Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There went the no buy polishes on holiday rule!

2 posters

Go down

There went the no buy polishes on holiday rule! Empty There went the no buy polishes on holiday rule!

Post  Becca Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:38 pm

So I'm back from my lovely break away, and despite my trying not to buy polishes (I failed with in the first 30 mins on the official trip!) I have come back with a few.

On way down to ferry, I picked up 3 cheapies on an offer from Asda.
Then by the first 30 mins of being in motion on the Ferry, Duty Free called, and I picked up a mini trio of the Mavala UK pack (British flagged box, with red, blue and silver in it) which was pretty cheap. Then ironically I went into a random manicure/nails/fishies eating toes place, and bought a lovely green glitter. Orly, Mermaid Tale. It's really nice stuff! I also got a mini shimmery gold by Orly, Luxe. I wont use it a lot, but it's more of a pastel gold, so felt it was a good to have buy. The green I'm taken with so much!

Then on the way back hit Duty Free again, and got mini mavalas in a pastel lilac, blue and creamy yellow.

On the plus side I got loads of compliments about my nails when people saw, and it was just simply done too. Base coat, and I took my new full pattern stamping plate and used that in another colour.
Becca
Becca

Back to top Go down

There went the no buy polishes on holiday rule! Empty Re: There went the no buy polishes on holiday rule!

Post  Sally Magpie Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:08 am

Where did you go Becca?

My no buy nearly failed earlier due to noticing the new Barry M glitters are on their website, but I kept it going.

This will sound awful, but its the first time I haven't brought anything in a week for ages!
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

There went the no buy polishes on holiday rule! Empty Re: There went the no buy polishes on holiday rule!

Post  Becca Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:28 am

I went to Jersey, then to Guernsey, with a day trip over to St Malo. Gorgeous weather! Tell you though, coming back to Scotland, and it feels like I've gone to the Arctic circle, such a difference Sad

I really tried, but frankly when it's cheap, how could I not? Very Happy I'd be doing a dis-service to those who stocked the shelves (or so i tell myelf!)
Becca
Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:37 am

I am starting to plan another holiday, and want to go somewhere to get amazing polish.

I keep thinking USA, but what about Japan? Surely there is loads of amazing stuff in Japan
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down