?
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:24 am

kissmenow9 wrote:Soooooooo pretty! Where do you get your glitters from?

eBay. They are solvent resistant and it truly makes all the difference. I have plenty of disasters in my box ha ha.
Waiting for some golden hearts, I was sent stars instead and the seller agreed to let me keep them and send out my order. Well haven't got them yet so think they have been lost. Emailed them again to ask for another invoice, I just want them so badly.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:26 am

Do you just use normal polish to put the glitters in?
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:43 am

Yes mainly clear polish as I don't have any suspension base so have to shake like crazy as contents do settle. I read so many blogs and discovered there is a chemical I can add to create a suspended fluid but the smallest quantity I could order online was 500g which I think is too much, if I did it wrong I would have wasted loads of materials.

My Spectraflair needs a good stir and shake but I happily do it.

I have found it easier with coloured polish as the consistency holds it better. I added Spectraflair to no 7 beautiful skies and it's beautiful. The contents haven't sunk or require any shaking.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 am

What about the Glitter Food (ex fix a flat) from Nail Pattern Boldness? It seems to get very good reviews for lifting sinking glitter. I've seen it in their etsy shop, Llarowe have sold out but there may be other places that sell it or similar?
Love the sparkly silver polish, did you feel like a mad scientist?!! bom It looks great fun..
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:What about the Glitter Food (ex fix a flat) from Nail Pattern Boldness? It seems to get very good reviews for lifting sinking glitter. I've seen it in their etsy shop, Llarowe have sold out but there may be other places that sell it or similar?
Love the sparkly silver polish, did you feel like a mad scientist?!! bom It looks great fun..

I haven't heard of that one, might have a nosy and see if it's worth me investing. I know a lot of websites weren't prepared to ship smaller quantities anymore and some wouldn't ship to uk anymore. Seems to be a problem with Spectraflair as well, the person I bought from doesn't have any for sale right now. She does have the duo-chrome powders, considering those for a new franken experiment.

I find it quite addictive but I make more than I use, think I get the enjoyment from making them. I reach for my stash first when I paint my nails. Although my little girl enjoyed 2 frankens today, pink with white glitter for fingers and a grey shade for toes.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 am

Jasmina wrote:
LoolaBeanbag wrote:What about the Glitter Food (ex fix a flat) from Nail Pattern Boldness? It seems to get very good reviews for lifting sinking glitter. I've seen it in their etsy shop, Llarowe have sold out but there may be other places that sell it or similar?

I haven't heard of that one, might have a nosy and see if it's worth me investing. I know a lot of websites weren't prepared to ship smaller quantities anymore and some wouldn't ship to uk anymore. Seems to be a problem with Spectraflair as well, the person I bought from doesn't have any for sale right now. She does have the duo-chrome powders, considering those for a new franken experiment.

I find it quite addictive but I make more than I use, think I get the enjoyment from making them. I reach for my stash first when I paint my nails. Although my little girl enjoyed 2 frankens today, pink with white glitter for fingers and a grey shade for toes.

I really want spectraflairpigment - just becuase! Although my lovely Secret Santa sent me spectraflair topcoat which is keeping me entertained for now!
If you want to share a shipment of duo-chrome powder if the quantity is too much I'll happily join in. I feel this overwhelming mad urge to create a crazy mix just of my own!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:33 am

HanSpan wrote:
Jasmina wrote:

I really want spectraflairpigment - just becuase! Although my lovely Secret Santa sent me spectraflair topcoat which is keeping me entertained for now!
If you want to share a shipment of duo-chrome powder if the quantity is too much I'll happily join in. I feel this overwhelming mad urge to create a crazy mix just of my own!

I'd be happy to join that as well if you want - would have to be later in January though as I have no money until my loan comes in!

