Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know you're a nail polish addict when...

+21
Shezza
Muffy
Sam
TattyScone
geekybat
Sarah
JackieP
fellrunner
mayMeow
martinsgirl
HanSpan
annita008
Laura
polishedpurple
Sally Magpie
kelpyg
LoolaBeanbag
SueD
shoppingaddict
stationaryace
Geordie Nails
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

You know you're a nail polish addict when... - Page 2 Empty Re: You know you're a nail polish addict when...

Post  JackieP Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 am

SueD wrote:
LoolaBeanbag wrote:Now I need a guy in the newsagents like that!!
If I get anything I will share Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  He said they only get destroyed otherwise so I can have them Very Happy 
OMG, that's terrible! Think of all the poor polishes that have perished that way. Sad
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

You know you're a nail polish addict when... - Page 2 Empty Re: You know you're a nail polish addict when...

Post  Sarah Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:00 am

My sister works in a newsagents, might have to ask her Razz
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:25 am

Sarah wrote:My sister works in a newsagents, might have to ask her Razz
yeah so does my mum!! all those polishes I could have had...
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  stationaryace Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:23 am

you float home on a high because your Poundland actually had lots of pretty colours and you had to gather them all up and take them home so they wouldn't be lonely....

...and you plan to hide them all before hubby comes home Rolling Eyes 
stationaryace
stationaryace

Back to top Go down

Post  geekybat Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:49 pm

When your hubby knows about all the different brands and can identify a brand by the bottle Shocked 
geekybat
geekybat

http://www.ananka.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:02 am

stationaryace wrote:you float home on a high because your Poundland actually had lots of pretty colours and you had to gather them all up and take them home so they wouldn't be lonely....

...and you plan to hide them all before hubby comes home Rolling Eyes 
Or you float around the house on a high because you've ODd on polish fumes Very Happy 
You've made me think of the controversial Marmite ad now stationaryace, except it's us lot rescuing Hansens and Sinfuls from the backs of shelves in Poundland!!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  TattyScone Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:34 am

Heh, I rescued another batch of Hansens from poundland at the weekend. I keep getting funny looks off both the cashier and other customers behind me because it takes ages to scan through about 20 packets! Very Happy

And then figuring out how to sneak them in the house without hubs spotting them Razz 
TattyScone
TattyScone

Back to top Go down

Post  stationaryace Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:39 am

TattyScone wrote:Heh, I rescued another batch of Hansens from poundland at the weekend.  I keep getting funny looks off both the cashier and other customers behind me because it takes ages to scan through about 20 packets! Very Happy 
...when buying 8 nail varnishes seems not only reasonable, but positively restrained....

While scanning my 8 packets yesterday (one was a doubler!) the cashier pipes up with "you must like nail varnish then". Oh sweety, you have no idea....Laughing 
stationaryace
stationaryace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:41 am

...you order a nail polish you know you'll hate just because it's reduced and it's OPI...Embarassed 
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:14 am

stationaryace wrote:
TattyScone wrote:Heh, I rescued another batch of Hansens from poundland at the weekend.  I keep getting funny looks off both the cashier and other customers behind me because it takes ages to scan through about 20 packets! Very Happy 
...when buying 8 nail varnishes seems not only reasonable, but positively restrained....

While scanning my 8 packets yesterday (one was a doubler!) the cashier pipes up with "you must like nail varnish then".   Oh sweety, you have no idea....Laughing 
A woman who works in my local Poundland knows my mum and always comments on what I buy if she serves me because I bought loads once. Embarassed Now it's 'Not more nail varnish!' if I buy some or 'No nail varnish?' if I don't (though that doesn't happen often). Laughing 

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shezza Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:19 am

...you look forward to a rare free weekend just so you can catch up on testing your new polishes, and sort out the pile of dupes you've been threatening to rehome or sell for ages.
Shezza
Shezza

Back to top Go down

Post  Shezza Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:59 am

You get home at 1 in the morning, after a day spent at a beer and music festival, to find a lovely Sally Magpies' parcel waiting for you. And start swatching your new purchases.
Shezza
Shezza

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 pm

your really hungry but decide to paint and stamp your nails first.

Your meeting someone in 2 hours and you paint your nails, decide you don't like it, stamp them, decide you like that even less, realise you've run out of remover so paint over the top again in a different colour and hope for the best.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shezza Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:17 am

You have to re-arrange your Helmer _again_ because the glitters and glitter topcoat collection has grown too big to share a drawer with the blues.
Shezza
Shezza

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:05 am

You drive into the midst of a foreign city alone, bar your 10 year old daughter and an erratic sat nav in search of essence and 'just to see what you might find' affraid Laughing 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 am

When you forgot to put a cuticle product in your bag so you resort to using Nivea raspberry rosé lip butter.
Geordie Nails
Geordie Nails

http://geordienails.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:10 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:You drive into the midst of a foreign city alone, bar your 10 year old daughter and an erratic sat nav in search of essence and 'just to see what you might find' affraid Laughing 
I think this wins so far...
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:53 am

Sam wrote:...you order a nail polish you know you'll hate just because it's reduced and it's OPI...Embarassed 
Ha, ha, that's me! Wink 'Fess up Sam, which one was it? Laughing 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:08 am

When your mother spies you browsing the polish racks in Boots and tuts and says "Don't you already have every colour under the sun?".

I would try and explain that I'm a mere beginner with my just over a small drawer full stash, but I don't think she'd understand...
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  Shezza Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:33 am

When you struggle to hide your glee at finding Sally Hansen Nail Prism in turquoise opal in the £1.50 basket at the market.
Shezza
Shezza

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:53 am

Shezza wrote:When you struggle to hide your glee at finding Sally Hansen Nail Prism in turquoise opal in the £1.50 basket at the market.
I have actually been known to audibly squeal when I find a nice polish in Poundland. Embarassed 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Shezza Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:06 am

Babafette wrote:
Shezza wrote:When you struggle to hide your glee at finding Sally Hansen Nail Prism in turquoise opal in the £1.50 basket at the market.
I have actually been known to audibly squeal when I find a nice polish in Poundland. Embarassed 
I would never do that. Never ever ever.

:-p
Shezza
Shezza

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:13 am

you buy 3 bottles of GOSH Holographic Hero - just in case............ Shocked
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:33 am

Oooh. Were there several? if so did you buy them all? If not - why not;)

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shezza Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:56 am

HanSpan wrote:
Oooh.  Were there several? if so did you buy them all?  If not - why not;)
There was sadly just the one. But my eyes will be peeled for the SH gold bottle tops next visit.
Shezza
Shezza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next