Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's On Your Mind?

+28
Charlilouise
star_struck
Shezza
HanSpan's-Man
Nail Luxxe
stationaryace
JackieP
backhoe71
kissmenow9
mmmmchocolate
HanSpan
martinsgirl
weskers toyboy
annita008
Sarah
kelpyg
Sam
Wesker
LoolaBeanbag
Laura
SueD
Jasmina
Babafette
shoppingaddict
starrystarry
ninjablossom
Geordie Nails
32 posters

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down

What's On Your Mind? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's On Your Mind?

Post  shoppingaddict Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:06 am

I want a cat too, but OH says no. He hates cats. I love them.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:40 am

I would like a cat,but an old one that just curls up and wants to be stroked.But then again I hate my neighbours cats as they crap all over my garden ,so it stinks and there are flies everywhere ...so maybe not!
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:57 am

SueD wrote:It was a bit scary,especially considering what could have happened affraid 
DH  had to change the wheel, I just assumed he was going to ring whatever car people we're with and let them do it Embarassed He is not into cars at all so I had no idea he even knew how to change a wheel!
A Highways patrol car came and 'stood guard' until we were all done ,which was quite reassuring :)I asked him if he's seen us on a camera but apparently they were on the opposite carraigeway and had seen a backlog of traffic so had come off at the next exit to see what had happened.It felt like it happened too quick to cause a backlog but I guess everyone behind us was trying to avoid the remains of the tyre bouncing across the other three lanes Shocked .
I'm so glad you're all safe Sue. I had a blowie once and fortunately the major devastation was in my pants, it is a shit scary thing to happen.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:59 am

ninjablossom wrote:how do tyres blow then? or rather why?

I'm getting brewdy (sp) I really want a cat. I cant have a cat as I rent and refuse to accept I will settle - cats are not compatible with boats and backpacks... whether i do another big trip again, who knows but I'd like the option. A child would be easier to travel with, but I'd love a cat.  
My mum used to foster kittens for the Cat's Protection League Ninja. Short term fluff fix, then they move on before they're too big to wreck your furniture Very Happy 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:50 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:My mum used to foster kittens for the Cat's Protection League Ninja.  Short term fluff fix, then they move on before they're too big to wreck your furniture Very Happy 
Thank you, so, so much to your mum. My parents adopted our cat Vienna from Cats Protection and I think she was in a foster kennel. After a lot of nurturing she is now a very happy and spoilt cat!
Geordie Nails
Geordie Nails

http://geordienails.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stationaryace Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:48 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
ninjablossom wrote:how do tyres blow then? or rather why?

I'm getting brewdy (sp) I really want a cat. I cant have a cat as I rent and refuse to accept I will settle - cats are not compatible with boats and backpacks... whether i do another big trip again, who knows but I'd like the option. A child would be easier to travel with, but I'd love a cat.  
My mum used to foster kittens for the Cat's Protection League Ninja.  Short term fluff fix, then they move on before they're too big to wreck your furniture Very Happy 
I'm clearly sleepy - I read that as the Cat's Protection League of Ninja Cats... Shocked 

my cat came from CP so no idea what I was thinking.
stationaryace
stationaryace

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:56 am

Protection league of Ninja Cats - I like it, theres a kids cartoon in there somewhere...
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:37 am

Been accused of cheating in my local's pub quiz, bit upset really Sad

It was sour grapes as "the ones to beat" came 3rd and we came 2nd. They're too used to winning and seem to think they're entitled to.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Laura wrote:Been accused of cheating in my local's pub quiz, bit upset really Sad

It was sour grapes as "the ones to beat" came 3rd and we came 2nd. They're too used to winning and seem to think they're entitled to.
How sad is that?! I can't stand adults who are bad losers.
Geordie Nails
Geordie Nails

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:18 pm

I hate pub quizzes for that very reason. There is always a team, who 'always win' and 1) it gets boring when they do and 2) its never fun when they don't.

I couldn't foster a cat - I would get attached and it would break my heart. Going to my brothers in 2 weeks, they have 2 cats - I might get a cat fix then.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan's-Man Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:11 am

ninjablossom wrote:Protection league of Ninja Cats - I like it, theres a kids cartoon in there somewhere...
I think there are local chapters of ninja cats all around. It's why our cats go out at night, chapter meetings and planning their next adventures - you know, chasing furry critters, annoying local dogs, whose garden is the official shit pit this week etc. Trust me, they are up to much, much more than we think Shocked 
HanSpan's-Man
HanSpan's-Man

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:33 am

I'm going to watch Olympus Has Fallen tonight. The film's not really my cup of tea but I'd watch a crown green bowling tournament if Gerard Butler was in it.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:38 am

I'm waiting for hubby to come home. He's worked Saturday this week as well (he works away) so I have withdrawals. Don't think he'll be home until about 10 poor thing.

As for cats - they are definitely little plotters. They do of course rule the world!
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:42 am

Glad Sharon's back on X factor, only reason I'm watching it this year. Didn't bother last year!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:14 am

We lost the first of my two cats in October last year, kidney failure (she was 14). Came to stay the night with my parents as my boyfriend is away and I haven't been around in a while and my second cat is skinny as a rake and not eating. Looks like when she goes to the vets on Monday she might not come back. I'm just heartbroken.
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:11 pm

kissmenow9 wrote:We lost the first of my two cats in October last year, kidney failure (she was 14). Came to stay the night with my parents as my boyfriend is away and I haven't been around in a while and my second cat is skinny as a rake and not eating. Looks like when she goes to the vets on Monday she might not come back. I'm just heartbroken.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope she picks up over the next couple of days xx
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:41 pm

kissmenow9 wrote:We lost the first of my two cats in October last year, kidney failure (she was 14). Came to stay the night with my parents as my boyfriend is away and I haven't been around in a while and my second cat is skinny as a rake and not eating. Looks like when she goes to the vets on Monday she might not come back. I'm just heartbroken.
Sad Sad so sorry to hear this. It is Heartbreaking.
when my cats (parents cats maybe...but they slept in my room) died I swear they knew it was time. I think cats know and if they are not ready will let you know. Then they move to a cloud and watch over you. I don't believe in god but I like to believe they sit on clouds watching over us. Hope Monday isn't too bad for you.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  annita008 Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:33 am

that sucks, i feel you..my dog is 13 years old hes great, but im scared something could happend to him due to his age :/

i sent my computer to technical support...so i wont have it for like 2 weeks :/ im using my brothers right now... i tried to enter in the forum in my tablet but i couldnt never find the option to log in? weird.. so im using this instead xd
annita008
annita008

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieP Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:35 am

It's so horrible when they reach the end of their life. So sorry, I know how it feels! Over the years I've lost 2 dogs, a cat and numerous other smaller pets. It's always heartbreaking. Sad
JackieP
JackieP

Back to top Go down

Post  Geordie Nails Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:49 am

I've never yet had to watch a cat reach the end of its life (we gave away our first when my brother got asthma and our second was run over after adopting us as her new home, we didn't find out till a few weeks after). I can't imagine being without my Vienna. Feeling for those with poorly pets xx
Geordie Nails
Geordie Nails

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:16 am

Went to see her this evening; my mum picked me up from work and took me to the vets. Basically on her xrays her bottom left lung is non-existent; there's *something* there that is taking up that space. It's either pneumonia (which means a strong course of antibiotics, which will weaken her other organs, and probable scarring and then recurrences in the winter, which she copes badly with anyway as she has arthritis), cancer (which is obviously a bad thing, but could mean that she has that bit of her lung removed and is fine for a while, or that there's no point putting her through surgery) or her lung has somehow twisted round (which again means surgery). Surgery for a 15 year old cat is just not a good option :(Feel very much like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. She was a gift to 8 year old me when I had my tonsils out so it feels like she's always been there and I'm losing one of my best friends :(Heart vs head.

We've opted to have her sent to another clinic to see if they can diagnose actually what it is purely because if we had her PTS today and it turned out to be something treatable, like a prolonged but mild case of pneumonia, I don't think I could live with myself or the guilt. But really the prognosis is poor. And she's an old lady now anyway, so we could cure her of whatever this is and then lose her next month anyway. My head says we should just let her go now, but I just know in my heart I couldn't deal with the 'what if...' of not knowing what exactly it is.

ETA - Ahhh man, I was doing so good with the not crying but I've just read this poem and now I'm in pieces again. I want my cat back Sad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 am

oh this is so sad *massive hugs*

see what the new clinic says and watch her behaviour. I really think cats of a certain age let you know when its time, or they crawl away. But i have my fingers and toes crossed. Just remembering my cats makes me well up - they are best friends and a massive part of our lives, its so hard to watch them get ill x
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:58 am

When we saw her she was so sleepy and whilst she responded to us rubbing her ears and tickling her belly (she's a tart, loves a good belly rub!) she was very very drowsy and not really all there. But there was still a spark in her eye.

I don't want her to go to new clinic - which is half an hour away - and have to be put down there without us with her, she'll feel so alone Crying or Very sad But I also don't want to let her go without knowing what it is.

Can't be bothered to make a sandwich for work tomorrow, I just want to curl up in bed and sleep. Luckily my job is so mind numbing I should be ok as it really is a 'turn a page, de staple a page, run file through scanner, repeat 20 times' kind of deal so I can shut myself off in the office and not talk to anyone if I so wish.
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:11 am

They wouldn't put her down without you would they?? Sad Sad
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 am

Oooooooh Kissme, I feel for you, I really do. These situations are the reason why I am petless, I tell everyone it's because I can't cope with kids and cats but I remember those heartwrenching times as a child..... we had four cats at one point.
When my mum became ill I had to take two of her cats on a one way trip, and one of my own all in a month. As Mum was so poorly I was able to deal with it almost on autopilot and hard though it is I'd have given anything to be able to have done the same for her. It's the ultimate kindness.
Much love xxxxxxxx
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next