Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone suggest?......

5 posters

Go down

Can anyone suggest?...... Empty Can anyone suggest?......

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:04 pm

After trawling online for what seems like forever, it suddenly dawned on me that some of you might be able to help me in my quest for:
A tuquoise or aqua jelly, a blue/purple jelly (and any other great jellies that you know of!).NFU oh have an OK purple jelly in their syrups but they're quite pricey. The obvious answer is to wait until the China Glaze neon jellies touch down but I have a bad case of the 'want it nows' and can't wait until April!
I'd be grateful for any ideas or suggestions! Thank you. Smile
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Can anyone suggest?...... Empty Re: Can anyone suggest?......

Post  ninjablossom Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:08 pm

American apparel! spotted their jellies online the other day - thats gonna be my next purchase they look fab.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:59 pm

What about Butter London's Stroppy, Milani's Rad Purple or American Apparel's Pacific Beach as suggested by ninjajane? Smile
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks ladies!!
Off on a googlefest starting with American Apperel.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:59 am

You can franken your own with your favourite creme shade and top coat. I use a 50:50 mix so beautiful and easy to do. I haven't tried it on a shimmery shade yet but cold work. Plus you won't need suspension mix for that sort of franken as they is no additional pigment or glitter.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:46 am

Jasmina wrote:You can franken your own with your favourite creme shade and top coat. I use a 50:50 mix so beautiful and easy to do.
Really? That sounds interesting Jasmina. Do you have any pictures of your jelly creations? Question
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:08 am

Jasmina wrote:You can franken your own with your favourite creme shade and top coat. I use a 50:50 mix so beautiful and easy to do. I haven't tried it on a shimmery shade yet but cold work. Plus you won't need suspension mix for that sort of franken as they is no additional pigment or glitter.

I was looking at a bottle of Barry M in Superdrug this afternoon and thinking it would be great if it was sheer! I briefly considered watering it down with clear polish but I don't think I'm confident enough to wreck two perfectly good bottles of polish. If I can find some cheapies (none in Poundland again) I'll have a go I think.

The American Apparel sheers are gorgeous, but again a little pricey. I'll certainly keep them on my list though!
Thank you all for your help!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:12 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
Jasmina wrote:You can franken your own with your favourite creme shade and top coat. I use a 50:50 mix so beautiful and easy to do. I haven't tried it on a shimmery shade yet but cold work. Plus you won't need suspension mix for that sort of franken as they is no additional pigment or glitter.

I was looking at a bottle of Barry M in Superdrug this afternoon and thinking it would be great if it was sheer! I briefly considered watering it down with clear polish but I don't think I'm confident enough to wreck two perfectly good bottles of polish. If I can find some cheapies (none in Poundland again) I'll have a go I think.

The American Apparel sheers are gorgeous, but again a little pricey. I'll certainly keep them on my list though!
Thank you all for your help!

Definitely, you only need one empty bottle. That way you still have the original polish plus your beautiful home made jelly. It won't be a total waste if you make a mistake because you will still have the bottle you started with, you can even try mixing smaller quantities first on a plastic lid to do a test run.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:22 am

I didn't realise you could make jellies and if I can do this with the cream's I have, the possibilities are quite big. Excited much - yes Smile
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:41 am

Thanks Jasmina, I've earmarked a turquoise Rimmel and I have some Sally Hansen topcoat that I don't use. I like the idea of a test mix on a lid, that'll be my starting point. I'm rather looking forward to getting started now! Very Happy
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:17 am

Don't forget to post piccies when you do.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:26 am

Piccies imminent Jasmina!
I've mixed a Rimmel, a Barry M and some topcoat with the aid of the Calpol syringe. I decided to only make a little bottle, and the topcoats I had left are all in opaque bottles so I spent the first hour cleaning out a couple of Primark mini bottles - cleaning the brushes is a nightmare.
There was much adjusting going on, the syringe was great for sucking out. I also had lots of old packaging on hand to squirt the rejected polish onto. My daughter was keen to help so she's been my shaker! I did have it running down my hands and all over the bottles, but now I've cleaned up I'm quite pleased with my effort. The biggest mistake I made was probably using the cheap Primark bottle - after spending so long perfecting my creation I'm a bit disappointed that it has a rubbish splodgy brush, made even worse by the cleaning process.
I need mixing balls and more topcoat and I'm ready to go again with a purple, it was really enjoyable. I want a frankenfactory!
Thanks so much for your advice Jasmina.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 am

Hits Jellys?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Piccies imminent Jasmina!
I've mixed a Rimmel, a Barry M and some topcoat with the aid of the Calpol syringe. I decided to only make a little bottle, and the topcoats I had left are all in opaque bottles so I spent the first hour cleaning out a couple of Primark mini bottles - cleaning the brushes is a nightmare.
There was much adjusting going on, the syringe was great for sucking out. I also had lots of old packaging on hand to squirt the rejected polish onto. My daughter was keen to help so she's been my shaker! I did have it running down my hands and all over the bottles, but now I've cleaned up I'm quite pleased with my effort. The biggest mistake I made was probably using the cheap Primark bottle - after spending so long perfecting my creation I'm a bit disappointed that it has a rubbish splodgy brush, made even worse by the cleaning process.
I need mixing balls and more topcoat and I'm ready to go again with a purple, it was really enjoyable. I want a frankenfactory!
Thanks so much for your advice Jasmina.

So pleased you had fun, I love frankening so much. It's addictive and a great way to create certain looks and combos.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down