Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats are back!!

+11
HanSpan's-Man
RainbowNails
HanSpan
shoppingaddict
ninjablossom
Laura
Babafette
LoolaBeanbag
SueD
Jane
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cats are back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cats are back!!

Post  HanSpan's-Man Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:10 am

Laura wrote:
Babafette wrote:
ninjablossom wrote:is Rock of Ages the Queen one? I wanna see that. Nail addicts trip out maybe? lol
Rock of Ages is full of classic 1980's rock songs. Smile 
I really wanna gooooo Sad
RoA is soooo cheesy it is brilliant. Recommend it if you did the 80's hair metal thing (raises hand), or even if you missed it! Great stage show - much better than the film for many reason including an audience singing along.

Just be aware that, like all London theatres, the bar is not cheap!
HanSpan's-Man
HanSpan's-Man

Back to top Go down

Post  martinsgirl Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:57 am

I love musicals, hinted strongly for someone to buy me West Side story tickets for my birthday but no one took the hint haha.

Did not get Cats at all though, came out so confused haha scratch 

My favourites that I've seen are Wicked and Phantom
martinsgirl
martinsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TattyScone Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:46 pm

I like musicals also. The last one I saw was Hairspray a few months ago. I'd like to see the Queen one and Wicked as well.

My friend's just emailed me to say she got us tickets to Edinburgh next year to see Priscilla: Queen of the Desert. Sounds fun!
I've not seen the movie yet, so I've got plenty of time to fix that before I go.
TattyScone
TattyScone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Any of you theatre lovers want some cheap theatre vouchers? Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Having to sell as there's no decent shows in the theatres round here ever Laughing
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:16 am

Good to see you've almost got your moneys worth for them Very Happy 
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:58 am

Haha yeah! Would have put them on BIN if id known they'd get so much on day 1.... :lol
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 am

A bit excited, just booked tickets to go and see The Commitments at the end of October Very Happy They are mega cheap seats,and right of the top of the theatre so probably won't be able to see much but at least it's something to look forward to Smile
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:57 am

SueD wrote:A bit excited, just booked tickets to go and see The Commitments at the end of October Very Happy They are mega cheap seats,and right of the top of the theatre so probably won't be able to see much but at least it's something to look forward to Smile
You don't fancy The Drowned Man then Sue? Laughing 
It was a really unique experience, and I did enjoy it. I did find myself alone in a dark deserted forest with mist swirling around the bottoms of the trees at one point, and hastily bolted back for where I thought the door was, only to find a series of scarecrows sat facing a lit shrine instead affraid It was too real and sh*t scary!
Over the three hours I walked across 4 floors of various sets; some with actors acting or dancing, some empty at the time. The forest (complete with authentic fully stage-set 1950s caravans, real tree trunks, bark and leaves as flooring), an entire town with bars, shops etc. film studios, dressing rooms, offices (all in 1950s style, everything was authentic to the last detail - I carefully examined all of the make up and jewellery on the 12 dressing room tables!) a sandy wilderness, a café, a party tent in the woods, a forest clearing on another floor, odd little rooms and annexes....and I'm sure that although I tried to see all of the set I probably missed half of it. All whilst wearing a white mask like the rest of the mobile audience, and not being allowed to interact or speak. Think Twin Peaks, but being amongst it and choosing your own route/exploring yourself and which actors/story to follow. Shocked 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:19 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
SueD wrote:A bit excited, just booked tickets to go and see The Commitments at the end of October Very Happy They are mega cheap seats,and right of the top of the theatre so probably won't be able to see much but at least it's something to look forward to Smile
You don't fancy The Drowned Man then Sue? Laughing 
It was a really unique experience, and I did enjoy it.  I did find myself alone in a dark deserted forest with mist swirling around the bottoms of the trees at one point, and hastily bolted back for where I thought the door was, only to find a series of scarecrows sat facing a lit shrine instead :affraid:It was too real and sh*t scary!
Over the three hours I walked across 4 floors of various sets; some with actors acting or dancing, some empty at the time. The forest (complete with authentic fully stage-set 1950s caravans, real tree trunks, bark and leaves as flooring), an entire town with bars, shops etc.  film studios, dressing rooms, offices (all in 1950s style, everything was authentic to the last detail - I carefully examined all of the make up and jewellery on the 12 dressing room tables!) a sandy wilderness, a café, a party tent in the woods, a forest clearing on another floor, odd little rooms and annexes....and I'm sure that although I tried to see all of the set I probably missed half of it.  All whilst wearing a white mask like the rest of the mobile audience, and not being allowed to interact or speak. Think Twin Peaks, but being amongst it and choosing your own route/exploring yourself and which actors/story to follow. Shocked 
Erm, I really don't..but my daughter thinks it sounds fab !Shocked 
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 am

It was pretty amazing Sue. My sister was on her second trip and our friend is going back for a third time. I'd go again - there were two stories in tandem and I saw the key parts of one, and overall three of the four critical scenes, but you're only guaranteed to see one (one of two murders affraid ). I think for a younger person with an interest in theatre as a career it would really fire the imagination and (oh bugger, the arty types have got to me....) see how traditional theatre boundaries can be pushed to near destruction.
I'm going to don my smoking jacket on now and retire to the library with a copy of Time Out and a cheroot.......
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:50 am

Pmsl !
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:02 am

I think the Drowned Man sounds amazing! I'd definitely be too scared to go off on my own though. Shocked 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Have blagged free tickets for Let It Be for tonight..!
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:56 am

SueD wrote:Have blagged free tickets for Let It Be for tonight..!
Well done, I hope you enjoy it Sue! Very Happy 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:31 pm

The kids loved it (went mainly for them!) and it is done very well.It's one of those shows though where they don't mind people filming and taking photos ,and it's really annoying:evil: Especially when people start holding their ipads up in the air!
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:55 pm

So glad you enjoyed it Sue. Shame about the Ipad A holes though x
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  kelpyg Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:56 am

on the musical theme have you seen this?
kelpyg
kelpyg

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:26 am

kelpyg wrote:on the musical theme have you seen this?
That is brilliant!!

Jabe, have you been to see Cats yet?
WE saw Rock of Ages (got dayseats for £25 ) and The Committments on Saturday Smile Would love to see ROA again,shame we left it so close to when it closes Sad
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2