Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men.......

+10
Wesker
Sam
Babafette
ninjablossom
starrystarry
shoppingaddict
Jasmina
Laura
SueD
LoolaBeanbag
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Men....... Empty Men.......

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:18 am

Sorry Wesker's boyf, but you're kind of a bit outnumbered here........
I thought we could do with a thread dedicated to our wonderful, loving, considerate, loyal, irritating, irrational, vulgar other halves.  This stemmed from an incident earlier this evening.
I was sitting on my posh comfy padded stool in the bedroom, painting my daughters' nails and my own at my new table.  The big tower fan was on to keep us cool, we had drinks and were having a lovely chat - eldest daughter was lounging on the bed reading her book, little one was looking at all the pretty coloured polishes and renaming them herself (Gay Friday was my favourite Shocked ).  All very calm, lovely and girly.  Husband clomps in, drops keks and boxers and bends over to cool his nuts on the fan, guffawing insanely.  Serenity shattered.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Men....... Empty Re: Men.......

Post  SueD Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:56 am

O....M....G.....!!! I think my girls would have been scarred for life if their Dad ever did that!Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy 
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:09 pm

LMFAO!!!

I really love my boyfriend. He does his best to do right by me even though he has his fair share of problems. He winds me up sometimes by tickling me incessantly but he's so funny, talented and kind-hearted that I have not ever been truly angry at him. We've never argued either, not properly Smile

On the other hand, he does fart down the phone at me and he thinks that smacking me in the face with his willy is hilarious, but I wouldn't swap him for anyone!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Sorry Hun but that is hilarious, I have a really immature sense of humour. I was saying to DH his balls looked really long today and he proceeded to explain about the heat, I reminded him I knew about biology and was just remarking on his long balls.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Men in my life are like kids. I spend my whole time looking after them!!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Jasmina wrote:Sorry Hun but that is hilarious, I have a really immature sense of humour. I was saying to DH his balls looked really long today and he proceeded to explain about the heat, I reminded him I knew about biology and was just remarking on his long balls.

Husband insists that since he's been snipped (but that was a whole saga in itself, ended up in A&E as he passed out and went into full monty shock, fit and everything affraid ) the that tube acted as elastic to keep 'em up has been freed and that now he has droopy old man balls. He still admires them in the mirror, picking up various toiletry products and litre bottles of drink to compare to the size of his willy. He takes great pride in the fact that his scaffolding nickname was Dobbin.........Shocked Laughing 

LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:36 pm

My OH has just spilt half a tin of paint down the stairs.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:24 pm

shoppingaddict wrote:My OH has just spilt half a tin of paint down the stairs.

No doubt it wasn't his fault Very Happy 

Husband has decided to call me Nik Nak today - as in Scaramanga's midget sidekick. Who's laughing really though, he's just about to do a full Tesco's shop accompanied by the swearing toddler, two daughters and my 4 year old. Have an nice time Hon.......Laughing 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:06 pm

No it was the stairs fault.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 pm

shoppingaddict wrote:No it was the stairs fault.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Mine got black liquid shoe polish on the cream bedding the other day. A big blob of it. That wasn't his fault either. It was expensive bedding that (Northern Nights) and almost brand new (2nd time it had been used). He thinks it'll come out in the wash clown 
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:28 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
Jasmina wrote:Sorry Hun but that is hilarious, I have a really immature sense of humour. I was saying to DH his balls looked really long today and he proceeded to explain about the heat, I reminded him I knew about biology and was just remarking on his long balls.

Husband insists that since he's been snipped (but that was a whole saga in itself, ended up in A&E as he passed out and went into full monty shock, fit and everything affraid ) the that tube acted as elastic to keep 'em up has been freed and that now he has droopy old man balls.  He still admires them in the mirror, picking up various toiletry products and litre bottles of drink to compare to the size of his willy.  He takes great pride in the fact that his scaffolding nickname was Dobbin.........Shocked Laughing 

Ha ha ha what is he like

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:18 am

are all your OH's British?

I have a Colombian possible love interest - he's very intense, says what he wants and is erm very affectionate - as I find most Latino guys to be. However as a reserved english girl, I find him hard to handle! affraid how ever he is quite simply fit as feck (actually blue eyed, shaved head and stocky so not your average latino type) so if I'm going to see him again, I need to keep some control of the situation but don't know how... - very different from british blokes.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:35 am

Oh my!!

erm get him drunk??? should calm him down!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:38 am

think that makes him more affectionate. Its really like dealing with a different species after seeing english guys, I need a guide book.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:39 am

christ..........

i really have no suggestions then!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:11 am

maybe I just don't take him out in public - lol. nope see this is down hill already. Theres a lot to be said for reserved guys!
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 am

Sorry hun my DH is English so no advice to hand out, he is affectionate in public but not cringworthy.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:38 am

ninjablossom wrote:maybe I just don't take him out in public - lol. nope see this is down hill already. Theres a lot to be said for reserved guys!

I genuinely find it hard to really connect on any meaningful level with people from wildly different backgrounds. I'm also over suspicious with the over affectionate types, assuming they're only after one thing, but that's my insecurities about my attractive-rating showing through.
He deserves a chance? You deserve a bit of fun?! Oh go on.............Very Happy 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:41 am

I'd be pretty pleased with any kind of affection at the moment. Neutral 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:50 am

I wouldn't say its cringey, the hand holding and flirty kisses I like. Its flattering but sometimes really intense.Which I think latin men are just like that - they show their emotions very easy and I'm just being too english I think, I like my brick wall that protects me.
yep I should just go for it and I'm not looking for a deep and meaningful here, so I should stop trying to control the situation - just let loose! Cool  lol

Awww Bab's you okay? Sad
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:03 am

ninjablossom wrote:I wouldn't say its cringey, the hand holding and flirty kisses I like. Its flattering but sometimes really intense.Which I think latin men are just like that - they show their emotions very easy and I'm just being too english I think, I like my brick wall that protects me.
yep I should just go for it and I'm not looking for a deep and meaningful here, so I should stop trying to control the situation - just let loose! Cool  lol

Awww Bab's you okay? Sad

There's your answer then, if you found it cringeworthy it would be too much but as you don't it is just right IMO. I would say go with it.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:08 am

My OH insists on having a glass of water next to the bed every night (which obviously he doesn't drink because he's asleep). He quite frequently knocks this over, because I think he fights in his sleep? I've taken a hit on more than one occasion lol. Anyhoo, a few weeks ago he knocked his water over again during the night, just picked it up and didn't worry too much about it. Then in the morning he discovered it had gone all over his work file, and he flipped. I suggested perhaps he should stop keeping a glass of water there...but no, apparently the glass of water wasn't the problem, it was my stuff on the bedside table that had caused him to knock over the glass of water that he had put there apparently.

Men are stupid.
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:53 am

Incredibly Sam. Mine is currently standing in the back garden picking snails out of the flowerbeds and belting them up the garden with a tennis racquet. He's having a good time Rolling Eyes 

As for the glass of water, I have one too that I never touch. I do however, have the sense to put my Kindle and magazines on a higher shelf just in case I ever did knock it over - i.e. if husband decides to stretch out flat on his back mid-kip and put his hands behind his head elbowing me in the eye or boob in the process and I have to perch on the edge of the bed for self protection.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:19 am

Hahaha I've been there Loola. I woke up once to an uppercut to the face. I've also been kicked in the shins, and had an elbow to the eye. Now if I wake up grumpy he assumes he's accidentally hit me in the night and is all apologetic, but normally it's just because i don't like waking up..

And poor snails...
Sam
Sam

http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:26 am

ninjablossom wrote:Awww Bab's you okay? Sad
Let's just say I'm in the doghouse at the moment. Crying or Very sad Hardly talking to me, short snappy responses, no hand holding and no cuddles at all.
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum