Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a Helmer!!!! now how do I organise it?

+10
Babafette
RainbowNails
SueD
stationaryace
Wesker
Jasmina
annita008
LoolaBeanbag
shoppingaddict
HanSpan
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I've got a Helmer!!!!  now how do I organise it? Empty I've got a Helmer!!!! now how do I organise it?

Post  HanSpan Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:44 pm

By colour, like my boxes are currently done?
My make?
With untrieds mixed in with the rest (as theya re at the moment) or kept separately.

Decisions decisions!

Its red and shiny and new and empty, and it has a home all of tis own in the living room.
Woohoo.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

I've got a Helmer!!!!  now how do I organise it? Empty Re: I've got a Helmer!!!! now how do I organise it?

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm

HanSpan wrote:
My make?
With untrieds mixed in with the rest (as theya re at the moment) or kept separately.

Decisions decisions!

Its red and shiny and new and empty, and it has a home all of tis own in the living room.
Woohoo.

I do mine by colour with untrieds in top drawer!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

I've got a Helmer!!!!  now how do I organise it? Empty Re: I've got a Helmer!!!! now how do I organise it?

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:22 pm

HanSpan wrote:
My make?

Decisions decisions!

Woohoo.

Oooh, I am very very jealous!!! alien
No idea on how to organise it, I hope one day to be faced with the same problem though!!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  annita008 Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:39 am

i suggest by brand, that way you can put similar bottles together and use the space better
annita008
annita008

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:25 am

I organise mine by brand, some drawers have multiple brands some only have a few. I find it easier as when my collection expands (which it has done many many times needing another shift around) it is quick to reorganise.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:42 am

I have no organisation whatsoever Very Happy

But then i havent got a Helmer scratch
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  stationaryace Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:09 am

I was worried about weight distribution when I got my helmer so it organised as follows:

tray 1 - swatches, random bits vaguely related to nails i think, can't check as it's right next to the tv and the F1 race just started (would be shot!)
tray 2 - jewellery making kit (present from mum, must use it one night when I haven't spent ages playing with my nails), any other jewellery found around the house
tray 3 - cheap nail varnish brands
tray 4 - varnish paraphanelia - cotton wool balls, cooton buds, sponges, decorating tools, beads, paint brushes, nail art pens
tray 5 - nicer nail varnish brands
tray 6 - overflow nails drawer, incl the Disney varnishes with the huge brushes that need to lie down

I have my bottles in takeaway containers bought from Poundland (healthier than having 18 takeaways) to evenly distribute the weight over the tray. Had one tray nearly fall on my toe in the the first week so I learned my lesson there.
stationaryace
stationaryace

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:08 am

*Wesker* wrote:I have no organisation whatsoever Very Happy

But then i havent got a Helmer scratch

Me neither Very Happy
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  RainbowNails Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 am

Top drawer pinks and topcoats base coats double ended polishes
2nd drawer glitter this is now completely full - ooops
3rd drawer reds oranges yellows and browns
4th drawer blacks greys whites and some purples
5th drawer purples and blues
6th drawer nail art stuff, stamping plates, reinforcement rings, nail tip guides fimo, diamantes etc etc etc
RainbowNails
RainbowNails

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:31 am

Mine is just organised by brand with my untrieds mixed in. Smile
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Interesting total lack of consensus!
I can see the appeal of by make so the bottles match, but when I go to put on nail varnish I don't think "ooh I want a China Glaze today" I tend to think "mmm blue"
Still I have the swatch sticks by colour so I could just use those to choose. But then I'd really struggle to check I've swatched everything.

I did think about the weight thing and thought I'd probably leave the top drawer for cotton balls and so on, and/or new purchaes until I've at least swatched them.

I was also wondering about how to stop things sloshing around draweres that aren't full. I have dividers made of empty kitchen rolls and cut up folders in my boxes, which I could remake - but they won't help if there's loads of space so I have have to think of some packing options. I do have tons of used bubble wrap upstairs so maybe that.

Its currently STILL empty as I had so many other things to do yesterday and still hadn't made a decision. If OH can stand a long transition I'm contemplating doing it as I put things on the newly created spreadsheet, but that could make it all take rather a long time!

Oh well - today work so I can just dream about sorting polish on my journey.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Sossidge Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm on to my second Helmer now and that is quite full now too Embarassed so I probably need to reorganise.