I really want to start frankening myself this year, I might pick up a few nice cheap colours from Poundland and give it a go with some glitter from eBay!
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 pm

We can do if you guys it's not expensive though $20 for 5 colours about £15 with shipping, less than I would spend on 5 polishes. Tempted to order today so I get it in a couple of weeks. You normally only need a small amount so happy to share what I receive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She does magnetic powder as well but I'm not tempted by those at the moment.

Edit: I did it felt implusive but nice.
I ordered no 50, 52, 55, 56 and 57
Grand total £14.33 my last order with her was super fast so hoping not to wait too long. Each bag is 1g which is actually loads. I have made about 4 Spectraflair topcoats and polishes from a 1g bag and still have plenty left.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Jasmina wrote:We can do if you guys it's not expensive though $20 for 5 colours about £15 with shipping, less than I would spend on 5 polishes. Tempted to order today so I get it in a couple of weeks. You normally only need a small amount so happy to share what I receive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She does magnetic powder as well but I'm not tempted by those at the moment.

Edit: I did it felt implusive but nice.
I ordered no 50, 52, 55, 56 and 57
Grand total £14.33 my last order with her was super fast so hoping not to wait too long. Each bag is 1g which is actually loads. I have made about 4 Spectraflair topcoats and polishes from a 1g bag and still have plenty left.

She doesn't have any spectraflair or I would have bought some Sad
When they arrive, if you find its not too much hassle and mess to split a bit of a few out I'll happily pay. Looks like fun it only to jazz up a few rather boring polishes I have!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Yeah I know she was one of the ones that stopped selling it. Got mine for about £15 last year, glad I managed to get some when I did. An Australian blogger used to sell as well but won't do the smaller quantities anymore. If I see any I will send you a link.

Will do about the powder, would just need to get those reseal bags, couldn't be precise with quantity as I don't have a precise enough digital scale but should be fine. I can't see you needing a gram per bottle of topcoat, that's a crazy amount.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Jasmina wrote:Yeah I know she was one of the ones that stopped selling it. Got mine for about £15 last year, glad I managed to get some when I did. An Australian blogger used to sell as well but won't do the smaller quantities anymore. If I see any I will send you a link.

Will do about the powder, would just need to get those reseal bags, couldn't be precise with quantity as I don't have a precise enough digital scale but should be fine. I can't see you needing a gram per bottle of topcoat, that's a crazy amount.

I searched and searched before for the spectraflair pigment and failed to find any other than someone that insisted I have 5g minimum! Couldn't find anyone to share with so I never went ahead.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Sent you a pm Hun

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Jasmina wrote:Sent you a pm Hun

You're my hero!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 am

Added more glitter to these using Barry M yellow topaz glitter as a base.

Hearts

Stars

Went overboard as I love the Nicole opi ones I have with hearts and stars in but you spend ages digging out single pieces of glitter and I know when I get near the end there won't be any glitter left.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:40 am

That looks lovely.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 am

Beautiful twinkly sparklers! I love stars too.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 pm

They look fantastic Jasmina! Smile
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:20 am

My glitters arrived from America today- so fast. Was so excited to get home from work and try them.
Tired to convey the colour shift in the pictures below but it's so difficult. They are so much better in real life. The seller even included a free magnetic pigment, need to have a think what I colour to add it to.

Layered over Disney villains evil queen as I didn't change my manicure:

Thumb pigment 50
Index pigment 52
Middle pigment 57
Ring pigment 56
Pinkie pigment 55

Got a brill deal on the no 7 top coats, it's voucher week and 3 for 2. Combine the skin care with the beauty voucher and you get £8 off plus a free same/lower value item plus thr free gift box valid with 2 make up purchases.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:09 am

I have been updating my existing stash with fumed silica, holding up really well. Slightly changed the finish on them but I am happy to use topcoat to smooth things out.

Ordered more supplies- totally addicted.

Some new ones

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 am

I love the pinky lavender shade second from the left. I love you
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 am

Babafette wrote:I love the pinky lavender shade second from the left. I love you

Thankyou, it's quite holo in certain lights, should take more piccies.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next