Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eBay postage question

5 posters

Go down

eBay postage question Empty eBay postage question

Post  shoppingaddict Mon May 05, 2014 8:36 pm

So I've spied an item on eBay I'd quite like. It's currently at 99p and due to end tonight. However I've just noticed that for second class postage she wants to charge £5.85!!!!

Even if the item ended at 99p with the postage it's still a bargain but the high cost of postage when I really know how much it costs totally sticks in my throat.

Thoughts?
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

eBay postage question Empty Re: eBay postage question

Post  HanSpan Mon May 05, 2014 9:51 pm

shoppingaddict wrote:So I've spied an item on eBay I'd quite like. It's currently at 99p and due to end tonight. However I've just noticed that for second class postage she wants to charge £5.85!!!!

Even if the item ended at 99p with the postage it's still a bargain but the high cost of postage when I really know how much it costs totally sticks in my throat.

Thoughts?

Its pointless people doing that now anyway as far as I understand. I think ebay have tied up that loophole so you pay fees on postage as well as the price of the 'thing'

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Tue May 06, 2014 4:12 am

HanSpan wrote:
shoppingaddict wrote:So I've spied an item on eBay I'd quite like. It's currently at 99p and due to end tonight. However I've just noticed that for second class postage she wants to charge £5.85!!!!

Thoughts?

Its pointless people doing that now anyway as far as I understand.  I think ebay have tied up that loophole so you pay fees on postage as well as the price of the 'thing'

Ebay is getting silly now- they charge 10% commission on the item, 10% commission on the postage and 10% to take your money by paypal. It's not really worth it for personal sellers anymore- which is why people start doing stupid things like having ridiculous postage. I'm thinking of closing my seller account.
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  geekybat Tue May 06, 2014 4:44 am

Thoughts?

That's crazy. I doubt I'd buy it at that price. I've seen polishes on eBay for 99p and the postage is like over 5 pounds - no thanks!

Unless the totally finish price with postage combined is less than what the item is worth, then I'd say go for it and if it's personally worth it because that's important as well.
geekybat
geekybat

http://www.ananka.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Tue May 06, 2014 5:57 am

mayMeow wrote:Ebay is getting silly now- they charge 10% commission on the item, 10% commission on the postage and 10% to take your money by paypal. It's not really worth it for personal sellers anymore- which is why people start doing stupid things like having ridiculous postage. I'm thinking of closing my seller account.

Completely agree with this, I can't be bothered selling stuff on ebay anymore. The fees are ridiculous now and the buyer protection has gone too far in my opinion. Ebay always find in favour of buyers, even when the seller has done nothing wrong.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue May 06, 2014 6:44 am

Yeah I haven't sold in eBay for, well at least two years but I do buy regular.

The item in question is a dress. It was probably bought in the region of £15-20, maybe a bit less if in the sale.

I like it and it's worth the postage plus 99p IF that's what it goes for. But knowing the postage will probably only cost her £2.80, 60p more if recorded and then many a smidge for packaging. Urgh. I dunno. Do I like the dress that much?! Tough one.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down