Helmer 1:

Top Red, orange, yellow, pinks
2nd greens blues
3rd purple, greys, nudes, browns, beiges
4th indies/expensive glitters
5th cheap glitters
6th effects (metallic / magnetic / crackle / colour change, etc)

Helmer 2:

Top Untried
2nd Tried once but need to use again
3rd Black, white, base coats, top coats
4th Cotton wool, sponges, remover, cotton buds
5th Nail art tools (dotting tools / striping tape, etc)
6th Nail art stuff (diamantes / decals / stickers / fimo

The reality is that the top drawer of Helmer no. 2 lives on the floor in my kitchen, alongside various other boxes of things I've got on the go, plus polish everywhere that hasn't been put in it's place Laughing
Princess Sossidge
Princess Sossidge

http://www.nuthinbutanailthing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RainbowNails Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:26 am

Princess sossidge reminded me in my glitter drawer there is also flakies crackles and other special effects like OPI spotted.

I have a second helmet but it is filled with jewellery hair stuff watches receipts and other bits and bobs so once I sort that I can put my nail art stuff in there then have 2 drawers for special effects glitters flakies crackles holos etc
RainbowNails
RainbowNails

Back to top Go down

Post  martinsgirl Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:14 am

I have mine organised by brand. Untrieds are in the drawer with top/base coats, thinner, remover, etc.
martinsgirl
martinsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:18 pm

I've gone for by colour as it was too much effort to totally start again.
I've separated all the swatch sticks into a separate drawer so I've got - from the top

remover & bits & bobs
stamping stuff & decorations & brushes (that I never use) and bits
Top & Base coats, flakies, glitter topcoats, effects topcoats
all the swatch sticks including crazy combo trials.
red/orange/yellow/brown/black & White
blue/green/purple

That was fun!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 am

Loola is finally in the Helmer club cheers
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:40 am

Have fun organising it Very Happy 
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:31 am

SueD wrote:Have fun organising it Very Happy 

I think I may have to scale down a tad too Sue, I feel a little de-polish coming on. I have amassed so many in the past few months and I don't want Helmo to be too chaotic. Also, my sister has also asked me to get her a 36W UV lamp and Gelish gear to be kept at my pad so she can get her nails done when she's in the hood. I'm quite flattered, she usually pays to have them done either in London or Houston depending on which side of the Atlantic she's on. I think I may try Seche UV topcoat if I'll have a lamp but I won't be getting into the gels myself though.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:30 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Loola is finally in the Helmer club cheers
Ooh nice one Loola! Very Happy Have you managed to put it together yet? I found it a bit of a nightmare to be honest, OH did it for me. I look forward to seeing some stash pictures when it's nicely organised. geek 

I'll be keeping an eye out for your de-stash! Wink Laughing
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Won't we all?! Lol
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 pm

No, not another de-stash...I'll be tempted again! I don't know that I'd like a Helmer,I sort of like my un-organised chaos !Shocked Very Happy Very Happy And I have no where to put one !
Am I the only helmer virgin here now?!
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:03 pm

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
SueD wrote:Have fun organising it Very Happy 

I think I may have to scale down a tad too Sue, I feel a little de-polish coming on.  I have amassed so many in the past few months and I don't want Helmo to be too chaotic.  Also, my sister has also asked me to get her a 36W UV lamp and Gelish gear to be kept at my pad so she can get her nails done when she's in the hood.  I'm quite flattered, she usually pays to have them done either in London or Houston depending on which side of the Atlantic she's on. I think I may try Seche UV topcoat if I'll have a lamp but I won't be getting into the gels myself though.

Stalking you round the forum shouting dibs, your collection is beautiful.

I have also been re-organising my helmer as number 2 was looking dangerously full. Luckily I have managed to secure some more space.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Helmer is still not assembled, I'll confess - I bought an 'Egil' padded spinny stool and a funky shaped laptop stand too, so that I can sit and paint in comfort so those were put together last night instead. I usually 'do it' bending over the worktop thingie (80s style bedroom furniture that would only really look good at Southfork) and it gives me backache.
Husband has promised to put the Helmo together later. Am just a wee bit excited about that Embarassed 

I held out for a long time Sue, but always knew I'd succumb in the end. My current chaotic collection is starting to pose me problems as I have polish littered all over the work surface that I really need to use. I fear I might melt the carpet if I put my straighteners on the floor!! Laughing 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:38 am

Erm.....they don't all fit in Embarassed 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:44 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Erm.....they don't all fit in Embarassed 
PMSL!!! Laughing Well you have been studiously adding to your collection over the last few months.... Wink 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next