Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make your own thermal polish? Thermochromic pigments from a place called solarcolourdust

+4
Sam
SueD
LoolaBeanbag
HanSpan
8 posters

Go down

Make your own thermal polish?  Thermochromic pigments from a place called solarcolourdust Empty Make your own thermal polish? Thermochromic pigments from a place called solarcolourdust

Post  HanSpan Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Oh heck. I should never have found this place!
http://www.solarcolordust.com/Site/Products.html
Its not cheap at $20 for 10g but having had a bunch of 10g packets from MicaMoma I reckon that could easily be shared between two or three of us if anyone else wants to try?

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Make your own thermal polish?  Thermochromic pigments from a place called solarcolourdust Empty Re: Make your own thermal polish? Thermochromic pigments from a place called solarcolourdust

Post  HanSpan Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:40 pm

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Make your own thermal polish?  Thermochromic pigments from a place called solarcolourdust Empty Re: Make your own thermal polish? Thermochromic pigments from a place called solarcolourdust

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:20 am

The solardust stuff comes in light green to dark purple?!!! Oh hell yeah! (OOS at the mo though...)
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:38 am

Oooooh.....!! Very Happy 
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:44 am

I've bought some blue to white/clear from ebay. Its arrived already!
I'm so childishly amused that if I hold the packet it turns white.

Here's the listing:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thermochromic-Temperature-colour-changing-at-22c-powder-Ultra-pigment-5g-/150919929054?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

They seem to only have red in that one now, but there are other listings for ones that chagne at other temps. I haven't a clue which is the best I just picked randomely!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:42 am

I'd be the same as you Han, playing away quite happily!  Laughing 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:52 am

Oooooooh!

I definitely need to buy more suspension base...
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Such a shame no-one lives near me. I'd be happy to have company making childish messes with a glass of wine or two.
I suspect I'd have to send OH away and hire a cleaner for the day after;)

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:03 pm

HanSpan wrote:Such a shame no-one lives near me.  I'd be happy to have company making childish messes with a glass of wine or two.
I suspect I'd have to send OH away and hire a cleaner for the day after;)
I seem to recall you live in Surrey don't you Han?  Question 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:39 pm

From what little I know about thermo pigments they have a limited 'shelf life' once they are mixed, and should be kept in cool, dry, dark conditions. Hope this helps when your mixing.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:00 am

Hahaha I live near Surrey, we should have a wine and polish making day.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:04 am

I'll be up for that. I can travel. Say 3 May?! Will need sofa to pass out sleep on though.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm afraid I'm in Herts not Surrey - Tring to be exact - and we really don't have any room for sleepers except middle of the living room floor with the cats:(

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:13 pm

HanSpan wrote:I'm afraid I'm in Herts not Surrey - Tring to be exact - and we really don't have any room for sleepers except middle of the living room floor with the cats:(

Don't bother me. Hit water bottles! Lol
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down