Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearing out the helmer- more things added!

+2
LoolaBeanbag
mayMeow
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clearing out the helmer- more things added! Empty Clearing out the helmer- more things added!

Post  mayMeow Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:36 am

Ready to get these out of the house so I don't want to try them now, so priced to clear! All polishes listed here are un-used and unopened unless otherwise stated. Please post if interested Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Revlon Whimsical (dupe of Deborah Lippmann 'glitter in the air', US only) £5
Revlon Stunning £3
Revlon Forbidden (used once) £1
OPI Excuse Moi £7
OPI Black Shatter £3
OPI Clubbing till Sunrise £3

ORLY Right Amount of Evil £5
ORLY Androgynie £7
ORLY Space Cadet £7
ORLY Mysterious Curse £7
Pumpkin orange and black £2
Pumpkin neon green £2

Sally Hansen Snow Blast £1
Sally Hansen Oxide £1
Butter London Big Smoke £8
Butter London Black Knight £8
Nicole by OPI All is Glam, All is Bright £3
Wet n Wild Fergie Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night £2

Kleancolor Afternoon Picnic £2
Kleancolor Golden Nirvana £2
Sinful Colors Purple Diamond £2
Sinful Colors Cinderella £2
Eternal 65 (purple with blue, pink and silver glitter) 50p
Layla 54 (green glitter in dark green base) £3

Julep Sophia £4
Julep ?? (used once) £1
Zoya Tangy £6
China Glaze Black Mesh (crackle) £1
Color Club Fame & Fortune £3
Barielle Green Opal £1

Revlon Moon Candy Satellite £7
Wet n Wild Bad for Credit Cards £1
Spoiled Deeper Dive £1
Wet n Wild Club Havana £1
Wet n Wild Heatwave £1
Nails inc Long Acre £5

Wet n Wild Atlantis £1
ULTA Dance Teal Dawn 50p
Sally Girl red Glitter £1
OPI mini ?? £1
ORLY mini sweet peacock £2
ULTA Pink Leather 50p

Versace red pearl £1
Etude goldie (korean) £3
ULTA Bombshell £1

Found these ones too!
Pumpkin glow in the dark £2
Sinful Colors Open Seas £2
Holographic hearts decorations £1
ULTA Pinyata-yada-yada £3 (Dupe for Deborah Lippmann 'happy birthday' [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
Estee Lauder Chaos £8 (swatched on one nail)

Nail stickers!
Unopened packs £1 each
Huge pile of sheets (around 50 or so) £2 (a couple of sheets have been partially used)

Wet 'n wild fast dry topcoat £1
Color club wing fling £3
17 nightshade 20p
Milani gold glitter striper £2

Kleancolor tiara gold (used once) £1
Kleancolor shooting star £2
No7 beanie (used once) 50p
Revlon Charming £3
Alessandra ?? 20p (used once)

Last edited by mayMeow on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:20 am; edited 12 times in total
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Clearing out the helmer- more things added! Empty Re: Clearing out the helmer- more things added!

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:10 am

I'd like both of the Juleps, the OPI mini, the Orly Mini, Ulta Bombshell and Kleanclor Afternoon Picnic please!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Clearing out the helmer- more things added! Empty Re: Clearing out the helmer- more things added!

Post  mayMeow Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:16 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:I'd like both of the Juleps, the OPI mini, the Orly Mini, Ulta Bombshell and Kleanclor Afternoon Picnic please!

No problem Smile £11 and £3 postage OK? If so, I'll pm you my paypal.
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:54 am

mayMeow wrote:
LoolaBeanbag wrote:I'd like both of the Juleps, the OPI mini, the Orly Mini, Ulta Bombshell and Kleanclor Afternoon Picnic please!

No problem Smile £11 and £3 postage OK? If so, I'll pm you my paypal.

Yup, Okiedokie! PM it over and I'll stump up straight away.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU may Meow!!!
My package has just arrived and the polishes are great - much nicer than the pics! Found out since buying these that Julep Sophia glows in the dark!! with glitter! Love it.
The Kleancolor is amazing - I have trouble with Kleancolor but liked this so much that I'll make it worth the effort, and the Ulta red has loads of holo glitter, beautiful. I'm just starting to play with reds having avoided them until now. The little OPI is fab - bluey with green sparkle and even some pink sparkle. Why oh why don't they label these?! I'd buy the bigger one if I knew what it was called. Love the Orly mini, it's a bit like Zoya Charla, one of my favourites.

All in all I'm so pleased and thank you very much indeed! cheers
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:25 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:THANK YOU THANK YOU may Meow!!!
My package has just arrived and the polishes are great - much nicer than the pics! Found out since buying these that Julep Sophia glows in the dark!! with glitter! Love it.
The Kleancolor is amazing - I have trouble with Kleancolor but liked this so much that I'll make it worth the effort, and the Ulta red has loads of holo glitter, beautiful. I'm just starting to play with reds having avoided them until now. The little OPI is fab - bluey with green sparkle and even some pink sparkle. Why oh why don't they label these?! I'd buy the bigger one if I knew what it was called. Love the Orly mini, it's a bit like Zoya Charla, one of my favourites.

No problem at all Loola Smile I'm really glad you liked everything! I think that's the first time I've ever had a parcel arrive the next day as well cat
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:56 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:THANK YOU THANK YOU may Meow!!!

The opi could be catch me in your net, summer 2009 collection- heard Zoya Charla and Orly Halleys comet are dupes. I have orly version, tried for opi and just couldn't get it.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:10 am

Thanks Jasmina - it sure is gorgeous! I saw a catch me in your net on eBay a week or so ago!!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Thanks Jasmina - it sure is gorgeous! I saw a catch me in your net on eBay a week or so ago!!

Be careful I got stung before, it was a fake! Got my money back but I was disappointed.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:49 am

How can you tell if it's fake unless it's really obvious?
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Babafette wrote:How can you tell if it's fake unless it's really obvious?

I read online guides and there was pictures.
There are standard things an opi bottle should have and theses didn't like the OPi written on the brush handle, the lid didn't have a gear box inner ring. Only one outer label not 2 (not conclusive as these can genuinely fall off)
Rare and hard to find colours being sold at reasonable prices
Multiple quantities
Stock photos used rather than actual product etc
The 3 are received were definitely different to ones from genuine retailer. They were still beautiful products but it was the principle to deceive, so I wanted my money back plus I paid a lot for them.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Thanks Jasmina, that's helpful. Smile I'd read stuff online about some of the wording on the label but nothing about the gear shape in the lid or OPI written on the brush handle. I'll have to check all mine, including the ones I know I bought from shops.
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:06 am

What's your quote including P&P for Revlon Stunning and SC Cinderella? Thanks!

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:07 am

Ellie wrote:What's your quote including P&P for Revlon Stunning and SC Cinderella? Thanks!

£3 for postage, so £8 OK for everything?
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:32 am

Could I have the Layla 54 if you still have it please ? Smile
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:53 am

SueD wrote:Could I have the Layla 54 if you still have it please ? Smile

Sure! I've also got an unused 51 (silver glitter) if you want that one as well? £3 postage OK?
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:08 am

Just the green one please,I have been eyeing it up in Sally's shop but it's out of stock,I have a thing for green Very Happy
£3 is fine for the p&p ,thank you cheers
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:11 am

SueD wrote:Just the green one please,I have been eyeing it up in Sally's shop but it's out of stock,I have a thing for green Very Happy
£3 is fine for the p&p ,thank you cheers

No problem at all :3 PM me for my PayPal, I can post it off for you tomorrow morning.
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:57 am

Jasmina wrote:

There are standard things an opi bottle should have and theses didn't like the OPi written on the brush handle, the lid didn't have a gear box inner ring. Only one outer label not 2 (not conclusive as these can genuinely fall off)
Multiple quantities
The 3 are received were definitely different to ones from genuine retailer. They were still beautiful products but it was the principle to deceive, so I wanted my money back plus I paid a lot for them.

