Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Brand?

+9
shoppingaddict
HanSpan
LoolaBeanbag
Jasmina
mayMeow
annita008
ninjablossom
Laura
13 posters

Go down

Favourite Brand? Empty Favourite Brand?

Post  Laura Fri May 10, 2013 8:41 am

What's your favourite brand of nail polish and why?

For me I think A-England Smile I just love the rich colours and the names of the polishes are awesome.

Barry M probably second because they have so much to offer!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Favourite Brand? Empty Re: Favourite Brand?

Post  ninjablossom Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 am

oooh tough question!

It was China Glaze - cheap and loads of colours but how they could release such polishes like Isle see you later, made me disappointed in them. Where was the quality control - streaking can deal with, just being shit - no.
So now I love Kiko, cheap and loads of colours and out of all of them I have tried, only 1 was streaky. I like the fact they have no weird names. Some of the OPI and CG names are just trying to hard.
The Picture Polish holo scatter jellys are amazing.
I was soooo dissapointed by Barry M textures so they not on my list. When I get over it, maybe Barry M will be back up there.

I have a feeling when my Zoya's turn up, they might just totally top the list though...
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Fri May 10, 2013 9:15 am

I agree about the OPI names haha, they annoy me a bit Embarassed
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  annita008 Fri May 10, 2013 9:24 am

mine is china glaze, i have lots of them...but they are coming up with some too similar shades :/
annita008
annita008

Back to top Go down

Post  Sticky Fri May 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Very difficult question because there's so much choice - more so now than ever before IMO, but my top 3 would be OPI, Essie and Color Club.

Most polishes I buy from these three brands are beautifully opaque in two coats, which is imporant to me, as I really dislike really thin formulas that take ages to dry because you have to slap on 4+ layers - and even then it's streaky.
I find lots of Models Own polishes are like this which is a shame because I love the brand generally.

Back to top Go down

Post  mayMeow Fri May 10, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm a total packaging whore and I cannot lie.

Jill Stuart - Amazing formula (their jellys are to die for) and lovely scent. But they're so expensive and difficult to get hold of Sad

and... Sally Hansen. They're always coming up with new ideas, polishes are cheap, reliable and in any colour you want.
mayMeow
mayMeow

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Fri May 10, 2013 8:25 pm

I think Opi is my number one, I love the effects, colours and textures- I do hate all this limited edition business though, knowing beautiful ones I own may be impossible to replace in the future makes me annoyed then search for dupes!

I love essie, the formula is spot on and fab for glitter sandwiches and elegance.

I love how funky china glaze is, the colours and intense and love the wear.

I love how cheap Barry M is and how diverse the range is.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Fri May 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Hmmmmm, tough question. I do love a nice China Glaze, reliable, steady but not going to se the world on fire any time soon. Color Clubs are also pretty good on the whole, Kiko have some great finishes, and I'm rather fond of the Impalas and Flormars too. I think the differences between formulas within each brand makes it too hard to pick a favourite though.
Kleancolor for me are consistently unimpressive.
I think we need a poll here, for best and worst!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Fri May 10, 2013 10:08 pm

I love Orly for just plain colours - best coverage and consistency I've found
Sally Hansen - particularly the Instadrys are great too. although some of the other types are inconsistent.
Barry M consistently good and inexpensive.

Kleancolour (I've only had holos) very pretty but awful to get to dry:(
Colourclub meh - too thin and watery
sinful colours ditto
Nails Inc & Model's own - Meh
OPI - Meh - too expensive for what it is, and far too inconsistent. Apart from the liquid sands - love them!
Revlon - great from the £1 shop but wouldn't pay full price as they are far too inconsistent too.

Having just thought about it I've decided that inconsistency is my greatest hate - I really get cross when I buy something I love the look of and the consistency or application turns out to be bad, or it takes forever to dry (or won't ever dry!). I'd rather just not buy a colour I really love, rather than have it sitting there in the bottle looking theoretically lovely but knowing that if I try it again I'll probably just waste an evening having to take it all off again.
So becuase of their consistent quality my favourites are definitely the three up the top - Orly, SH Instadry and Barry M. I've never had a dissapointing bottle of any of them.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Fri May 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Thats a tough one really. Love China Glaze, have LOADS of their polishes. My first love was Models Own. That is the company that got me started on my nail fascination but not so much at the moment. The mirrorball collection killed it for me.

I'm loving Kiko and Sinful Colors at the moment (feels weird spelling colours wrong!) as they are cheap and cheerful but have great colours.

Up until recently I used to be a total indie whore. Other that Dollish I've started to get a bit bored about them all as they are all starting to look a bit samey. I'm hoping that something will pop up that I JUST have to have, as that hasn't happened for some time now.

God, sounds like I'm talking myself out of my addiction.............. nah think my untrieds drawer is saying otherwise!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Sat May 11, 2013 2:57 am

Think my fave has to be OPI as I've been buying them for so long and have a 'few' (though I hate the pro-wide brushes !)Embarassed ,second would be Barry M for the simple fact that they do two of my fave ever polishes,Racing Green and Navy. Love the China Glaze's & Zoya's I have but that's just 4 and 3 of each respectively Sad
I wanted to love Kiko,but the ones I got all seemd a bit gloopy and difficult to apply.
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat May 11, 2013 4:36 am

Kiko is alright, the colours don't set my world alight but I've not had any problems with application and the prices are quite good.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue May 14, 2013 6:24 am

OPI is definitely my favourite brand. I love you I like the range of colours and I find they apply really well and last a long time without chipping.
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  star_struck Tue May 14, 2013 6:30 am

Probably Nails Inc (never bought at full price though - I love QVC for their sets) and Barry M. I just love both for their consistenly good quality and colours. I do like Opi, but can't quite justify the price.
star_struck
star_struck

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue May 14, 2013 6:37 am

I don't think I've ever paid full price for an OPI - I agree they are very expensive.
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue May 14, 2013 6:41 am

Babafette wrote:I don't think I've ever paid full price for an OPI - I agree they are very expensive.
Me neither these days Smile
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  star_struck Tue May 14, 2013 6:59 am

Im glad it's not just me Smile Do you just wait for sales? I have promised myself that I can buy "a couple of" opi polishes in 2 weeks when I finish my degree. It is the only reason I have most a dissertation written! bounce
star_struck
star_struck

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue May 14, 2013 7:16 am

If it's an older one,I'll look on ebay but I set a limit on what I'm prepared to pay.If it's a new one or from the classics range I'll get it from John Lewis as I get 25% discount,which generally works out cheaper than buying online if there are p&p charges to take into consideration. Or keep an eye out for stash sales on here :-)
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue May 14, 2013 7:27 am

I buy from eBay, stash sales or online sellers. Smile Much as I love OPI, it would pain me to part with £11.50 for a single bottle of polish! Laughing
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sticky Tue May 14, 2013 9:06 pm

I remember the days when OPI cost £8.50 !

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Trade price from Lena White is £5.75 plus VAT. Astonishing.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sticky Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 pm

I've got *quite a lot* of OPI's and have only ever paid full price twice ! And I'm not too sure why I did

Big Apple Red - really no idea why I would pay full price for that, as there are hundreds of dupes around.
Also bought Glitzerland at full price, which I still love but hardly ever wear, as it's not the most flattering colour for my pale skin.
£3.99 OPI's on Fragrance Direct though - brilliant ! And I only bought two !!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down