Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointed :-(

+4
starrystarry
shoppingaddict
Babafette
Wesker
8 posters

Go down

Disappointed :-( Empty Disappointed :-(

Post  Wesker Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:47 am

I bought some Bundle Monster plates cos i wanted some full nail designs. They came today and i was eager to try them but i see before even trying them out that they would not be big enough Crying or Very sad I must have very big nails Neutral

This is my thumb...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Its not long enough or wide enough Sad

The only way i could get a full print was to use it sideways twice, if that makes sense Suspect

Can anyone recommend any bigger ones??
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Disappointed :-( Empty Re: Disappointed :-(

Post  Babafette Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:51 am

Funny you should mention this too. I bought some plates from Born Pretty and was really surprised at how small they are - I don't know why, but I was expecting something the size of a CD. I haven't tried stamping yet, but my nails are quite small and I'm sure some of the designs won't cover my nails fully either. Sad
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:58 am

I cant get any which fit my thumb either, I have to double stamp (not that I'm any good at stamping mind you!)
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:24 am

The designs on the newer Cheeky plates are bigger than the Bundle Monster ones, but they're still not huge, they only cover my nails when I've cut them short. I have long nails beds so I struggle to find full nail designs. I believe the DRK plates have bigger designs. Lady S has one of those, perhaps she could measure the designs for us.

Don't despair with your Bundle Monster ones though, you can still use them. I tape part of my nail off (usually diagonally) and just stamp part of it.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:29 am

Well after a bit of google-ing i've found this Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scroll down a bit to see the size of images compared to other plates.

They are out of stock at the mo but will keep looking, hopefully they will post to UK
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:31 am

starrystarry wrote:Don't despair with your Bundle Monster ones though, you can still use them. I tape part of my nail off (usually diagonally) and just stamp part of it.

Yeah i'll still use some of the smaller designs and will experiment with the others Wink
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:32 am

Thanks Wesker, I seriously want some of those now bounce
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:19 am

I don't have anything to measure the images with at the month, but they are massive
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:57 am

starrystarry wrote: I believe the DRK plates have bigger designs. Lady S has one of those, perhaps she could measure the designs for us.

Found it Very Happy

Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:37 am

That plate is fabulous! I love the star, heart and paw print designs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

I've ordered plates from Llarowe because they are suppsoed to be bigger. When they arrive I can tell you if they fit my nails - none of the konad ones have done so far Sad

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  RainbowNails Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 am

Which Bundle Monster set is that from as apparently they have ade the 2012 ones slightly bigger.

I have their first set and their thrid set (2012) ones but I cant compare until Thursday when I am next at home

I have the opposite problem and the design always ends up on my skin as well Mad
RainbowNails
RainbowNails

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:20 am

RainbowNails wrote:Which Bundle Monster set is that from as apparently they have ade the 2012 ones slightly bigger.

Its from the first set, but i dont think the others would be big enough either Crying or Very sad
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm

*Wesker* wrote:
starrystarry wrote: I believe the DRK plates have bigger designs. Lady S has one of those, perhaps she could measure the designs for us.

Found it Very Happy

I Hum'd and Hah'd over the cost of those, after Lady S mentioned them on the darker side. I originally wanted the paw one, but it was consistently outta stock. I just thought sod it and eventually bought the B plate, that arrived today, and will have no problems with coverage full nail at all. So happy that I've just bought the A plate which is back in stock, typically, as I'd have gone for A first off! Though B does have the staff, and musical notations, and some lovely swirly patterns. (and it really was quite quick to come even from overseas. I didn't expect it to arrive before I go.

idk if you needed to buy an XL stamper, but I did in the end, cus the total height of the handle just looks so much easier to use, for me.
Becca
Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 pm

I ordered an XL stamper but it never arrived, had to open a dispute case on ebay to get my money back. I need to find another seller. Who did you get yours from?
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm not sure mine was the cheapest, but it came from America

Actually checking, it wasn't overly expensive, and it did arrive reasonably quickly. Haven't yet tried it, but went for that one because of the vids, that I could actually see the stamper itself, rather than just this works because I say so auctions Very Happy
Gunna play with both (stamper, and plate) later today, so can repost after how they go. But the only thing I'm not sure about is the scraper with it. I used a plastic bladed one originally, which wasn't so good as the proper konad metal bladed one, that i bought after, so my doubts remain with that till I try it.
Becca
Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Thanks for the link. Let us know how you get on with it. I use a plastic card (old credit card etc) for scraping by the way, find it better than any of the scrapers I've tried.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Ninja polish do them x x
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Ninja's stamper was out of stock when I placed the order earlier for my plate. It was out of stock when I bought the other plate too, which is why I went for ebay.
Becca
Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  RainbowNails Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:07 am

Right you can clearly see the difference between the new and old plates of Bundle Monster[

img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
RainbowNails
RainbowNails

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:24 am

You're right, they are a lot bigger. I love the paisley one on BM315. Really want this new set.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:38 am

Plate and stamper/scraper were a dream to use!
No pics, prior to cleanup, and i can't get the pattern to really show. I was going for a subtle pattern, but it's a bit more subtle than I wanted! (two colours i picked were too similar) But that stamper is so much nicer to use than my konad one. Because it's all squishy, I can reverse the way, and then press my nail into it, rather than stamp it and move it side to side for coverage. Just squidge the whole nail right in there against it and it'll transfer straight and proper.

The only down side is because it's white, it's hard to see the patterns, so if you're using it on single item, you might struggle to align it if it's really light polish. Other than that, I love it, and will probably ditch the konad one, and use that now. (it does has a single small red blob other side, but not tried that yet)
Becca
Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:43 am

So that's my second effort. Lots of pattern left over, even on my thumb which is big. Very Happy
Will do clean up in a bit, but pleased with that.

Especially after practically gluing my fingers together to do the tea-bag trick on my thumb nail. It had a split only about a third of the way, if that, but right at the bottom. If it can last until I get to my holiday destination, then I'm happy, and will cut the thumbs down. Just want a full set till then! Very Happy

The videos make it look so easy. I found it so messy. Doesn't help it was a fast set glue I used, and seemed quite liquid hence going everywhere, but by heck, it's done the trick!
Becca
Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum