Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+7
HanSpan
theotortoise
Babafette
meeko
Wesker
Sally Magpie
shoppingaddict
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Sally Magpie Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:43 am

Migraleve makes me puke. The dr used to insist I took it, and wouldn't beleive me till I was chundering in the surgery. He never made me have it again.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 am

I regularly get bad headaches and find myself popping pills like sweets, 4 hours after 4 hours etc.

Went to the docs thinking they may be migraines as the only thing that helps me is the dark but apparently they aren't! Strange.

I do worry that I take too much paracetamol sometimes.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:16 am

I take ibuprofen for my migraines. They are caused by two things, stress or hormones.

I don't have periods very often, and if I don't have one, I have a migraine. They suck.

If the ibuprofen doesn't work, or I am in a position where I cannot step out of what I am doing for the day I take the imigran. But you have to fill out a questionnaire in the pharmicist to get them.,
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 am

I feel pretty lucky, I get about one bad migraine a year - lays me up for two days and then nothing more for another year. My Dad's side of the family is terribly affected by them, they thought my cousin (when he was 22) had had a TIA when one got so bad he passed out and lost function in his left side for four days Shocked
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:58 am

crikey Shocked

I get them every month a couple of days before my period. Normally so bad they have me throwing up with the pain. Migraleve usually sorts it out though.

Pullip, I get the smell thing too - so it's not just you! I get it for a few hours before the migraine starts, usually a warning sign to pop a couple of pills to try and minimise it.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  I wanna live for free Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:26 pm

I get the smell thing, too. Not a specific smell but I am more conscious that I can smell "something" the times I make my husband check the house as I can smell "something burning" or "hot metal" and there is nothing. Poor thing he must get driven to distraction by me, but he says he would rather check than have the house burn down. Luckily I haven't had a migraine in ages, but I used to get them so I couldn't even see a thing and they used to come on with no warning so I once had to walk home with my daughter, then 4, guiding the way but I made it a game so "mummy is pretending not to see" so as not to scare her. All I could do then was to go to bed and sleep it off for a couple of days. As I say, very luckily I haven't had one for ages.

Hope you're feeling better now, Pullip x

I wanna live for free

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2