Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you store your nail polishes?

+8
Jasmina
Babafette
Muffy
Sally Magpie
Sarah
polishaddict
shoppingaddict
Laura
12 posters

Go down

How do you store your nail polishes? Empty How do you store your nail polishes?

Post  Laura Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:50 am

Hey ladies, has any got any pics of how they keep their collections?

Mine are all shoved in a box but I've got 120+ and I need to start considering some proper storage... any tips or examples of effective storage would be fab Very Happy
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

How do you store your nail polishes? Empty Re: How do you store your nail polishes?

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:54 am

Helmer every time! I would take a photo but the room it's in is slightly messy. Lost my junk room when my bro in law moved in!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

How do you store your nail polishes? Empty Re: How do you store your nail polishes?

Post  polishaddict Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:58 am

I have mine in sets of drawers similar to the ones in the link below, although mine drawers are slightly deeper and more narrow.

I like them because you can lift the drawers out and pick out the polish you want by looking at them from the underneath as the plastic is see through Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
polishaddict
polishaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And a deeper draw for all my 'bits' - glitter, nail art pens, stamps, tape etc Very Happy
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:03 am

Helmer for me too. I have two cream ones and couldn't live without them.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

http://nailpron.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:03 am

My dad built me a shelving unit for mine. It holds a bit over 400 so is almost full. I don't know if I have room for another though. Shocked

Crappy iPhone pic:

The shelves fit about 22 polishes wide, and also one in front of the other, so each shelf can hold roughly 44 polishes. Very Happy

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:07 am

shoppingaddict wrote:Helmer every time!
Lady S wrote:Helmer for me too. I have two cream ones and couldn't live without them.
I have a Helmer too. Mine's silver and there's still plenty of room left...... Wink
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:20 am

Forgive me for being dim, but what's a helmer?
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  polishaddict Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:26 am

Laura wrote:Forgive me for being dim, but what's a helmer?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
polishaddict
polishaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:32 am

Muffy wrote:My dad built me a shelving unit for mine. It holds a bit over 400 so is almost full. I don't know if I have room for another though. Shocked

Crappy iPhone pic:

The shelves fit about 22 polishes wide, and also one in front of the other, so each shelf can hold roughly 44 polishes. Very Happy

Wow! Shocked Laughing
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:05 am

In clear plastic ikea boxes with lids. I have a lot lol

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:25 am

Ah I've never been to an IKEA. Helmer looks like great value but isn't very pretty, then again storage never is haha
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:51 am

Laura wrote:Ah I've never been to an IKEA. Helmer looks like great value but isn't very pretty, then again storage never is haha

You could buy the silver and glitter it up? Laughing
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:17 am

xoxo wrote:
Laura wrote:Ah I've never been to an IKEA. Helmer looks like great value but isn't very pretty, then again storage never is haha

You could buy the silver and glitter it up? Laughing

Very Happy I think I'm moving soon so I will wait until I get my new place then assess the room I have and colours etc. But it's great to get a head start, thanks to everyone who contrtibuted!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 am

Laura wrote:Ah I've never been to an IKEA.
I very often wish I hadn't.....!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Laura wrote:Helmer looks like great value but isn't very pretty, then again storage never is haha
I'm not a fan of IKEA in general to be honest, but actually the Helmer is not too bad to look at. It's quite neat, the drawers are the perfect height for polish and it holds lots and lots of bottles. Here's a picture of my silver one: Smile

Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Sossidge Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:37 pm

Another vote for a Helmer! Smile I have a cream one, but I definitely need another now. Embarassed
Princess Sossidge
Princess Sossidge

http://www.nuthinbutanailthing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fixx Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:53 pm

Princess Sossidge wrote:Another vote for a Helmer! Smile I have a cream one, but I definitely need another now. Embarassed

And another vote from me – mine is also cream Smile Just got it a few weeks ago, and it’s awesome. I put some non-slip drawer lining in too, so everything stays in place and neat unless it gets bumped hard.

I must keep an eye out for a wallet thing for my plates though – I’d like it if I could see them all easier.

fixx

Back to top Go down

Post  jo4576 Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Roughly how many bottle does a helmer hold and can it take the taller opi bottles?

I've got an Addis style plastic unit with clear drawers but not only have I outgrown it but there is so my wasted space! The drawers are high enough to have 2 nails inc bottles stacked on top of each other but that's not an ideal way to keep them. The helmers look nicer and are more compact
jo4576
jo4576

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 pm

If I didn't have the other bits in mine ( stamping stuff, tub of glitters/tub of bally things I would fit most of mine in. So that is about 450.

It carries the larger OPI bottles with ease, the only ones I have had issue with are the larger peri pera polishes with the cat handle.
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

Back to top Go down

Post  jo4576 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 am

Sounds ideal - thanks for the information. It's quite hard to judge frm the photo online - it looks quite small.

I'm around the 400 mark for polishes so would outgrow one quite quickly I would guess.
jo4576
jo4576

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 am

My lovely other half took me into Wilko's this morning and bought me this for £15:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I've spent a great afternoon sorting polishes out into colour and organising them so I can grab them as I work. I do most of my false nails on the dining table so finally having something I can wheel around next to me is just brilliant. I can also store drying nails on the top out of the way Very Happy

He also bought me a little spotlight for my closeup work too Very Happy

Love him to bits he's fab bounce
Jane
Jane
Admin

http://pulliptears.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sally Magpie Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 am

He is very lovely indeed
Sally Magpie
Sally Magpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:56 am

Aww how kind of him Very Happy
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:02 am

I've used little baskets within it so I can stack them and make the most of the space. Happy now its perfect for me Very Happy
Jane
Jane
Admin

http://pulliptears.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down