Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are fantasy fire and gosh holographic worth the hype?

+3
Jasmina
mrsmoore2b
Ellie
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are fantasy fire and gosh holographic worth the hype?  Empty Are fantasy fire and gosh holographic worth the hype?

Post  Ellie Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm off to my local superdrug later and I think its time to give in and buy a FF and a Gosh Holo. I'm just wondering what you all thought of these polishes and whether you think they're worth purchasing. If I get FF I'll get three on the 3 for 2 offer they're currently doing.

Thanks!

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Are fantasy fire and gosh holographic worth the hype?  Empty Re: Are fantasy fire and gosh holographic worth the hype?

Post  mrsmoore2b Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:55 pm

I have both, fantasy fire is for sure worth it but if your looking for an epic silver holo get layla mercury twilight without a doubt. I have done a swatch video of gosh holographic hero and FF on my youtube channel, user name is mrsmoore2b if they can help you decide x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Are fantasy fire and gosh holographic worth the hype?  Empty Re: Are fantasy fire and gosh holographic worth the hype?

Post  Jasmina Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:55 pm

I love FF but you do need to layer it, it comes alive with a base colour, it's pretty standard if you bother to paint it to opaque.
If you have spectraflair topcoat, it is amazing over a purple base, 2 coats of FF then 1 coat of SF.

I like Gosh Holo but it isn't the most holographic polish I own now. My Nfu Oh is more holo silver but more than 3 times the price to buy in UK.
Layla Mercury Twilight gets brill reviews and Color Club holo hues "Harp on it" looks amazing.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Brilliant thanks, I think I'll go for them. I'm on a budget you see ha! Another one was Models Own Indian Ocean - It looks gorgeous on swatches I've seen.. anyone own it?

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Yep I have that too lol ( I'm an addict) looks gorgeous swatch over similar shade of blue. If your on a budget I'd avoid the gosh, you'd do better to spend your money on CC or layla x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:59 pm

ellieee710 wrote:Brilliant thanks, I think I'll go for them. I'm on a budget you see ha! Another one was Models Own Indian Ocean - It looks gorgeous on swatches I've seen.. anyone own it?

Again this is gorgeous but needs undies, I was disappointed first application as I didn't realise it was a layering polish.
It is stunning over pale pink and pale blue. Boots currently have it on 2 for £8, not as good as last week deal buy one get one half price but still a nice saving.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Well if it's on offer then I may have to buy another MO!! Any colours you recommend?

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:11 pm

I love the winter wonderland collection, southern and northern lights are beautiful.Jack frost is stunning over dark colours.
I quite like the mirrorball collection but they do stink on application.
Aqua Violet is a good one to have aswell.
I really like Ibiza mix but not sure if that is still in shops.
Juicy Jules is a brill holographic silver glitter.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Just had a quick google for swatches - wow Jack Frost looks amazing! I think that's my mind made up. It looks similar to the concept of my Andrea Fullerton Gemstone Overcoat but I love that the flakes are circular. My poor bank account!
I shall let everyone know what I come back with!

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Yeah let us know what goodies you get, gotta live super drug eh! X
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:34 am

Here's what I came back with!
They only had two FF's pale so I got another Max Factor one (as it was 3 for 2) called Moon Dust. It doesn't look as interesting, but hey it was a freebie! And then I got Indian Ocean and Jack Frost from Models Own.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:38 am

Great little haul Smile which are you itching to use first? Smile
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:42 am

I love the look of them all, but Indian Ocean excites me the most! Moon dust is my least favourite but hopefully it will be a nice layering polish or something. I even got them to check in the stock room for more FF just incase Embarassed

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 am

Let us know how you get on with moon dust, I have been tempted to buy it for a while now but keep putting it back.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 am

ellieee710 wrote:I love the look of them all, but Indian Ocean excites me the most! Moon dust is my least favourite but hopefully it will be a nice layering polish or something. I even got them to check in the stock room for more FF just incase Embarassed

How bad is this... When searching for FF when it was first out I used to sneakily open up the stock drawers under the display counter to look for more hahaha naughty me Wink
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 am

Oh and if you layer moon dust over black it might help bring out the Duochrome in it Smile
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 am

mrsmoore2b wrote:
ellieee710 wrote:I love the look of them all, but Indian Ocean excites me the most! Moon dust is my least favourite but hopefully it will be a nice layering polish or something. I even got them to check in the stock room for more FF just incase Embarassed

How bad is this... When searching for FF when it was first out I used to sneakily open up the stock drawers under the display counter to look for more hahaha naughty me Wink

You are supposed to drawer raid! its the only way to get the best treasure. Its how I got my gosh holo on 3 for 2, I often think the staff hid gems they want to buy later.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:50 am

Jasmina wrote:
mrsmoore2b wrote:

You are supposed to drawer raid! its the only way to get the best treasure. Its how I got my gosh holo on 3 for 2, I often think the staff hid gems they want to buy later.

Glad to hear its not just me Wink
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 am

I'm another confirmed drawer raider. My daughter cringes in anticipation as she knows that when I bend over I'll be flashing at least my pants, and maybe a tad more...... Laughing

I had GOSH holo and it doesn't come close to the Layla, I also rate the Layla Butterfly effect over FF.
ASOS do Models own with free delivery, Indian Ocean is currently £4.50, and although they don't have Ibiza mix any more they have an exclusive ASOS Models Own party glitter which looks similar.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 am

I have the Max Factor Max Effects in Moon Dust too and I must confess I haven't used it yet. Actually I haven't used my Fantasy Fire or Models Own Indian Ocean yet either. Embarassed

I'm a drawer raider too. It would be rude not to............ Razz
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:59 am

I've just Googled Moon Dust and from swatches it looks quite nice. Might be a good colour to layer FF over. Very Happy

Gosh Holographic is good in terms of price, availability and holo effect, but its wear is pretty poor. Sad

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:25 am

I am also a drawer raider for sure!! Especially when I'm with my mum and she's moaning that they don't have something - she's too embarrassed to do it herself. There's always some beauties in the drawers!
I've just got back from work and I'd found a tenner on the floor - handed it in and no one claimed it. = mine! Looking at polishes as we speak. How bad is that!

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:06 am

ellieee710 wrote:I am also a drawer raider for sure!! Especially when I'm with my mum and she's moaning that they don't have something - she's too embarrassed to do it herself. There's always some beauties in the drawers!
I've just got back from work and I'd found a tenner on the floor - handed it in and no one claimed it. = mine! Looking at polishes as we speak. How bad is that!

Karma ellieee! Good things happen to good people!
What are you going to choose?
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:21 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
ellieee710 wrote:I am also a drawer raider for sure!! Especially when I'm with my mum and she's moaning that they don't have something - she's too embarrassed to do it herself. There's always some beauties in the drawers!

Karma ellieee! Good things happen to good people!
What are you going to choose?

I'm not sure yet Loola! Any suggestions? I know I need to get something to stop my nails from peeling as well Sad some are suffering!

Also, just found this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is currently on Fragrance Direct for 99p. Looks similar to FF to me! What do you think?

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:30 am

Ooh that is a nice shade! X
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next