Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In search of a new 1 coat black polish

5 posters

Go down

In search of a new 1 coat black polish Empty In search of a new 1 coat black polish

Post  mrsmoore2b Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Hey ladies, I'm on the hunt for a 1 coat black polish to layer over. I've had sinful colours black on black before and while that is a 1 coater I hate having to wait a week for it to come from the US. The only other black I have tried is Rimmel black out which takes 2 coats, the brush is a bit of a mare too, really must give it a hair cut tbh!

Suz x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

In search of a new 1 coat black polish Empty Re: In search of a new 1 coat black polish

Post  Jasmina Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am

Sally Hansen Insta dri range are solid one coaters and great for stamping. I haven't personally tried the black one but they are cheap and easy to get hold off. Frangrance direct sells them for £1.49 and lots of pound shops have them.

I find black quite thin until at least the second coat, the no 7 one is lovely are after 2 coats but a bit dear to just buy as a base for layering polishes IMO, £6 without the special offer vouchers- I never buy no 7 nail polish without a voucher.

Miss sporty black isn't too bad either but mine went really gloopy fast and it's only 7ml.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

In search of a new 1 coat black polish Empty Re: In search of a new 1 coat black polish

Post  Princess Sossidge Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 am

Collection Cosmetics Liquorice is the black polish I always use. That's a one coater and it's got a lovely fat brush. I think it's £1.99 or £2.99 or so.
Princess Sossidge
Princess Sossidge

http://www.nuthinbutanailthing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:04 am

Thankyou both for your suggestions Smile
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Sossidge Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:34 am

mrsmoore, I picked up a couple of 2true blacks yesterday to give them a go (they are 3 for £5 in Superdrug) and the black is really good, thats pretty much a one coater and very shiny. I'll try and take a picture later and show you.
Princess Sossidge
Princess Sossidge

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 am

Princess Sossidge wrote:mrsmoore, I picked up a couple of 2true blacks yesterday to give them a go (they are 3 for £5 in Superdrug) and the black is really good, thats pretty much a one coater and very shiny. I'll try and take a picture later and show you.

Thankyou hunni Smile
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:24 am

I actually use KONAD black as I realised how thick it was, got fed up with doing coat after coat of Barry M. One coat needed, but it does dry matte, nothing Seche Vite can't fix though Wink
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:47 am

Thanks Laura I'd never have thought of using a stamping polish Smile
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:56 am

Haha, I'm hopeless at stamping so had to put the polishes I bought to some use! I use KONAD white too!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:57 am

That sounds like me lol x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Sossidge Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:52 am

Sorry! This has taken me ages to get back to you!

This is the w7 black, one coat. I usually use collection cosmetics black but I might be switching

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Princess Sossidge
Princess Sossidge

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsmoore2b Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 am

Oh that's fab thankyou very much hunni x
mrsmoore2b
mrsmoore2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:02 am

Avoid the Barry M. 2 Coats but it does go very shiny, however, it loses its sheen and is VERY dull by day 2 Crying or Very sad
Jane
Jane
Admin

http://pulliptears.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down