Me too, I've read and read and doubted and read some more! I've also been in contact with a really helpful lady from Trim'n Polish after buying an OPI from her, she had a wealth of additional information and even sent me some pics of very early OPIs with paper or no labels on. I was checking the authenticity of the OPI (in a delicate and tactful fashion!) and she was pleased that I had done this, giving me her comapny's Lena White account number and the date the polish that I had bought was purchased by them.
I've also found that most of the black label polishes don't fit the general rules and guidelines on fakes - some don't have gears in the cap, and may have three or four mixing balls as well as labelling differences.....it's a minefield. Gut instinct is a good indicator, but it's not an exact science.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
Jasmina wrote:

Multiple quantities

Me too, I've read and read and doubted and read some more! I've also been in contact with a really helpful lady from Trim'n Polish after buying an OPI from her, she had a wealth of additional information and even sent me some pics of very early OPIs with paper or no labels on. I was checking the authenticity of the OPI (in a delicate and tactful fashion!) and she was pleased that I had done this, giving me her comapny's Lena White account number and the date the polish that I had bought was purchased by them.
I've also found that most of the black label polishes don't fit the general rules and guidelines on fakes - some don't have gears in the cap, and may have three or four mixing balls as well as labelling differences.....it's a minefield. Gut instinct is a good indicator, but it's not an exact science.

I agree as I haven't read the bit about 3/4 mixing balls.
It's a shame people go to these lengths to defraud nail addicts, the ones I had still looked like good colours, can't comment on quality but colour alone I would have picked them up in the shop. I just don't want to be duped into thinking I have a genuine product, I am very wary of buying OPI online now, I don't think I would sell my collection either as I wouldn't like being accused of selling fakes. especially not on ebay where the person might get their money back and keep your product.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:45 am

I agree Jasmina, and find it very annoying that some of the eBay ones are so obviously fakes but eBay aren't interested pre sale. Post sale if you do end up with a dud and are given the option to return for a refund you still have to fork out to send the damn thing back.
I buy most of my OPI from Asos, and keep the delivery note in case I am ever likely to want to get rid of any. I have both a fake and an authentic Rainbow Connection (I spotted the fake straight away) and to a non addict it would pass as the real thing.
Interestingly, almost a year ago now I found a site called Oops OPI advertised at the bottom of the eBay pages and bought a couple of polishes from there (with the Paypal safety net). On delivery I could tell straight away that they were fakes and on contacting the seller I was given an instant and full refund, no communication or questions asked. I took this as an admission of guilt and actually contacted OPI about it, sending them the link to the site. I had a generic acknowledgement email, but never heard any more from them. Charming!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:32 pm

LoolaBeanbag wrote:I agree Jasmina, and find it very annoying that some of the eBay ones are so obviously fakes but eBay aren't interested pre sale. Post sale if you do end up with a dud and are given the option to return for a refund you still have to fork out to send the damn thing back.
I buy most of my OPI from Asos, and keep the delivery note in case I am ever likely to want to get rid of any. I have both a fake and an authentic Rainbow Connection (I spotted the fake straight away) and to a non addict it would pass as the real thing.
Interestingly, almost a year ago now I found a site called Oops OPI advertised at the bottom of the eBay pages and bought a couple of polishes from there (with the Paypal safety net). On delivery I could tell straight away that they were fakes and on contacting the seller I was given an instant and full refund, no communication or questions asked. I took this as an admission of guilt and actually contacted OPI about it, sending them the link to the site. I had a generic acknowledgement email, but never heard any more from them. Charming!

That is so bad of Opi, they should care about their brand.
I have a few with the serial number etched off, apparently opi used to be really strict about retail channels- guess they don't care anymore.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 am

Are you open to offers for multiple purchases mayMeow? I'm supposed to be trying to cut down on my polish spending.......... Embarassed
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 am

Babafette wrote:Are you open to offers for multiple purchases mayMeow? I'm supposed to be trying to cut down on my polish spending.......... Embarassed

Of course Smile
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:42 am

I'm definitely interested in the Revlon Whimsical (I've been drooling over this for ages) and am mulling over Color Club Fame & Fortune and ORLY Right Amount of Evil, Space Cadet and Mysterious Curse.
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next