Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Club?

+12
HanSpan
Anisis
lei_armstrong
Gillyx
Sarah
Sam
Melonade
Sally Magpie
shoppingaddict
starrystarry
backhoe71
Jane
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Book Club? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Club?

Post  Jane Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:23 am

lei_armstrong wrote:
pulliptears wrote:I read the 50 books, it was an interesting change for me as I tended to stick to Vamp romance, anyway, it led me down the path of some fab adult fiction books which is where I'm currently at with the SC Stephens books.
Props to Olivia Cunning for her Sinners series though, a book following the sex life of a rock band. Now that made 50 read like a kids book Embarassed Embarassed

Ooh have you read the True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris? They're a Vampire love story with all sorts of supernatural creatures and a bit of sex thrown in! I love reading and have loads of books lined up to read on my iPad. I'm normally into thrillers (Karin Slaughter, Kathy Reichs, Simon Kernick, Jeff Abbott) but have more recently got into supernatural with Twilight and the Sookie books, mainly because i'm impatient and want to know what happens next :-) Think i'll be taking 50 Shades of Grey on holiday though so I can see what the hype is all about x

Yep, done all the Sookies way before True Blood was ever a series lol Also done the entire JR Ward Series, all of the Midnight Breed not to mention a hundred other Vamp novels.

You wont get much steer on the True Blood program from the books now. This new season (I watch at US pace so I might be in front of where you are at) bore no resemblance whatsoever to the books, in fact, it pains me to say it but this season has been quite poor all round.
Jane
Jane
Admin

http://pulliptears.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Melonade Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:36 am

RainbowNails wrote:I also have a love affair going on with my kindle

I read the first 50 shades on holiday but couldnt bring myself to read the other two it was that bad.

I like Dan Brown esque stuff
Thrillers
Lawyers
Chick Lit

and loads more

Anyone who hasnt read the Hunger Games should read it immediately

Currently I am reading the first Cotton Malone Book by Steve Berry

The Templar Legacy

Can't believe I forgot to mention The Hunger Games Embarassed I absolutley couldn't put them down and read them one after another!!

Melonade

Back to top Go down

Post  Peony Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:41 pm

I read almost anything fiction but generally not chic lit. I'd be up for a book club so long as it's a cheap book lol.

Peony

http://1008hollywalkpark.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:26 am

Melonade wrote:
RainbowNails wrote:I also have a love affair going on with my kindle

I read the first 50 shades on holiday but couldnt bring myself to read the other two it was that bad.

I like Dan Brown esque stuff
Thrillers
Lawyers
Chick Lit

and loads more

Anyone who hasnt read the Hunger Games should read it immediately

Currently I am reading the first Cotton Malone Book by Steve Berry

The Templar Legacy

Can't believe I forgot to mention The Hunger Games Embarassed I absolutley couldn't put them down and read them one after another!!

Same! Didn't rate the last book as much as the first two - I felt it got a bit tired and the ending was a bit... meh... (Though I know loads of people have said it was sad and they loved it, I just felt nothing!) but they are a fantastic read. Bought Atonement from a charity shop yesterday and I'm cracking on with that, it's pretty good but not my normal style.

I am a terrible 'half a book' reader, I think in the last year I've started about 15 books and finished four (three of which were the Hunger Games!). I've currently got:
- Snuff by Terry Pratchett
- The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
- Atonement
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (which I can't read any more of because it's TOO SCARY!)
- Martyr by Rory Clements
- Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick (about two chapters left and I can't finish it because it's too sad Sad )

on the go! Really need to sit down and finish them, and not buy any more until I have!

I've been sorting out my bookcases today to donate the ones I don't want any more to charity as an incentive to buy more, haha.
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:35 am

Melonade wrote:
xoxo wrote:I read the 50 shades trilogy in about a week, because of the hype. I wasn't impressed by it though. It was badly written, and the 'filth' was awful. Much better stuff online that's much better written.

I wanted to kill her 'inner goddess' slowly and painfully by the end of book 1 I think Laughing

I tend to stick to girlie chick lit really. Shopaholic series and things like that. I'm trying to get in to reading more but I struggle to concentrate Mad

Me too although I'll admit I just d/l'd the 2nd book... was getting in the bath and realised I finished my book last night Embarassed Can't get in the bath without having a read of something... hopefully her inner goddess isn't running wild or I'll end up reading the back of a shampoo bottle!!

How did you get on with it then? Do you now know the ingredients in your shampoo by heart? Laughing
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2